Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

There are a lot of posts about economy, but none(that I could find) about gold. In a player driven economy there needs to be something to pay for all the cool items. So how do you get gold? Monster drops are illogical and contradict pvp concept of the game. Will there be NPCs willing to buy your stuff in Eternal Worlds? I'd like there to be some npcs in shops and some you can hire as servants for your houses and shops. If you could own a shop, provide items but have an npc as a salesclerk it would simplify trade. Of course normal trading would also be in te game.
The other way to obtain gold could be crafting coins from gold ore.

tl;dr: What do you think gold will come from:

monster drops

npc

mining ores

other?

Edited by filip99999

Would love to see a economy system with out a standard currency. Rather have just materials and resources and let the players form the economy. Certain items will become the standard for of a "currency". A item that most people want or need somehow. 

A good example of a system like this is PoE. There is zero "gold" in that game.

I think they should do a star system. Every good deed earns you a number of stars. Then you can trade your stars for gum drops (from an NPC of course) and use these gum drops as currency.

Seriously though, this thread..

First off, I'm going to give myself a reminder of what the Devs claim the game does:

"7. But the game will still have instanced based PvE raids, right?

No, actually.  Crowfall is a game is about territorial conquest and a player-driven economy – not PvE raids."

Player-driven economy.  In other words, we are the bosses around here (Most likely, not confirmed).  We deicde what goes and what does not.

First off Crowfall's economy WILL HAVE BARTERING, but will we the players use it exclusively?  I can see Ores with practical uses (Such as ore necessary for weapon production) becoming a basic currency, and as new recipes emerge, higher tier (late tech) ore such as gold becomes a more advanced currency (1 gold is as valuable as many coppers).

We will likely have bartering and we will come come up with a common currency (Which would be an everyday crafting component).

The beauty of the economy is that The Hunger eats it before it becomes too badly inflated.

How Can Mounts Add to the Crowfall Experience?  Caravans, Hunting Boars, and more.

How Complex can Mining be in Crowfall?  Mining difficulty, fatigue, infrastructure.

surbear, on 03 Feb 2015 - 1:50 PM, said:

Or resources are your currency.  You want a sword?  Go to a swordsmith and give him enough iron and coal to make two swords.  He gives you one.

As a crafter in mmorpgs myself, i would like crafting to be much much more involved in the gearing of players then in recent mmos where crafted gear becomes redundant once people get their PvP set.

Maybe if crafters have to make the gear, and players can only upgrade them with dropped stuff, that you ofcourse have to take to a enchanter crafter or the like.

Easy.

$5, 20 gold.

$10, 50 gold.

$25, 150 gold.

$50, 350 gold.

**$99, 800 gold. BEST VALUE**

Just kidding, I sure hope not.

Who knows, they seem pretty adamant to not talk too much about these things. But then again, a game with consequences. They will turn away their whole audience. I dont expect to see a thread about the payment model until early access copies have "sold out".

As a crafter in mmorpgs myself, i would like crafting to be much much more involved in the gearing of players then in recent mmos where crafted gear becomes redundant once people get their PvP set.

Maybe if crafters have to make the gear, and players can only upgrade them with dropped stuff, that you ofcourse have to take to a enchanter crafter or the like.

From what I have read, this is the way they are heading.

PvPers will be dependent on crafters for armor and weapons and crafters will be dependent on pvpers for resources, as guards and such.

There are a lot of posts about economy, but none(that I could find) about gold. In a player driven economy there needs to be something to pay for all the cool items. So how do you get gold? Monster drops are illogical and contradict pvp concept of the game. Will there be NPCs willing to buy your stuff in Eternal Worlds? I'd like there to be some npcs in shops and some you can hire as servants for your houses and shops. If you could own a shop, provide items but have an npc as a salesclerk it would simplify trade. Of course normal trading would also be in te game.

The other way to obtain gold could be crafting coins from gold ore.

tl;dr: What do you think gold will come from:

monster drops

npc

mining ores

other?

Barter?

But there will probably be gold from pve.

Edited by Zeonx

I don't like barter economies.  Definitely looking forward to seeing their implementation of the market currency, including how the currency will be introduced into the game and what sinks will be in the game to drain economy from the game to avoid hyperinflation.

Barter economies always end up sucking; something ends up becoming the defacto currency, but new players don't know what that defacto currency is. All you end up doing is adding unnecessary opaqueness to a subsystem that should be as transparent as possible. 

2G8o9A7.gif

The Otter King of Pax Maelstrom