Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How it Works: Powers selection - Official discussion thread

Pann

Not sure how i feel about this...

1-10 – Players will default to 1-8 usable slots; however, through the use of the Expansive Mind minor discipline, this can be expanded by two additional slots.

Could be interesting though..... Must wait and see.

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

• 1-10 – Players will default to 1-8 usable slots; however, through the use of the Expansive Mindminor discipline, this can be expanded by two additional slots.

That's quite powerful for a minor discipline. Hopefully there will be equally powerful alternative minor disciplines available otherwise I could see this discipline being a requirement. I kinda liked the idea of having 10 ability slots and now we're down to 8 by default. I'll wait to pass judgment but initially this seems like a big change that was slid into this update as a detail.

Blazzen <Lords of Death>

YouTube - Twitch - Guild

1 minute ago, destrin said:

Not sure how i feel about this...

Could be interesting though..... Must wait and see.

Nah,i think it will work. But the 1-8 may just be a starting point, there's ways they can adjust it either universally or at the archetype/training/vessel level, he gave a fairly good example with the discipline. And the game is focused on short cooldown abilities anyway so having only a few abilities makes more sense than in other games having 32 hot keys with a bunch of long duration cooldowns. 

WTB the Closed Mind starter rune thats the reverse of this.

But lets ask the real questions. Can we edit combos? Because lets be honest, 90% of them are only useful via the last power. The entire combo system has never really been addressed.

CfWBSig.png

1-10 – Players will default to 1-8 usable slots; however, through the use of the Expansive Mind minor discipline, this can be expanded by two additional slots.

Maybe I'm alone in this, but I think this is a terrible idea. Honestly, who WOULDN'T want two additional slots to put more skills on? More options is almost always an advantage.

Seems like Expansive Mind will be a must have.

everything else sounds cool (where da fak is my assassasassin info). It's interesting that you can slot anything anywhere, I might of liked some more uniformity (ultimates only being slotable in the ultimate slot, but being able to change the key binding).

Edited by Helix

1 minute ago, Vectious said:

But lets ask the real questions. Can we edit combos? Because lets be honest, 90% of them are only useful via the last power. The entire combo system has never really been addressed.

I hope we can eventually.  Cause there was a lot of talk about this early on.  The combos never felt very combo-y, but they do currently provide a telegraph of what is coming.

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

23 minutes ago, IHeartFargo said:

Is that a building indicator I spy on the compass? Please let that be a building indicator I spy on the compass.

feels like that could be a temple location ? 

Don't forget, the one EK that no one will judge you for looting your guilds treasury is Anhrez's Doober Shack. Where you can take those long con gains and 'simplify' them to more easily fit in your inventory. While you are unloading your hard earned winnings, swing by the Bazaar and pick up something to celebrate your genius.

LR0tCJt.png

Just now, destrin said:

I hope we can eventually.  Cause there was a lot of talk about this early on.  The combos never felt very combo-y, but they do currently provide a telegraph of what is coming.

Indeed, the animation indicators and the artificial 'cast time' are the only reason i feel the combos in the current iteration even have merit. But if they are changeable then the animations are not as reliable unless they follow a system of tiers so with in a margin of error if you see an animation theres only so many abilities that can follow it up.

It would be a very interesting and potentially complex system of combo mapping that could add to depth. 

CfWBSig.png

Just now, Vectious said:

Indeed, the animation indicators and the artificial 'cast time' are the only reason i feel the combos in the current iteration even have merit. But if they are changeable then the animations are not as reliable unless they follow a system of tiers so with in a margin of error if you see an animation theres only so many abilities that can follow it up.

It would be a very interesting and potentially complex system of combo mapping that could add to depth. 

I agree.  Something like this would be fun to play with.  At this stage though it sounds like an after-launch type feature.

YouTube Channel

Okay, I buried the lead with the LMB-thing...Druids will be able to use shields AND Scimitars, and it appears, replace their life tray with melee weapon powers? No more healing just to be able to attack? This is somewhat of an awesome thing.

Also, it seems like Mastery Runes have context-sensitive powers, somewhat like how armor looks different depending on what AT is wearing it. Unless non-Druids get an Essence-based passive if they slot that rune...

Edited by Anthrage

15 minutes ago, Helix said:

Maybe I'm alone in this, but I think this is a terrible idea. Honestly, who WOULDN'T want two additional slots to put more skills on? More options is almost always an advantage.

Honestly I could take two, if not three skills off my hotbar right now & it wouldn't affect my game play at all.  I think this will come down to what abilities disciplines can confer, as well as things like AT, etc etc. 

I also think this will be a lot more interesting if/when we can save 'load-outs' of our abilities to switch between.

I'm on the fence about being able to re-key lmb/rmb/c ... think this could do either way.

Will be interesting to test!

Interesting

Naturally I am waiting for further druid details that were teased.

And previous questions about trays, slots, and keeping resource costs 'balanced'. (and will 'base powers' be tied to 'base weapons' e.g. can a druid still use the powers that require Arcane staff when using the scimtar or others etc?)

Also how are promotions now looking in light of your greater emphasis on disciplines? e.g. that Druid passive basically seems like the 'Witch' passive node and will obviously not be useful for anyone that is not a druid...?

Edited by Tinnis

28 minutes ago, Helix said:

Everyone thing else sounds cool (where da fak is my assassasassin info). It's interesting that you can slot anything anywhere, I might of liked some more uniformity (ultimates only being slotable in the ultimate slot, but being able to change the key binding).

I feel it can be seen as a matter of gaining 1/3 of three disciplines to be a whole, or to take 1/2 of two disciplines to be a whole. Sometimes you may feel the 2 extra slots are unnecessary for the build you're going for, or at least not worth the discipline you lose. A fair trade for those who want to specialize in a broader category.