Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

No news?

dolmar

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

In the podcast last week they said it is not even on the in the plans yet.  Time is running short.  I would love to see a vision statement for the class...

1 hour ago, Nakawe said:

In the podcast last week they said it is not even on the in the plans yet.

The positive angle is that they want to implement some new mechanics for the Frostweaver and so they are delaying it until they can spend some engineering time on it. Their engineers are busy making other things work. They could put it out using existing mechanics but want to do better than that.

IhhQKY6.gif

28 minutes ago, Jah said:

The positive angle is that they want to implement some new mechanics for the Frostweaver and so they are delaying it until they can spend some engineering time on it. Their engineers are busy making other things work. They could put it out using existing mechanics but want to do better than that.

I just want some info, vision statement, what direction they are taking it, something, ANYTHING!!

Well, the high-elf is in 5.5, which is the archetype race of frostweavers. So i'd say it's a start. Also the assassin class is in - only it's archetype rac Fae isn't. Which is also a start.

Besides the fae race, only the stoneborn race is missing, and we already saw some models of them a while ago. Frostweaver is the last missing class. So it's pretty close i'd say. Off course once this is done they still need to put the class skeleton onto the various races/genders. But as they explained when they introduced the race/class split, using their animation system this wouldn't be a big problem and should be pretty fast. 

23 hours ago, Kraahk said:

Well, the high-elf is in 5.5, which is the archetype race of frostweavers. So i'd say it's a start. Also the assassin class is in - only it's archetype rac Fae isn't. Which is also a start.

Besides the fae race, only the stoneborn race is missing, and we already saw some models of them a while ago. Frostweaver is the last missing class. So it's pretty close i'd say. Off course once this is done they still need to put the class skeleton onto the various races/genders. But as they explained when they introduced the race/class split, using their animation system this wouldn't be a big problem and should be pretty fast. 

They said last week that it isn't even in the pipeline.  Used excuse waiting on new tech...

1 hour ago, Nakawe said:

They said last week that it isn't even in the pipeline.  Used excuse waiting on new tech...

*said it is in the design phase, but was waiting some engineering capacity in order to introduce some new tech elements - so it doesn't say end up as a copy and paste of existing mechanics (cough cleric couhg)

I'm hoping it will function like a mid range tank mage ala a Frost build Death Knight from WoW. The Champion is actually a great melee (now that it has some decent solo sustain) with some tackling ability, so, just doubling up on that doesn't add much depth.

With the Knight, you can do some push/pull on the battlefield with chain and charge. Pulling a healer in from the back line either a.)gets them blown up by your group, or b.)forces them to burn their retaliate and/or dodges to stay alive. Combine that with a healer spec or Banshee and you have some interesting options for influencing the battlefield.

The reason I brought up the Death Knight, while there are many such classes across MMOs, is that the Death Knight may have been the most fun. You had enough damage to make plays, and enough survivability that you weren't a paper tiger. Simple to play, but, once you mastered your debuffs and dots, you could bring a lot of teamfight to the group. That's not including all the fun aoe snares and soft cc you had.

Of course, not saying copy all that, just hoping the Frostweaver ends up having that same kind of fun. There's a lot of ways to do it, but, with the Ice/Frost theme, I'm hoping there's plenty of snare/freeze kind of mechanics. Would be really cool to be able to shatter foes ala Divinity 2. Might make a really cool execute mechanic.

But yeah, as we know nothing right now, and it's the only other potentially mid range/melee(?) option for the High Elves, I'm very curious what they do with it.

On 3/20/2018 at 9:13 PM, Zyrkus said:

I'm hoping it will function like a mid range tank mage ala a Frost build Death Knight from WoW. The Champion is actually a great melee (now that it has some decent solo sustain) with some tackling ability, so, just doubling up on that doesn't add much depth.

I am hoping it is a long range caster.  We lack a long range caster.  Last thing I want is another melee type character.   Some mid range skills are ok as long as they are magic based. 

Edited by Nakawe