Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Baldking

Experimentation Nerf

Anyone know why they nerfed the experimentation pot boost after so long? I'm just barely hitting my experimentation of a month ago now. Feels like my month of training was a waste. Like clearly they don't want me to craft. First they take my leather and now they make all my progress in my skills feel useless.

-edit- Success Chance has a Nerf from potions too. 70% on a weapon craft instead of 95%. For things they say they aren't tweaking because they're not important, they sure do tweak them a lot.

Edited by Baldking

They better. it's really quite annoying to have all the skill progress made feel wiped. 52 blacksmithing with pots? 70 runemaking? Bleh. Worse than with just pots and no skills before. This isn't even mentioned as a change in the patch notes either.

I know man, I am down to 34 blacksmithing experimentation, close to 80 with pot :(, 80% chance to craft a weapon. Been training blacksmithing for a while now too

Edited by Xorlarrin

No, you're not suppose to have extra pieces once the armor is assembled.

they have been generally tweaking stats - with unintended knock on effects e.g. people ending up with 7 max hp or unusable stamina

so either:

crafting stats no longer correctly inheriting everything they should be

or

they were previously inheriting too much and now at the level they should be

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

I think that ship has sailed, I have not been able to make a tool over 15 for harvesting :(

No, you're not suppose to have extra pieces once the armor is assembled.

5 hours ago, Baldking said:

Anyone know why they nerfed the experimentation pot boost after so long? I'm just barely hitting my experimentation of a month ago now. Feels like my month of training was a waste. Like clearly they don't want me to craft. First they take my leather and now they make all my progress in my skills feel useless.

-edit- Success Chance has a Nerf from potions too. 70% on a weapon craft instead of 95%. For things they say they aren't tweaking because they're not important, they sure do tweak them a lot.

Better now, when they can test the impact of not having pots in the game, than later when they simply don't exist.  

The more threads like yours that show up, the more notice they have that training is too slow and not fun in it's current format.

The issue is more in the fact that this month of training has been effectively wiped than the speed of training. Though i hope alchemists will be able to make crafting and harvesting potions later on similar to what we had. Like a good potion would be a +50 experiment boost but an amazing could get +75. I just really dislike the feeling of lost progress. I know we'll be wiped eventually but the more the stats stay the same the more data i can collect for whether this or that is better to do while crafting.  

Personally, I would like us come off harvesting and crafting potions entirely. The potions are giving us a false sense of progression and were meant to boost us to highly trained levels for testing. They are slowly weaning us off the potions, which is a good thing IMO. What I would like to see is the stats from training boosted a little bit.

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

Anyone else notice an increase in positive rolls?

I don't know if the the roll results were tweaked but out of 15 white metal bars crafted, i had quite the decent result.
This is with 52 experimentation from blacksmithing. Rolling 3 pips at once.
5 amazing
3 great
4 good
3 moderate.

When i did the 50 blue sigils, i had far more moderates and goods. Though that was at 82 rolling 5 pips at once. I'd make a bigger data sample but I'm nearly out of mats.

Also last week i was rolling roughly the same amount at the same pips and got nowhere near as many amazings.

3 minutes ago, Baldking said:

When i did the 50 blue sigils, i had far more moderates and goods. Though that was at 82 rolling 5 pips at once. I'd make a bigger data sample but I'm nearly out of mats.

I always felt like the Runecrafting grade pips always gave me a harder time than anything else.  Of course I didn't log it, completely anecdotal.

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

That could be or it's significantly harder to roll 5 vs 3 pips. Idk i was hoping other people could notice and increase or decrease in results they normally do. Rolling white bars is what i do when I'm lazy but want to craft. .

But i feel the results were better this weekend for the bars than normal. That said the higher components had pretty bad rolls. the ones at 25 or 50 difficulty.

I noticed a significant decrease in my positive results, and an increase in critical failures and failures. This was white runestone tools and sigils. Should've kept better track but I ran through about 200 earlier today (had nothing better to do) and saw a roughly 15% increase in failures and commensurate decrease in Greats and Amazings.

Because this is a test environment and not a game. They're going to continue changing things, wiping your progress etc. If lost progress in a pre-alpha bothers you, I recommend you step away from the game until we're at the soft launch.

Guild Leader of Seeds of War

I hope this doesn't turn out like many of the Korean games where RNG is absurd. To much RNG makes the game feel to much like work, theres nothing worse imo then spending hours farming only to have something fail. After AA and BDO I won't touch another Korean game with a 10 foot pole, to much RNG is just not fun and games are suppose to be fun.

On 4/10/2017 at 1:12 PM, Svenn said:

Because this is a test environment and not a game. They're going to continue changing things, wiping your progress etc. If lost progress in a pre-alpha bothers you, I recommend you step away from the game until we're at the soft launch.

What bothers me was that the change to the experimentation potion was unannounced in the patch notes.I believe that the increase from 10 to 12 minutes was noted so why not this. That's all. Besides getting a little conversation going about it. I dislike having stronger items that are significantly harder to craft to the same quality, I'm too practical to throw away something that is my top gear. I've been using increases in stats on crafts as progress as a crafter, with my skills lowered progress will feel nonexistent for a bit. Though hopefully this weekend i can test a big batch to see the changes.

4 hours ago, Baldking said:

What bothers me was that the change to the experimentation potion was unannounced in the patch notes.I believe that the increase from 10 to 12 minutes was noted so why not this. That's all. Besides getting a little conversation going about it. I dislike having stronger items that are significantly harder to craft to the same quality, I'm too practical to throw away something that is my top gear. I've been using increases in stats on crafts as progress as a crafter, with my skills lowered progress will feel nonexistent for a bit. Though hopefully this weekend i can test a big batch to see the changes.

There is the possibility that there was no change to the potion itself.  When they updated the stats this may have affected the bonus the potion gave as the relationship between child/parent stats have changed.  I think you stated it best "batch testing this weekend" for confirmation of changes.

i personally only give any weight to "the way things were/are" as a reference point for testing as changes will be ever present (whether informed or not) for the foreseeable future.  Logging the test results (per IHeartFargo) will help ensure that things are performing as intended.  I also have mixed feeling about the potions.  Yes they allow higher end/later game testing but are the devs seeing crafting from an entry level standpoint or will there be a whole new set of issues when potions are removed and they hit reset on the skills?

Edited by Mr. Kurtz
Correction