Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Gender Variants: Male Assassin and Druid

Pann

Agreed could be the perfect harvester for me! 

Don't forget, the one EK that no one will judge you for looting your guilds treasury is Anhrez's Doober Shack. Where you can take those long con gains and 'simplify' them to more easily fit in your inventory. While you are unloading your hard earned winnings, swing by the Bazaar and pick up something to celebrate your genius.

LR0tCJt.png

2 minutes ago, anhrezcf said:

Agreed could be the perfect harvester for me! 

Cmon anhrezcf! Everyone knows hamsters are the best harvesters :P

Edited by Xorlarrin

No, you're not suppose to have extra pieces once the armor is assembled.

7 minutes ago, blazzen said:

Assassin is the fastest archetype. Hmmm. I am intrigued.

This is exactly what a stealth class needs..... to be faster than everyone.... GG.  Though I wonder if they are referring to attack speed rather than run speed.  Attack speed i would understand.. run speed... i would not :P  Full disclosure, I hate stealth classes, always have.

I will start with my nerf cries now..... :D NERF! 

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

Curious to see how the male druid character creation is, because I'm not a big fan of the art for the character himself here. However, the armor is very cool looking!

Assassin is cool, as expected. I really like that second armor set.

Any hints as to when we can expect to see the Assassin actually make it in game? ;)

Guild Leader of Seeds of War

3 minutes ago, Svenn said:

Curious to see how the male druid character creation is, because I'm not a big fan of the art for the character himself here. However, the armor is very cool looking!

Assassin is cool, as expected. I really like that second armor set.

Any hints as to when we can expect to see the Assassin actually make it in game? ;)

I wouldn't worry about the look of the character under the armor. Concept artists usually just make quick sketches to overlay the armor on. These were specifically armor comps. I will be concepting the look and feel of each race.

Dave Greco

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc. 

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

[Rules of Conduct] [Personal Portfolio]

2 minutes ago, davegreco said:

I wouldn't worry about the look of the character under the armor. Concept artists usually just make quick sketches to overlay the armor on. These were specifically armor comps. I will be concepting the look and feel of each race.

Yeah, I wasn't sure if that mattered at all, especially since we'll be able to customize. Thanks!

Adding the gender variants is nice progress toward a releasable game, which is good.  As a tester, though, I would prefer to see additions that make the testing experience better come before the fluff.  So I'd rather see the artwork and models for new ATs rather than variants of existing ones, or for caravans and pack animals, etc.  Get all the bits required for a full playing experience in first, and add the fluff later.  Yes, I know the gender variant stuff may have been outsourced and that work on this may not have impacted work on new ATs and caravans and pack animals, etc.  But those artists could have been tasked with new stuff rather than variant stuff.

We've had a couple of pretty horrible playtest weekends in a row, with progress going backwards (CPU usage at 100% for 3 weeks now, the stat pool debacle resulting in no PvP this weekend, etc).  This is all to be expected in a pre-alpha, and it serves to remind us that this still is a pre-alpha (even if it feels farther along at times).  So we're really looking forward to the addition of something that brings the game closer to a fully playable state - it just feels weird to see fluff being added when there are so many critical elements still pending.

2 minutes ago, durenthal said:

Adding the gender variants is nice progress toward a releasable game, which is good.  As a tester, though, I would prefer to see additions that make the testing experience better come before the fluff.  So I'd rather see the artwork and models for new ATs rather than variants of existing ones, or for caravans and pack animals, etc.  Get all the bits required for a full playing experience in first, and add the fluff later.  Yes, I know the gender variant stuff may have been outsourced and that work on this may not have impacted work on new ATs and caravans and pack animals, etc.  But those artists could have been tasked with new stuff rather than variant stuff.

We've had a couple of pretty horrible playtest weekends in a row, with progress going backwards (CPU usage at 100% for 3 weeks now, the stat pool debacle resulting in no PvP this weekend, etc).  This is all to be expected in a pre-alpha, and it serves to remind us that this still is a pre-alpha (even if it feels farther along at times).  So we're really looking forward to the addition of something that brings the game closer to a fully playable state - it just feels weird to see fluff being added when there are so many critical elements still pending.

This is all just concept art, not 3d models. The concepts for all the base Archetypes have already been shown off (I think? haven't been keeping super close tabs myself). The concept artists need to be ahead of the actual modelers/animators so that when they get around to doing something. Expect the remaining Archetypes in before gender variants.

They even said as much themselves. 

We have nearly made it through the concept phase of all of the races and the designs of the equipment for each gender. At this point, you’ve had a chance to see almost all of the core archetypes in previous playtests. Now that we are coming up on the remaining few, expect to start seeing these gender variants come online as well!

Yeah this is just stuff from the concept oven.. and takes zero resources away from the rest of the team working super hard on the game itself.

Dave Greco

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

[Rules of Conduct] [Personal Portfolio]

The Assassin is our fastest archetype.

I once was a horse.
Swift in speed and full of force.
Now just a heal source.

seriously though - legio now no longer has a base movement speed increase [intentional or bug?] and sprinting is dead now...

I'm too attached to druid's...assets. Female druid forever! :P

I also personally find the female assassin's fae qualities more interesting than the male more Assassins Creed vibe!

Edited by Tinnis

1 hour ago, durenthal said:

That's not how games of any scale are made. There are always multiple features being worked on at the same time and not all features are equivalent costs or built by the same people. Some features are so big or need to be outsourced and need tons of lead time. Bentley for example started on the Ektool and building placement last summer. It took almost a year to get those systems built. If we had waited until this summer to start that effort, EK's wouldn't have happened. Basically you need to have a strategic plan for long term and a tactical plan for the emergencies.

It is certainly a challenge maintaining the Live environment at the same time as implementing new features because some weeks we have to break things, or inadvertently break things. This is going to continue to happen. For example: I needed a way a make a rectangle DM have a non uniform size for one of the Banshee powers (So I could make it wide and not high). Engineering implemented this for me by making all DM's a vector3 instead of a vector2. Unfortunately we didn't go and update the powers data for every single rectangle and raycast in the game. Which sadly used that new field (which had defaulted to 0) for length of the ray or rectangle. This meant the DM would gather all targets within 0m. This is why many powers were broken last weekend but not all of them. If all powers had been broken we would have caught it in internal testing.

While it sucks to have a few bad playtests, have faith we will get those issues ironed out as we can while also pushing towards the larger strategic goals.

Thomas Blair
Follow us on Twitter 
@CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

looks good. AT customisation is not the main, but significant part of the game (all moba games was grow in customisation)

still the main question is "when"

we had had news about genders and ART models 5-6 month ago or so. since there is no gender and AT keep female production (thx god myrmidon not female)

I like often news, but if I can chose between news every day with water and better more concrete news 1 time to week - I vote for second variant.

why again negative? coz this is real life. ppl are joking on our game portals about each news which are real water, comes every days and bring repeateable or not implemented info

more animation, skins and AT = less performance, bigger client, more traffic, huge lagspikes => bigger amazon prices.

I can undestand what drawing and 3d modelling isnt coding and it can be in parallele with core development (which isnt a problem since core = engine = unity??). still "when"

Edited by makkon

crowfall pvp makkonMyrmidon statement: rangefall

Discord makkon#8550