Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Gender Variants: Male Assassin and Druid

Character customization is clearly most important things for games, gameplay and such are just for noobs. As long as character creation gives me everything i want all is good

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

I'll try and squeeze a base m/s display for each archetype in the new character sheet that is being worked on. Just for all your edification, the base for all archetypes is 6 m/s with the following exceptions: Legionnaire - 7 , Myrmidon 6.5, Champion 5.5. 

Thomas Blair
ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.
Follow us on Twitter 
@CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

12 hours ago, Redbeard_14 said:

"Character customization is crucial for players to create an identity that they can connect with in-game. It’s been very important to us here on the Crowfall® team to give you all a sense of choice when creating yours."

This is what worries me about the vessel system, that it will be hard to connect to a character that i just fly in and out of, `or that I could possibly lose completely if i'm going into a certain relm. 

Valid concern, but based on what we do know so far I don't think vessels will be as temporary or transient as we might think. In the last live stream they talked about how the Vessel as a whole won't likely to be something that you can just lose in one death, as you can't loot it as a whole. Decay and durability will be things but that'll take time and you'll be able to plan ahead to replace it.

It'll be different yeah and take some getting used to, but in time I don't think it'll be that much different than past games as far connecting to our characters.  

Edited by pang

@Tinnis Our testing reached the same conclusion as yours.  Horses are not moving any faster than 2 leggers (or the difference is so small that we can't detect a noticeable difference over a 100m course.)

Doesn't mean it's not supposed to be different once we're out of alpha and systems aren't being purposefully broken on a regular basis.

Edited by angelmar

2 hours ago, thomasblair said:

I'll try and squeeze a base m/s display for each archetype in the new character sheet that is being worked on. Just for all your edification, the base for all archetypes is 6 m/s with the following exceptions: Legionnaire - 7 , Myrmidon 6.5, Champion 5.5. 

But there is a bug with run speeds currently being the same between ATs, right? I mean, if you watch that video, while it's hard to tell because of the slight perspective shifts and they don't start at exactly the same time, it's still pretty clear that they're covering the same amount of ground at the same speed. I mean, if you just look at the very end, they clearly are at the same place at the same time, despite covering the same distance at what should be different speeds.

Had a footrace in our groundplane. Both of us started at the far white marker, out of combat, with trailblazer active. When I hit the finish line we both took our hands off of input.  Here are the results:

footrace.png

Now this doesn't mean something isn't going awry in the Live servers, and or during the course of gameplay via changing vessels, dying, skill increases, equipment changes could cause problems. But at a baseline levels the base movement speed appears to be working.

Thomas Blair
ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.
Follow us on Twitter 
@CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Can we expect to see differences between male/female archetypes? Powers, Promotions, etc . If anything keep the effects the same but try to change how they feel.

I also would like to admit that i liked the rogue-feel of the male assassin. I hope all archetypes can have common looking gear. I mean, i would pick that assassins's creed like hood over that weird animals helmets you guys gave Rangers anytime.

Edited by BarriaKarl
Spelling

3 minutes ago, BarriaKarl said:

Can we expect to see differences between male/female archetypes? Powers, Promotions, etc . If anything keep the effects the same but try to change how they feel.

Expect different animations, but I would doubt different powers or promotions. 

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

1 hour ago, thomasblair said:

Had a footrace in our groundplane. Both of us started at the far white marker, out of combat, with trailblazer active. When I hit the finish line we both took our hands off of input.  Here are the results:

footrace.png

Now this doesn't mean something isn't going awry in the Live servers, and or during the course of gameplay via changing vessels, dying, skill increases, equipment changes could cause problems. But at a baseline levels the base movement speed appears to be working.

That is some responsive customer service, right there... You rock. 

23 hours ago, armegeddon said:

Still better than a gerbil with a pistol and rapier....

You had to mention a gerbil with a pistol and rapier...   Now someone at ArtCraft will draw Richard Gere as the male Templar...   See what you've done

Fabio --->  Tom Cruise  --->  Richard Gere   it will only get worse from here

Edited by corvax

44 minutes ago, corvax said:

You had to mention a gerbil with a pistol and rapier...   Now someone at ArtCraft will draw Richard Gere as the male Templar...   See what you've done

Fabio --->  Tom Cruise  --->  Richard Gere   it will only get worse from here

Not gonna lie, I got quite the chuckle out of this. It would still be better than a cute rat with a funny hat and a flintlock. It makes me cringe. I will never play one.... guaranteed.

I never liked that AT though. It's like...High Fantasy or not, what does not "fit" here? Might as well have the Kool-Aid man as a demolition expert to bust through castle walls... same difference.... "Ooooh Yeaaaaah!". I never understood Cute/Kitsch as a marketing ploy. At least the obnoxious Panda (as bad as that was) had cultural significance to a large gaming player base. "Grobold/Goblin would have been a much better choice. But I'm not the pro here. 

Nope... can't make me like it

Edited by armegeddon

3 hours ago, thomasblair said:

footrace.png

Errrrrrrr!

On 4/11/2017 at 4:45 PM, corvax said:

Who drew that male druid? Somebody drew Fabio... I don't want to play Fabio. If you insist on releasing the game with Fabio, you will need to make a druid skill called Bird Strike.

Please don't release the game with Fabio, also your assassin is too pretty as well, looks like Tom Cruise... I don't want to play Tom Cruise. Please put some ugly on your assassin

OkThanksBye

Dave, There's still time to make the male Druid a satyr.

5 hours ago, BarriaKarl said:

I also would like to admit that i liked the rogue-feel of the male assassin. I hope all archetypes can have common looking gear. I mean, i would pick that assassins's creed like hood over that weird animals helmets you guys gave Rangers anytime.

I think the male Assassin got his wings back. And the church bell ringing I just heard confirms this.

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

10 hours ago, pang said:

Valid concern, but based on what we do know so far I don't think vessels will be as temporary or transient as we might think. In the last live stream they talked about how the Vessel as a whole won't likely to be something that you can just lose in one death, as you can't loot it as a whole. Decay and durability will be things but that'll take time and you'll be able to plan ahead to replace it.

It'll be different yeah and take some getting used to, but in time I don't think it'll be that much different than past games as far connecting to our characters.  

I agree that we wont know until we try it and it might just be a preference issue.  Think about a class system in which you can spec into three different classes skills and skill trees and combine these to make 1 unique character with a unique set of skills and abilities rather than have 3 separate "vessels" that I can swap back and forth to, and level independently.  This would create over 100 combinations of individual class combinations rather than there being 12 classes in which you only get 3 to switch back and forth to.  These choices would further increase a players connection to its character and reduce the frustration and would could be deal breaking system in which you have to swap back and forth between three Alternate characters and having to maintain or replace each one of these characters on a rare or maybe even frequent occurance   

27 minutes ago, Redbeard_14 said:

I sense a little sarcasm....^_^

Only a bit, otherwise sincerity.  I personally don't get attached to the appearance of the character or necessarily the individual feature(s) but the spirit of the class itself.  There is some merit to your concerns and I would follow suit had I not played Shadowbane and seen firsthand how much a Discipline can individualize a character.

On 4/11/2017 at 5:44 PM, thomasblair said:

Assassin attack animations are the fastest (quick low damage hits).

Champion attack animations are the slowest (slow big damage hits).

Legionnaire has the fastest base movement speed (7mps vs most others 6 mps).

that clarifies it quite a bit. This difference is not not as exciting as unique abilities or different base move speed as it doesn't affect game play to the same degree but it is still nice to know for someone out there I'm sure . Thanks for the reply.

Edited by Holyvigil