Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Anhrez

Does anyone have Durability versus (harvest skill) broken down?

So as we all look to gather more with less, I wonder if anyone has done the full deep dive into Durability versus +(harvest skill) yet? 

Is it better to have +47 mining on a tool with 237 durability versus a +30 on tool with 265 durability? 

If the +(harvest skill) is not a gate to get better materials, which we know it is not, then all we gain is faster damage to the node but at what cost?  If tools can be repaired and we see a degrading of the tools durability base as the outcome is having a +30 tool for one more repair worth the loss of +17 damage to the node over the life cycle of the tool?

When we launch with no one having magical pots and 10 plus pips in Runecrafting will it be a better plan to spend what we can to have to make tools less often and look to make the crazy high grade tools for our Gem/Mineral/etc harvesters? 

I guess I need to spend some time on pips and durability instead of pushing the +(harvest) to try and get a feel, but would love the hear some of the other theory-crafters thoughts also.

Don't forget, the one EK that no one will judge you for looting your guilds treasury is Anhrez's Doober Shack. Where you can take those long con gains and 'simplify' them to more easily fit in your inventory. While you are unloading your hard earned winnings, swing by the Bazaar and pick up something to celebrate your genius.

LR0tCJt.png

Since durability from subcombines is acknowledged as broken, no I don't think folks have tested it much. 

And if launch is truly wiped and vanilla then every single advantage will have to be used until skill can overcome the absolute drudgery that the game will be for gatherers.

I fully expect that for gatherers 75% quit rate will happen if not higher. Because unpotted, unskilled gathering in Crowfall is just simply anti-fun.

11 minutes ago, srathor said:

I fully expect that for gatherers 75% quit rate will happen if not higher. Because unpotted, unskilled gathering in Crowfall is just simply anti-fun.

This is where my Refiner suggestion shines! I think.. :D

I would have tier 1 slag / cobblestone / knotwood give up to green or blue and only be usable in basic crafting due to the crap quality.

No, you're not suppose to have extra pieces once the armor is assembled.

58 minutes ago, anhrezcf said:

So as we all look to gather more with less, I wonder if anyone has done the full deep dive into Durability versus +(harvest skill) yet? 

Is it better to have +47 mining on a tool with 237 durability versus a +30 on tool with 265 durability? 

If the +(harvest skill) is not a gate to get better materials, which we know it is not, then all we gain is faster damage to the node but at what cost?  If tools can be repaired and we see a degrading of the tools durability base as the outcome is having a +30 tool for one more repair worth the loss of +17 damage to the node over the life cycle of the tool?

When we launch with no one having magical pots and 10 plus pips in Runecrafting will it be a better plan to spend what we can to have to make tools less often and look to make the crazy high grade tools for our Gem/Mineral/etc harvesters? 

I guess I need to spend some time on pips and durability instead of pushing the +(harvest) to try and get a feel, but would love the hear some of the other theory-crafters thoughts also.

In addition to srathor's opinion on the matter, you also need to consider the time opportunity if you want to get to ideal.

In a world with bootstrapping BP's and mass production, harvest tools are going to be relatively cheap crank out quality and in bulk rather easily, and not be the painstaking time sucking drudgery they are now.

With thralls doing the heavy time work on the production time, the harvester time in the field, or even more specifically, time on the nodes, is going to be more important than it is now.  If +47 mining gets you through nodes faster, it has more value than simply taking less hits and durability damage along the way, it also allows you to be more productive.