Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jtoddcoleman

02/03/15 - Day 2 - Hunger Week Rages On!

Todd  - Looks like your team is allot further along with development than originally thought. The news being released looks promising and I can't wait to start hashing some of this stuff out during test!

Question - The 'flying' creature seen in some of the teaser artwork is pretty consistent. Will we see some elements of a 'Aracoix' in Crowfall? 

Just don't add SkyDancer to the game...

Question - The 'flying' creature seen in some of the teaser artwork is pretty consistent. Will we see some elements of a 'Aracoix' in Crowfall? 

You can actually make out that same beast in the background in one of the shots.

rSHxVEY.gif

I spread this to my home gaming forum and everyone has one point of universal praise.

The Art.

Guys, you nailed it. Its "cartoony" enough to age and perform well, but god damm. Its perfect. When you guys get some more capital, pay your artists more. He/They managed to CRUSH an entire Art department at Sony Online Entertainment. Pun unintended. If Everquest Next is Disney, Crow Fall is like you made a cartoon shoot up 40cc's of Dark Souls.

heroin.jpg

To quote a pal from said forum

"Where is her bikini armor? And why arent the shoulder pads the most obnoxiously large things in existence?"

Speaking of SoE, I hope someone mentioned it around the office at the start of the reveal and they dismissed it and are growing increasingly worried with each update.

As of yesterday SOE became Daybreak Game Company.  SOE was acquired by Columbus Nova, an investment management firm well known for its success with its existing portfolio of technology, media and entertainment focused companies.  http://www.reddit.com/r/h1z1/comments/2ujaaj/sony_online_entertainment_becomes_daybreak_game/

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

This game's looking great. In my experience MMOs are either innovative or good looking, not both.

Also, that's how I like to see a broadsword wielded. Hopefully she uses a lot of momentum to switch between sword stances and attacks.

Edited by Django

Anyone else notice that the role symbol for the Templar says Tank, and has this symbol: 

RoleIcon_Lrg_Tank_Dodge.png

while the Knight has a different symbol (and possibly role) in this image?

Crowfall_CharacterCreate_preview.jpg

Interesting to think of what the different role might be. Although it may just have been changed for Tank, and the Knight image is obsolete.

I figured the Knight was melee dps when I saw this shot of him facing off with the Champion (an obvious tank), but the Legionnaire has that role. Now I guess he's a Medium tank and the Champion is a heavy tank.

Crowfall_ChampionBattle.jpg

That would make our floppy-eared Frostweaver a physical ranged dps.

Crowfall_CharacterCreate_runes.jpg

There should be magical ranged dps as well?

Edited by chancellor

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

Look there is going to be pointless PVE alongside the meaningless arena PvP!

You sure post a lot for disliking the game so much.  The game is still very very new to development and could potentially change based on feedback and suggestions.  You might get better results by giving constructive criticism instead of posts like this.  I'm sure the developers would even encourage it.

First of all, thank you for the screenshots. Everything looks so amazing.

And second, PvE! I legitamately said goodbye to that idea, once you guys turned it down. But turns out, it's still going to be there! And I am so excited!

YES!
Loving the look of this way more now, the new concept pieces definitely sell it.
Thank you for posting the male and female versions as well. The continuing complaints we're way past annoying I'm sure.

- Let me do it.

All of my fears and nightmares are rooted in this guy.

It's a tie between him and the Skeksis for me. Children's movies in the 80's were terrifying.

skeksi16.jpg

Legend, Labyrinth, The Dark Crystal, Return To Oz, Willy Wonka, The Secret of Nimh etc. WTF were our parents thinking?

Edit: Sorry for going off topic. 

To be on topic: Awesome!

Edited by cools

I figured the Knight was melee dps when I saw this shot of him facing off with the Champion (an obvious tank).

Crowfall_ChampionBattle.jpg

Maybe there's a magic and arc

It may be possible for an archetype to change its "role" through promotion classes and discipline runes. A knight very well could end up being melee dps if built accordingly..

Edited by soulein

Shadowbane - House Avari/Hy'shen
"Gimp elves get good elves killed." - Belina

Avari Discord - https://discord.gg/Bch24PV

It's a tie between him and the Skeksis for me. Children's movies in the 80's were terrifying.

skeksi16.jpg

Legend, Labyrinth, The Dark Crystal, Return To Oz, Willy Wonka, The Secret of Nimh etc. WTF were our parents thinking?

Edit: Sorry for going off topic. 

To be on topic: Awesome!

They were thinking they wanted their kids to grow up with balls.

And, on topic, graveyards.

I hypothesized a while back in another reveal that Temples (which were mentioned in the FAQ) would be your respawn point, not the graveyard. I thought graveyards would be Thrall resource fields. But was confused that they didn't include them with the other 3 resource factories. Still don't know enough.

I'm in this for the Experience, not the XP.

It may be possible for an archetype to change its "role" through promotion classes and discipline runes. A knight very well could end up being melee dps.

Yes, this is more than likely. They base a starting role, but you will be able to spec however you desire. 

COME FOR ME GMORK!

Hello

So we have immortals, player hierarchies, and an ever-changing universe thanks to a hunger that comes and goes.  But at the same time, the Templar narrative shows a Templar unaware of the cyclical nature of the hunger (and, thus, that "campaigns" constantly happen where the hunger comes and goes).  She's fighting for her dying world, futile as that may be.  

Thus in terms of storyline and game mechanics, if the Templar is supposed to have "knowledge" of this cycle, they don't. The lack of knowledge of persistence means:  

1. New Player
  2. Existing Player but new "avatar" on that world, where the "dream" is her time in the Eternal Kingdoms.

Otherwise, the Templar would be aware of the danger the hunger entails and how it "naturally" occurs on every world and the universe morphs.  So from a game perspective, I'm not sure if this means your toon is "brand new" in certain/all campaigns as if a divine avatar is created on a world or what.  Maybe it's it's the role-playing aspect and nothing more.  

But it does make me think this switching between worlds and campaigns may not be as easy (or intentionally allowed) as GW2's WvWvW type switching.  She's fighting through the hunger, intent on stopping it.  I doubt we'll see any narrative about transition between the Dreg and the Infected.  Hmmmm...... 

I actually interpret her narrative as explaining how she first started, and how she's now transitioned into role as an immortal. She doesn't call out the immortal bit definitively, but at the end:

Even as my world crumbled, I did my best to fight the Hunger.

I fight it, still. For my mother, for my father and for the World that I once loved.

She states her world crumbled (due to the Hunger they were fighting, one sign of which was the zombies showing up, including her mother). And now she fights it still. How? As an immortal, going to worlds where the hunger has just started to show up and trying to stop it, or slow it down. The very last phrase indicates by this point, her world is now gone.

Of course, it doesn't explain how she became an immortal, but I think this story shows her past training on her now dead world rather than how she continues to fight.

02/03/15 - Day 2 - Hunger Week Rages On! 
Feb3BannerA_2.jpg

Good morning!

Hunger week continues. In light of yesterday's announcement, some of these items will have a LOT more context:

First up, we've got the Templar archetype page. This one is interesting because it shows a few elements that you haven't seen before: 
  • Most notably, a screenshot showing combat against some monsters (we said no raids, guys -- OF COURSE there will be PvE!), 
  • a first look at what a Hunger-infected creature look like in-game, 
  • a bit of narrative about how the Hunger is viewed by the Immortals,
  • a side-by-side concept of the Templar in both genders.
Additionally, just to illustrate the point, we're dropping you a lineup of that same undead warrior as he looks through the course of a Campaign: spring, summer, fall, and winter.

Crowfall_ZombieLineupConcept.jpg

And another screenshot of a Templar in combat!  

Crowfall_T1Gameplay.jpg

That's it for today!  

Todd
ACE

Now that looks next gen!!!!!!!!