Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Justabackpack

Down state/ perform gank

Recommended Posts

I watched PvP vids and how people just instantly die. I know we don't have any fire hose healers. Would be nice to be able to revive someone in your group if turns out they win the overall fights.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please god. Do not implement anything remotely close to the downed state from Guild Wars 2. That mechanic ruined PvP for me in that game. How stupid is it that you have more health on your back than you do standing up lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Make 10 man groups. Choose a balance between DPS and Healing power, it will reward those groups that have the discipline to focus damage on target, focus support/heals where needed as well as those that have the skill/awareness to move when targeted. To me the biggest problem is not the amount of healing, it's the hard limit to group support given 5 man limit. Five man groups are not a good spread. Just my opinion of course.

Edited by armegeddon

.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea but if one of your healers go down let's say. You wouldn't want a. Opportunity to fight for the body and push another group back to get a revive off? Wouldn't be so bad since most classes have a cc. In taking about 10 secs to revive someone. More than enough to get a cc to cancel it. Similar to darkfall gank system which wasn't one sided at all. Player goes down. Fight over body. Get revive off or die trying. The other team could docus aoe. So it goes both ways.Down state would include you absolutely need a teammate to revive you. You can not revive on your own like gw2.

 

Edit: Killing the person who killed you does not instantly revive the person. You must simple channel the ability. You must channel the Gank as well.

Edited by Justabackpack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing I most like about having a "downed state" is that it gives players the power to defeat someone but choose not to slay them. That is a nice option in an RPG. I'd like to be able to mug people, loot them if they have something I want, but not necessarily kill them.

I wouldn't want to make it difficult to finish people off, which sounds like it was the problem in some games with a downed state.


IhhQKY6.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Jah said:

 

I wouldn't want to make it difficult to finish people off, which sounds like it was the problem in some games with a downed state.

How darkfall worked it wasn't hard to finish someone off but it was hard to revive someone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Downed State has the possibility to severely nerf groups useful by small groups against large groups, and Death is not always a slow thing.

So, rather than just have a universal Downed State, I believe it more applicable to the game's goals to have two things: The Veteran [Discipline] and Death Resist [Stat].

 

Veteran is a Disciplined focused around surviving battle-to-battle. Dying out of Downed State will immediately put the Veteran into Downed State instead.

 

Death Resist is the chance, upon reaching 0% Health, that a person might enter Downed State instead of dying. This chance works from Downed State as well [such that one in Downed State can simply regain the little health instead of dying].

 

I'd like Downed State to halve movement and attack speed while leaving 5% of the total of the player's Health.

 

Thus, while some can survive just upon chance, an assault will not totally fail to deliver casualties unless it fail entirely to kill a decent amount in the first place, or cannot finish those which happen to enter Downed State. It provides, however, the possibility for one to survive or land a final blow, or spare an enemy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dondagora said:

Downed State has the possibility to severely nerf groups useful by small groups against large groups, and Death is not always a slow thing.

So, rather than just have a universal Downed State, I believe it more applicable to the game's goals to have two things: The Veteran [Discipline] and Death Resist [Stat].

 

Veteran is a Disciplined focused around surviving battle-to-battle. Dying out of Downed State will immediately put the Veteran into Downed State instead.

 

Death Resist is the chance, upon reaching 0% Health, that a person might enter Downed State instead of dying. This chance works from Downed State as well [such that one in Downed State can simply regain the little health instead of dying].

 

I'd like Downed State to halve movement and attack speed while leaving 5% of the total of the player's Health.

 

Thus, while some can survive just upon chance, an assault will not totally fail to deliver casualties unless it fail entirely to kill a decent amount in the first place, or cannot finish those which happen to enter Downed State. It provides, however, the possibility for one to survive or land a final blow, or spare an enemy.

Hmmm  a crawl animated downed state would look cool... the wounded in a state of distress laying about.  Killing blow should be a simple coup de gras move like in Albion.   It is a good mechanic in fact...   a revive needs to be a class/discipline specific skill that takes a long time channel.   More like 30-40 seconds, maybe even a full minute, so that revivals during a fight are very difficult.   It does give more advantage to the larger force generally but it also puts a nice natural gateway on what could be the full loot mechanic (the equipment and vessel loot).   You can loot a downed opponent of his inventory only, it takes a coup de gras move to take his gear and maybe vessel.

This is a great suggestion for a post launch update feature imo...

Edited by Frykka

6FUI4Mk.jpg

                                                        Sugoi - Senpai

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Justabackpack said:

I watched PvP vids and how people just instantly die. I know we don't have any fire hose healers. Would be nice to be able to revive someone in your group if turns out they win the overall fights.

Seems they already have a plan in place.

https://crowfall.com/en/news/shuffle-off-this-mortal-coil-death-respawning-and-you/

Death

Death happens in Crowfall fairly often. If you have played other MMOs, the baseline sequence of events is pretty straight-forward:

  • Immediately upon death, the spirit crow will disconnect from the vessel and float above it. This allows you the chance to observe the area from the corpse’s perspective for a brief period of time.
  • During that time, other players will have a chance to resurrect you and bring this avatar back to life.
  • At the end of the time – or any time prior, if the player elects to click the “Release” button – the spirit crow can be untethered from this vessel and will be automatically summoned to the nearest temple.

 (The timer was deemed necessary because while we want players to have a chance at resurrection by their allies, we don’t want anyone to use the tethered spirit crow as an invulnerable “spy” watching enemy activities.)

Beyond resurrection, this “tethered” period is also helpful because players sometimes like to see how a fight end(s) for the rest of the party or group even if they have already been removed from the action.

During this time, the opposing team can loot the corpse. The degree to which they can be looted, of course, will vary based on the campaign rules for that particular campaign. (Some worlds allow full looting, some are more limited).

The victors should perform any looting quickly because when the dead player summons that corpse to a temple, the opportunity to loot will be lost.

----

Personally don't see a need/point for having to do extra steps to finish someone off. If HP reach zero, they are dead, the end. Floating around as a spirit to be rezed is fine, but the attacker shouldn't have to make sure they really really killed someone. Hoping "resurrect" ends up being a baseline mechanic, such as GW2 or whichever game and or Discipline based requiring a team to plan individual and group comps. Really don't want it AT based at all. Wouldn't mind the individual(s) performing the rez to go into some form of "exposed" state in which an attacker can get in some heavy hits. Should come with some risk vs reward for such an action.

Edited by APE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also note in this topic...  look at the final T8 node in the Leadership skills tree and read it's description.  This will probably change as the machanics are not even coded yet.   It would tie into a down state skill though as the only self rez mechanic...  It would take over 9 months of general training currently to get this skill.

IfgsT8C.png

 

Edited by Frykka

6FUI4Mk.jpg

                                                        Sugoi - Senpai

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like Crowfall would benefit from a downstate similar to Albion Online or Darkfall. Look its full loot pvp and you can lose even your vessel or receive a bunch of damage to it, i think it makes sense for Crowfall to have this mechanic.  Hard to revive easy to finish.

Also leadership tree is super strong in general.

Edited by krevra

krevra.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, krevra said:

I feel like Crowfall would benefit from a downstate similar to Albion Online or Darkfall. Look its full loot pvp and you can lose even your vessel or receive a bunch of damage to it, i think it makes sense for Crowfall to have this mechanic.  Hard to revive easy to finish.

Also leadership tree is super strong in general.

I don't know if you played darkfall or not but who ever has can tell anyone. It wasn't that bad of a mechanic. It was way better than gw2. You couldn't do anything while down. Also it gives you the option to gank or give someone mercy. I killed plenty of n00bs for laughs but I would revive them after and tell them to be more careful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...