Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Keep away - Official discussion thread

Too little info.

• Can we damage a building that is being built to reduce the resources that count towards it's state?
  • Will caravans be in for this first 3-faction test CW to move resources from POIs to buildings?
  • Will Spirit banks be restricted so that people can't grab resources, hide them away, move to the building site and unload them?
  • Once built, can a building be destroyed in this CW, or is the win condition simply a resource race?
  • Is there actually a win condition?

How about Caravans?

Are ruins only restored in fixed pre-set layouts?

Or do those that bring in required resources get to choose some element of placement and design?

Do the 12 god, guild or free for all worlds have more free form build-any-where custom design approach?

Do you plan on having 'wild' castles, citadels and palaces to claim - or just forts and keeps? :)

Tactical battlemap preview!

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

19 minutes ago, Svenn said:

So in 3 faction worlds, you can't just build anywhere? You can only repair these pre-built ruins?

Is this specifically for God's Reach? We will be able to actually build anywhere in the ffa/gvg campaigns, right?

I'm sure ACE said elsewhere that dregs will use a building placement system similar to the EKs. I'll try to find the quote for you.

They have to limit it more strictly in the RvR realms, or someone could troll your faction by e.g. walling in your temples or the entrance to the keep you just built. Then you'd have no recourse since they and their buildings would be locked in as friendly. In dregs it's no problem, you just boot the troll from your guild and destroy his stuff.

Edited by Avloren

7 minutes ago, Tinnis said:

Are ruins only restored in fixed pre-set layouts?

Or do those that bring in required resources get to choose some element of placement and design?

One interesting consideration with a faction-based ruleset is that factions are inherently leaderless, meaning that no one controls who can or can’t join the faction. For this reason, the rules that govern how you build keeps and forts have to be streamlined to make sure that the game experience remains playable even without anyone leading each of the factions.

That means that strongholds will use a capture-and-rebuild mechanic. In these worlds, players will fight over the ruins of existing castles and will need to collect resources from neighboring “points of interest" (POIs), specifically mines, mills and quarries, to rebuild the defensive structures in those strongholds. These POIs will be heavily disputed, so be prepared to fight to gain (and maintain) control of them.

The castles will be pre-desgined and we just dump resources in them to build them up.  It makes sense for the faction CWs IMO.  They have said that we will likely get free building in the Dregs.

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

1 minute ago, destrin said:

The castles will be pre-desgined and we just dump resources in them to build them up.  It makes sense for the faction CWs IMO.  They have said that we will likely get free building in the Dregs.

I'm curious about the "Claim" mechanics.  

Are these "hungry spawners" already assigned a faction, or do we have to run around and claim them?

4 minutes ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

I'm curious about the "Claim" mechanics.  

Are these "hungry spawners" already assigned a faction, or do we have to run around and claim them?

Good question.  Maybe it's the first faction to dump resources in to a wall? or maybe we have to craft something and place it inside the walls first?

Edited by destrin

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

9 minutes ago, Avloren said:

I'm sure ACE said elsewhere that dregs will use a building placement system similar to the EKs. I'll try to find the quote for you.

They have to limit it more strictly in the RvR realms, or someone could troll your faction by e.g. walling in your temples or the entrance to the keep you just built. Then you'd have no recourse since they and their buildings would be locked in as friendly. In dregs it's no problem, you just boot the troll from your guild and destroy his stuff.

That's the impression I got from the article, I just wanted to confirm. I'd be disappointed if in the dregs/gvg stuff you couldn't build your own castles and stuff.

Guild Leader of Seeds of War

2 minutes ago, Svenn said:

That's the impression I got from the article, I just wanted to confirm. I'd be disappointed if in the dregs/gvg stuff you couldn't build your own castles and stuff.

And evidently the dev track has changed to only go back 3 pages (~20ish quotes), so I will not be finding that quote. Well, I could ask you to take my word for it, but I wouldn't mind getting renewed confirmation either.

Edited by Avloren

Just now, Avloren said:

And evidently the dev track has changed to only goes back 3 pages (~20ish quotes), so I will not be finding that quote. Well, I could ask you to take my word for it, but I wouldn't mind getting renewed confirmation either.

It's okay, I feel like I remember mention of it in the past but I wasn't sure if it was just my wishful thinking or something they actually said.

I'm not really expecting a confirmation since that isn't their focus now, but it would be nice. ;)

Guild Leader of Seeds of War

10 minutes ago, Avloren said:

And evidently the dev track has changed to only go back 3 pages (~20ish quotes), so I will not be finding that quote. Well, I could ask you to take my word for it, but I wouldn't mind getting renewed confirmation either.

I am pretty sure it was in one of the Q&A videos or live streams or something.  Though i do remember them touching on the fact that we would "probably" have free building in the dregs and be limited to how big we can build with the token system.

YouTube Channel

28 minutes ago, destrin said:

A better wording of the question would then be

For a faction world - will there be multiple pre set designs for each fortification type...e.g. ruins randomly spawning as layout a, b, c, or d?

(and will there be wild forts, keeps, castles, citadels and palaces..or only say basic forts/keeps)

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

We need to know how the claiming system works. Can anyone just come along and dump resources on the spawner? What are the pre-requisites? If there is some way of claiming a central building so you can start re-building (ala Darkfall), will everyone in your faction be able to participate in the process or will it be just the people authorized by the claimant?

I'm curious about the broader impact of the permissions system as it relates to buildings and strongholds.

Shadowbane - House Avari/Hy'shen
"Gimp elves get good elves killed." - Belina

Avari Discord - https://discord.gg/Bch24PV

Small campaign world testing was announced to start soon about a year ago.

It gets damn time if you ever wanna try to release a game. First campaign testing would have needed to start first half of last year.

Strongholds will be placed by the developers, and the campaign world wont be made by automated processing, like its intended later, they will be made by hand for now.
Also of course they wont start with the dregs or something, you guys got no idea of game development...

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.