Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Logging Loot and gathering stats to get them

Anhrez

So chopping down trees seems to be on par with the complexity of its output like we see skinning.

A non-Knotwood tree can give you:

• Wood
  • Dust
  • Apples (common)
  • Pine cones, Grubs (uncommon and limited by a training skill)
  • Heartwood (uncommon  and limited by a training skill)
  • Beeswax

The ability to raise food gathering is primarily seen under Exploration basics / Foraging path with beeswax deeper in on that path.

The ability to raise output of wood, dust and heartwood under the Wood path in Harvesting.

A player can increase their skills in Wood, dust and Food with specialty created RuneAxes but what I feel is missing is the ability for players to increase Heartwood and Beeswax beyond the basic training. We already see how important heartwood is, Siege Banners and Siege Mechanics rely heavily on them. 

There was a thread talking about the ability to add more stats to other combinations, I wonder if Logging and Skinning could use these bumps?  

We got Blood and Meat for Skinning but no + Bone? We got Fruit and Dust for Logging but no heartwood or Beeswax? 

Don't forget, the one EK that no one will judge you for looting your guilds treasury is Anhrez's Doober Shack. Where you can take those long con gains and 'simplify' them to more easily fit in your inventory. While you are unloading your hard earned winnings, swing by the Bazaar and pick up something to celebrate your genius.

LR0tCJt.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2017 at 1:15 AM, Nasmyth said:

Looking for the first Bee Keeper major discipline -- + beeswax, honeycomb and a mead cooking recipe to serve in my villa!

Once you have it, I would like to stop buy.

I think this is an important topic to cover as they approach the skill revamp.  Hard to say what the new trees will look like, but I agree that there should be more skills associated with the "extras" of harvesting.  

This may also allow them to put more of the harvesting skill results up front so people can harvest whites/greens with very little training, but the very high quality ores and all the extras you can harvest with specialized training can be gated further into the harvesting trees.

Might be worth starting a thread in the Suggestion Box so this gets a little more visibility?