Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wonderbread

The Backstory

Makes me think the Hunger is the disease in the walking dead!

Wait a sec...walkers..."white walkers"...in Game of Thrones they mentioned the white walkers attacked once again long before the events of the show...what if the walkers from walking dead are the original white walkers and the attack led the world to form into a medieval society and the following events caused Game of Thrones....Halflife 3 Confirmed.

I must say that If the most of enemies look anything as good as they do in the rendered 3D "screenshot" (as they do indeed look smashing) then I really am looking forward to what else is to come. 

I do wonder however if like many other MMO's all enemies of the same type will be identical in appearance or whether they'll have some small differences in design. (to make them more realistic - of course this is not essential, but hey wouldn't it be nice.)

Crowfall_T1Gameplay2.jpg

Makes me think the Hunger is the disease in the walking dead!

I'd rather think of it as "magic" than disease (I never liked the "shotting zombies" random medical disease fiction).

I'd say it is evil mana which functionally does the same as a virus would do, only The Hunger reanimates anything (Since it is magic, it is probably reanimating corpses of mortals, and it also strengthens them).

The Hunger definitely has the aesthetic of mana.

Plus the Hunger comes from the center of the Universe, if it exists in space it can't be a living being.  Also, it is heavily implied The Hunger is the aftermath of the death of Gaea, Mother of All (Source: Stonemen Forgemaster archetype page).

I'm putting my bets on - destructive/void mana.

How Can Mounts Add to the Crowfall Experience?  Caravans, Hunting Boars, and more.

How Complex can Mining be in Crowfall?  Mining difficulty, fatigue, infrastructure.

I'm shocked SF has added some RIF stuff to the lore and just twisted the knife in my soul. 

I actually didn't know that was up there, good lore find. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

I'm shocked SF has added some RIF stuff to the lore and just twisted the knife in my soul. 

I actually didn't know that was up there, good lore find. 

What we've seen on the "winter" phase looks a lot like Oblivion. The nature of the Hunger as an all consuming force, devouring world after world, also reminds me of the Void/Oblivion.

Shadowbane - House Avari/Hy'shen
"Gimp elves get good elves killed." - Belina

Avari Discord - https://discord.gg/Bch24PV

What we've seen on the "winter" phase looks a lot like Oblivion. The nature of the Hunger as an all consuming force, devouring world after world, also reminds me of the Void/Oblivion.

Yea it reminds me of cheap strip clubs too.

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Hmmm, that is an "odd" grip she has on that hilt, presuming she is supposed to be right handed. Left hand is supposed to be under the right hand, unless they wish to make her hold and blade to her left as a lefty, which would be cool if we had that kind of choice =P  

The Temple of the Cleansing Flame (SB-Templars and Confessors) always made great lore/ideological punching bags.  They were the dogmatic/blind faith/corrupt/evil menace that everyone could get on board with hating.  Kind of like the SB equivalent of Imperial Stormtroopers or the SS.  

I think the lore/conflict overall will be poorer with out such factions... as much as I hate to admit it.

Clearly we've only been given a taste of the Templar lore, but as written it seems... boring and vanilla. 

I believe along with the Confessor the Templars will belong to a church worshiping Arkon. The back story will probably be about the Templars protecting the people from the Hunger while trying to find out the mystery behind it, while the Confessor are more of a purge system.

The Hunger itself I believe is just a magical curse probably put upon the universe due to some events by the Gods. Like Valkyn disappearing or dying.

I believe along with the Confessor the Templars will belong to a church worshiping Arkon. The back story will probably be about the Templars protecting the people from the Hunger while trying to find out the mystery behind it, while the Confessor are more of a purge system.

The Hunger itself I believe is just a magical curse probably put upon the universe due to some events by the Gods. Like Valkyn disappearing or dying.

I agree on the Templar and Confessor bit, but refer to a church and Arkyn/Arkon is the top dog of the order branch in the cryptic tree.

As far as I know though, The Hunger was created from Gaea's death.  I am basing my assumptions on the Stoneborn narrative though, so there is room for a different interpretation (Since the Devs mentioned this is all strictly lore, meaning the races might have actually made up some parts of the story of the gods, if not all of it).

How Can Mounts Add to the Crowfall Experience?  Caravans, Hunting Boars, and more.

How Complex can Mining be in Crowfall?  Mining difficulty, fatigue, infrastructure.

I could see something with the Templar back story is that she is losing her faith and it's some events occur to bring her face to face with the gods and it restores her faith.