Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

H! Any Online Strategy Gamers Here?

kelvik

Greetings, I am a regular mmorpg player, but also play browser/online strategy games such as Travian and Stronghold Kingdoms that have payer run guilds that form larger alliances, with a campaign reset mechanic. Seeing as this could be the first combination of these two genres I was wondering how many others here after hearing the news of these seasons and apocalyptic endings have experience from such strategy games and might have some ideas as to how this will work in an mmorpg.

Greetings, I am a regular mmorpg player, but also play browser/online strategy games such as Travian and Stronghold Kingdoms that have payer run guilds that form larger alliances, with a campaign reset mechanic. Seeing as this could be the first combination of these two genres I was wondering how many others here after hearing the news of these seasons and apocalyptic endings have experience from such strategy games and might have some ideas as to how this will work in an mmorpg.

A few of the things that make me feel confident about the game design (combination of several genres, world resets, etc.) are the experience of the dev teams, the "patience" they seem to have building the game, the way they give to & collect from players the information.

Pretty sure that, if it's done well, this complex design can work perfectly.

Ha, i been through two of them this month alone. Like the genre but rarely stick with one, maybe when Empyrean comes out. The genre isnt very kind to us Dwarves. Recently played Emporea: Realms of War and Magic. It especially had a world reset mechanic with phase events and declared victors at the end, but more importantly it had Dwarves.

Edited by dwarfurious