Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Crowfall Live! Thursday, April 27 - Official discussion thread

Pann

38 minutes ago, Pann said:

Tell us If there are Crowfall team members and topics you’d like to see in an upcoming Crowfall Live! broadcast

Looking forward to seeing the shield stuff actually.  Rats with shields?  replacing the gun or the rapier?  Weird.

As to topics I'd like to see?  Gimme 5 hours of the design team breaking down all the disciplines and their powers...

49 minutes ago, durenthal said:

Looking forward to seeing the shield stuff actually.  Rats with shields?  replacing the gun or the rapier?  Weird.

As to topics I'd like to see?  Gimme 5 hours of the design team breaking down all the disciplines and their powers...

My thought is the duelist would get another tray for a sword/shield disc. Wonder how it'll work coming out of stealth. Probably default to rapier/gun tray while in or coming out of burrow.

I would love to see a discipline stream.

Blazzen <Lords of Death>

YouTube - Twitch - Guild

54 minutes ago, sluce said:

I hope this shield fighter discipline is a weapon one! Because I need it for my druid!

They already stated they took the time to redo all the Druid's animations for a shield :)

I presume that there will be a entry level weapon discipline e.g. Master of Shields but something like Shield fighter would be a major level discipline - like there is a master of bows and Arcane archer 

24 minutes ago, blazzen said:

My thought is the duelist would get another tray for a sword/shield disc. Wonder how it'll work coming out of stealth. Probably default to rapier/gun tray while in or coming out of burrow.

I would love to see a discipline stream.

Yea and as I keep repeating: how tray restrictions will work for single versus multiple tray characters and how wildly differing archetype resource systems will be standardised and if a weapon will overide your basic powers or not e.g. requires pistol / requires arcane staff

Obviously seconding more discipline details :) (but outside of just combat too...)

And initial ideas of per archetype restrictions too...

Edited by Tinnis

The schedule has changed: 

• 11 am Central: Greg Tapper Illusionary Shield power effects for the Shield Fighter discipline.
  • 2 pm Central: Dave Greco will be working on new concept art for the Frostweaver archetype.

2 hours ago, Pann said:

The schedule has changed: 

• 11 am Central: Greg Tapper Illusionary Shield power effects for the Shield Fighter discipline.
  • 2 pm Central: Dave Greco will be working on new concept art for the Frostweaver archetype.

Does this mean Frostweaver is next? Is this a hint? I must know!

Joined by a beardy Todd. 15m highlight of musings and answers

Don't panic...they are still undecided about making the Frostweavers iconic chain weapon work...but its not totally shelved at this point

Also character and world design, day and night cycles, seasons, musings about weapon types, comments about the problems of bringing in many systems and test quality

you can watch this stream, and the earlier FX creation stream of the illusionary shield, for up to 14 days via their twitch page video on demand

Thanks for the Vid Tinnis! Twitch just dont work properly in my notebook...

Oh? Seems like the frostweaver is supposed to be light armor?

I would dig a blade master! One with a ever changing ice weapon. Would be a pain to developt but i think it would be awesome.

Think of ice shurinkens, ice scyter, ice katana, ice great swords, etc. Add a fast combo system. This would probably be like a couple of linked trays.

Hmm... Make it a resource cost needed to exchange weapons. Make it so that we can change weapons at will, without a set patern.

Maybe start the basic archetype with only 2 weapons (a melee and a ranged) styles and make the others discipline related.

Hahaha i think it would be really fun. Still a pain to developt though.

Edited by BarriaKarl