Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TJB0ND

CC in this game needs to be reworked

I just got into a fight where i was cc to the point where i was forced to sit there and watch as i could not fight back I hope this changes in the game cuz this kinda of fighting just mean if you the first person to cc someone  you pretty much-gonna win and realisation does not even trigger half the time and when you do hit the button it does absolutely  nothing they need to take a look at all their cc in the game and rework it cuz right not it pretty ridiculous 

First - if you get hit without your weapon out it is not CC as abilities go.

Second - if you want constructive feed back you need to provide a little more info.  What class were you?  What class were they?  What type of CC?  How many enemies?

Third - play a little bit more, watch some video's, ask some questions, get a good understanding of all the classes and the game mechanics prior to making your final decision?

Fourth - details supporting your statement will give it far more weight than vague adjectives as most of what you said is perception based opposed to factual specific information (ex. How long you were CC'd for and see above)

Lastly - I am not saying you are not correct I am just saying you didn't provide me with much insight as to the scenario nor did you qualify yourself.

There are a number of experienced players that are more than willing to help and useful videos as well.

Good luck and I hope to see you in game.

Edited by Mr. Kurtz
Correction

1 hour ago, Mr. Kurtz said:

First - if you get hit without your weapon out it is not CC as abilities go.

Second - if you want constructive feed back you need to provide a little more info.  What class were you?  What class were they?  What type of CC?  How many enemies?

Third - play a little bit more, watch some video's, ask some questions, get a good understanding of all the classes and the game mechanics prior to making your final decision?

Fourth - details supporting your statement will give it far more weight than vague adjectives as most of what you said is perception based opposed to factual specific information (ex. How long you were CC'd for and see above)

Lastly - I am not saying you are not correct I am just saying you didn't provide me with much insight as to the scenario nor did you qualify yourself.

There are a number of experienced players that are more than willing to help and useful videos as well.

Good luck and I hope to see you in game.

umm help with wut? get cc over and over again with no way of breaking it thanks for that im sure they will give me very much useful infomration

8 hours ago, TJB0ND said:

umm help with wut? get cc over and over again with no way of breaking it thanks for that im sure they will give me very much useful infomration

If you can't provide actual feedback, don't bother. Beyond standing still and not doing anything, not sure how you were CC'd to death without a tiny bit of info.

This is not a "game" it is a "test" and plenty will be tweaked along the way. There will be abilities to break/reduce CC, training to reduce CC, hopefully optimization to remove lag and other performance issues, and of course teamwork instead of 1v1 pointless balance concerns.

8 hours ago, TJB0ND said:

You get a free escape in the form of E-Retaliate.  Use it wisely as it has a cooldown, save it for knockdown.  have your C power charged up and ready... lots of ways to avoid or escape CC but you have to practice and work on it.

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

CC also has diminishing returns, meaning that consecutive CC effects have significantly reduced durations up to a point at which you are immune to that effect for a duration. So unless you literally took your hands off your mouse and keyboard or were being focused down by several people - neither of which I can deduce from the information you provided - I find it unlikely that your description of events is entirely accurate.

That's what people mean by "need more information." There is no 1v1 scenario where what you described is a common thing, so either you're exaggerating or something was broken. If you don't provide details, people will naturally assume the former and dismiss your complaint, and if it actually is the latter, there's nothing anyone can do to fix it...unless you provide details.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle#Pre-alpha <--this is where we are. If your complaint is that the game don't not works good, come back later.

On 4/22/2017 at 1:36 PM, Frykka said:

You get a free escape in the form of E-Retaliate.  Use it wisely as it has a cooldown, save it for knockdown.  have your C power charged up and ready... lots of ways to avoid or escape CC but you have to practice and work on it.

Edited by TJB0ND

On 4/22/2017 at 1:29 PM, APE said:

If you can't provide actual feedback, don't bother. Beyond standing still and not doing anything, not sure how you were CC'd to death without a tiny bit of info.

This is not a "game" it is a "test" and plenty will be tweaked along the way. There will be abilities to break/reduce CC, training to reduce CC, hopefully optimization to remove lag and other performance issues, and of course teamwork instead of 1v1 pointless balance concerns.

didnt just stand still i think i already told you retaliation did not come up when it did it did nothing ever other attack was a knockdown or a stun what more could i have done thanks for basically useless information 

20 minutes ago, TJB0ND said:

didnt just stand still i think i already told you retaliation did not come up when it did it did nothing ever other attack was a knockdown or a stun what more could i have done thanks for basically useless information 

How many people were you fighting against?

WAZ6Fov.png

"The cinnabar is a lie"

No form of CC should ever last more than 2-3 seconds, and DR/immunity should be aggressive to where you quickly become immune to people spamming CC.  Ideally this ends up being balanced in a way where CC is at its most powerful when you are outnumbered by 2-3x somewhere in there, after that CC should become redundant on an individual player.  This is a good goal to strive for because it makes being outnumbered a disadvantage while eventually making it so that those numbers can't always just spam CC and have it stick to you the entire time, they actually have to outplay you through other elements of combat.

You never want hard cc to be so prevalent and effective that a zerg ball can just roll up and overlap everything and faceroll their keyboard and still be able to lock players down from 100 to 0.

Edited by VIKINGNAIL

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

Dizzy down needs to go once and for all. 

Ultimate abilities need to be back on cooldown timers instead of soul power. 

Then we should see how CC looks. If that isn't enough then lower cooldown on retaliate and/or make the DR on CC more aggressive. 

6 hours ago, TJB0ND said:

What information are you looking for without providing anything?

Report the issue in the test/feedback forum and or give suggestions on ways to make CC more enjoyable. Blanket generalizations without any substance do nothing.

Retaliate and all abilities should work 100% of the time when expected to. There shouldn't be significant lag or performance issues. We should have all Archetypes, training, gear, disciplines, and the entire game finalized. This will come. If you can't handle the experience of a test build, wait a while.

Again, you give little info to what AT you were playing, the enemy, and don't even appear to know what happened exactly. You were unable to dodge or use whatever escape options besides retaliate? Unable to attack back with any of your own CC? Not saying that CC isn't an issue, but to hop on here and say it all needs to be reworked should come with a little more to support the claim.

On ‎4‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 1:25 PM, goose said:

CC also has diminishing returns, meaning that consecutive CC effects have significantly reduced durations up to a point at which you are immune to that effect for a duration.

I wish we had more information on the details of how that actually worked. It seems inconsistent to the point of pure RNG to me.

The CC can be brutal, and I'm not sure the stacking resistance to repeated effects is implemented yet, but retaliate works as long as it isn't on it's massive cooldown. But with more power options incoming for all we know there's a lowish cooldown with no secondary effects retaliate incoming for people that aren't good at dodging. They could probably afford to shift more towards slows, roots, suppresses, and cooldown debuffs, and other types of cc rather than the three different "You're more or less stuck in place and can't use powers" that are the most common status effects among the archetypes.

So basically, You're not 100% wrong but you're overestimating how pervasive the issue is/will be.

8 hours ago, coolwaters said:

I wish we had more information on the details of how that actually worked. It seems inconsistent to the point of pure RNG to me.

Yeah, me too. It also makes it hard to test whether it's working correctly when we don't know exactly how it's supposed to work.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle#Pre-alpha <--this is where we are. If your complaint is that the game don't not works good, come back later.

From the description it sounds like you were out of combat mode and got "Dizzy Downed" to death.

Do you know how Dizzy Down works?

IhhQKY6.gif

12 hours ago, coolwaters said:

I mean that is true about nearly everything at this point...and even the known elements of the game are entirely inaccesible for new people to discover by themselves (lol power tooltips at the moment). But I gave up being the information slave for the community with the resource site at this point :) (its just a gateway for basic new backers)

Heres my handy CC summary from my time machine...

with a p.s. retaliate now 30 second cooldown but only usable from stuns or knock down. Cannot use for dizzy down, suppress, root, blind, snare or daze. Also we cannot use our Cs are easily these days to break CC and gain damage immunity...

so diminishing on say a knockdown - 5 seconds, 4 seconds, 3 seconds - then immune. stun goes from 3, 2, 1 then immune etc percent changes but with minimums. suppress is 6, 4, 2. slow is 8, 6, 4 or so

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 7:25 PM, TJB0ND said:

I just got into a fight where i was cc to the point where i was forced to sit there and watch as i could not fight back I hope this changes in the game cuz this kinda of fighting just mean if you the first person to cc someone  you pretty much-gonna win and realisation does not even trigger half the time and when you do hit the button it does absolutely  nothing they need to take a look at all their cc in the game and rework it cuz right not it pretty ridiculous 

Don't know what your talking about ... nice trolling.  

On 4/24/2017 at 0:22 AM, APE said:

What information are you looking for without providing anything?

Report the issue in the test/feedback forum and or give suggestions on ways to make CC more enjoyable. Blanket generalizations without any substance do nothing.

Retaliate and all abilities should work 100% of the time when expected to. There shouldn't be significant lag or performance issues. We should have all Archetypes, training, gear, disciplines, and the entire game finalized. This will come. If you can't handle the experience of a test build, wait a while.

Again, you give little info to what AT you were playing, the enemy, and don't even appear to know what happened exactly. You were unable to dodge or use whatever escape options besides retaliate? Unable to attack back with any of your own CC? Not saying that CC isn't an issue, but to hop on here and say it all needs to be reworked should come with a little more to support the claim.

I'm sorry i got a little carried away with my post and should have just took a step back and took everyone's suggestion about posting more feedback I am i know its a test and i should treat such matters as such