Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rebelgb

Do you think they are worried?

15 hours ago, APE said:

You do not have enough posts to matter. Sorry ;)

Anyone can accumulate a high post count, that's just a mindless grind. The meaningful metric is like/post ratio.

And in this thread, mine is the biggest by a good 5%.

Edit: my nemesis, Effeh, surpassed me and even persuaded me to like his post.

Edited by Avloren

37 minutes ago, Avloren said:

Anyone can accumulate a high post count, that's just a mindless grind. The meaningful metric is like/post ratio.

And in this thread, mine is the biggest by a good 5%.

I agree, and if anyone asks it has absolutely nothing to do with my ratio being 1.9. The three key steps to winning this game that I didn't even know I was playing until now can be yours for the low price of only one like!

1. Try to make posts that either the hater hivemind or fanboy hivemind will appreciate. Early on in my career I made a lot of bank appealing to the hater conclave, but the problem is they all left because they hate Crowfall. Now, I try to be relentessly positive in my posts to milk those sweet likes, or either make really self aware and surreal posts like this one that people with a decent sense of humour end up liking.

2. If that doesn't work out, try shilling for the Winterblades. About half of this damn forum is winterblades. Watch this: woah, Winterblades, they sure were great in Shadowbane, the most fantastic game ever made. They did a lot of good battles and stuff, with centaurs probably. Wow. Jah seems like a smart guy, too. Oh wait, his puny ratio is only 1.7. Well, the guy tries hard at least.

3. Don't piss off the goblin.

BONUS:

4. Pick someone out in a thread, quote their post, and put an abnormally large amount of effort into your reply. They'll be all but forced to like your post.

Trust me, if you are in the majority when it comes to gaming opinions you usually aren't very good.  If everyone could see the intricacies of gaming as well as the top 1% can then there sure wouldn't be so many bad players. 

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

12 hours ago, drunk said:

"The core module is estimated to be delivered by Winter 2016."

If I remember correctly Todd said with Kickstarter you HAVE to put in some kind of estimate and at that time it was likely their best guess with just the core module and no stretch goals. Since then they have always been transparent with the process and explaining delays and such.

Edited by pang

Most game developers don't gave players access to pre-alpha (or even alpha) for this very reason.  It's usually an exercise in futility to listen to people with no development experience talk about the state of pre-alpha games.  This game is different only because it is a very high visibility game for a crowd funded game, and the backers in many cases invested a good chunk of change to help make this game happen.  Which of course ACE and the rest of the later backers are grateful for, but it doesn't help deal with people who are frustrated at a process they don't really understand.

Legend Gaming

Kendogg - Member

4 hours ago, kendogg said:

Most game developers don't gave players access to pre-alpha (or even alpha) for this very reason.  It's usually an exercise in futility to listen to people with no development experience talk about the state of pre-alpha games.  This game is different only because it is a very high visibility game for a crowd funded game, and the backers in many cases invested a good chunk of change to help make this game happen.  Which of course ACE and the rest of the later backers are grateful for, but it doesn't help deal with people who are frustrated at a process they don't really understand.

What's also unfortunate is that they are informed pretty openly about what to expect, and they still freak out at ACE.  It's not only that some may not understand the nature of testing, it's that they refuse to accept that they don't understand it. 

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

3 hours ago, kendogg said:

Agreed.  I love the transparency, and it's fun to help test, but they should probably deemphasize early access on the front page.  I'm a late-backer, but I knew what I was getting into.  I've already seen several forum posts and chat messages where people think the game is almost done.  I don't want the game to be dismissed based on its pre-alpha state.

I don't think there's cause for worry just yet.  The game is in a good state for 2 years of development.   The only major red flag that I've seen is the lag from last weekend's test.  That was pretty bad for ~100 players.   Hopefully, they'll work that out. 

The timeline I'm hoping for:

End of 2017: All classes implemented.  Campaign worlds stable.  Most skills implemented

End of 2018: At least one style of campaign is playable from start to finish, spring to winner.

End of 2019: Minimal viable product.  Beta Started

End of 2020: Game is "launched" (Final inventory/skill wipe) 

An extra year squeezed in there wouldn't be unreasonable, and of course I'd love to see it finished sooner.  It's an mmo.  They take time.  ~5 years is not unreasonable.  A premature launch leads to bad press which is hard to crawl back from.

On 4/24/2017 at 2:00 PM, coolwaters said:

I don't.. They don't want a ton of testers at this point because its a mess out there. So many new systems interacting - not well - with old systems.

When the gameplay is at a point they are proud of I think the population will rocket here and in game.

Things wont heat up till beta prealpha isnt a good place to allow lots of players in the game isnt in a stable state and is likely to turn people off before the game is in its prime 

On 4/24/2017 at 1:39 PM, rebelgb said:

109000 threads in GD since the game forums came online, not a very good number.  I know its Alpha, but with the serious lack of new games recently released and not much new on the horizon (as well as WoW's continuing bleeding in subscriptions) I would think the fire for this game would be burning brighter.

Do you think the devs are worried? Are you?

Thoughts?

You don't see a lot of post on the forums because only backers of the game can post 

I find the lack of money being wasted on hype refreshing.

I could point out a lot of "early access" or "pre-release" games that posted extremely good hype in terms of player interest on forums that turned out to be absolute poorly made socks.

Player counts don't start mattering until there's a game to play. I'd rather see a good game with bad hype for a few years than a bad game with really good hype for a few years.

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

For an early access pre alpha game, this is a very active community.   Not only is it an active community but it's a helpful community. The support is ungodly fast. I think this game will go very far as long as the devs continue to work tirelessly on the game.  I don't think there's any cause for alarm or worry

13 hours ago, untuin said:

End of 2017: All classes implemented.  Campaign worlds stable.  Most skills implemented

End of 2018: At least one style of campaign is playable from start to finish, spring to winner.

Are you for real? I know 5 yrs is nothing for a MMO game but this will totally kill my hype for the game! Honestly i cant even imagine how my life will be in 2020!

I hope we get the game at early 2018 at the latest...

13 hours ago, untuin said:

Agreed.  I love the transparency, and it's fun to help test, but they should probably deemphasize early access on the front page.  I'm a late-backer, but I knew what I was getting into.  I've already seen several forum posts and chat messages where people think the game is almost done.  I don't want the game to be dismissed based on its pre-alpha state.

I don't think there's cause for worry just yet.  The game is in a good state for 2 years of development.   The only major red flag that I've seen is the lag from last weekend's test.  That was pretty bad for ~100 players.   Hopefully, they'll work that out. 

The timeline I'm hoping for:

An extra year squeezed in there wouldn't be unreasonable, and of course I'd love to see it finished sooner.  It's an mmo.  They take time.  ~5 years is not unreasonable.  A premature launch leads to bad press which is hard to crawl back from.

I like your perspective, but I bet the cake is baked way before then.

Anyone here ever do or seen landscaping?

For weeks and weeks and weeks, all you will see is dug up dirt, and supplies being dragged into the area.  The yard looks busy, but it doesn't "look" like much is getting accomplished.

Then what seems like almost overnight, grass is rolled out, beds are framed and planted, and trees suddenly appear.  Then some clean up and "suddenly" you have a finished project.

That's what has been happening here. background systems have been built and waiting, and now all at once are coming together in VERY RAPID succession.  So fast that they had to pause for a week and just clean up the yard because the investors (us) are always touring the site and getting grouchy that the place was starting to look like a mess again.

From someone who has build several ground up projects, this one is coming together astonishingly quickly, and with relatively few major bumps (take bug). I am very impressed with the speed they are putting together a very complex group of systems.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken