Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Pann

Bestiary: Hellcat - Official discussion thread

The current build is a steaming hot mess, disciplines are coming up, the assassin is near, and the Tuesday news post is... fluff.  Not even a new mob, just a tiny lore snippet on an existing one.  No model for the Spring / Summer version of the hellcat, even.

This is.. unfortunate.

1 hour ago, durenthal said:

The current build is a steaming hot mess, disciplines are coming up, the assassin is near, and the Tuesday news post is... fluff.  Not even a new mob, just a tiny lore snippet on an existing one.  No model for the Spring / Summer version of the hellcat, even.

This is.. unfortunate.

Crowfluff! :)

vIQ4dWp.jpg

p.s. how come we never ended up seeing the undead gryphon or wyvern yet?

and

WyvernConcept_WinterDetail.png

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

It was very disappointing. I think some of us might benefit from stepping back, lowering expectations, and letting the new blood take up the testing torch. Smart money is on AC knows the issues and is working on fixing them, even if they don't publicly acknowledge it or update us. Come back for the next milestone with fresh eyes. That's what I'm doing at least.

aeei5jG.png

So... Is there a reason for this Lore? I dont how to express it but is like there is a lot of words but when you finish reading you go like "Is that it?"

The whole point can be summed as "hellcat comes from a different dimension" (correct?) but when you look at the hellcat at the bottom it seems just like a common mountain lion. The whole 'other dimension' thing doesnt fit well with how low-lvl hellcats seems to be.

If you gave me a lore that explained why they are called hellcats with some random story like "once they smell your blood they will chase you 'till the gates of hell" (I remember someone said something like this when hellcats had a bug with their aggro) IMO it would be way more meaningful.

EDIT: Seems like the real point was to highlight the godess (Illara) so i dont have much of a opinion now. *Shrugs*

I find the lore bits interesting.

I am looking at this game to be 'my game' that I play an awful lot of hours in the hopeful near future. Part of that longevity (at least for me) is finding connections to the world I am playing in, as right now I have a lot of quick hit survival games I could play but they all feel so disconnected to me. In most cases its the players (you know who you are) that will be generating the most connection creating content, but these small ties to the creatures, the gods and the overall world concepts feel like the small pieces of mortar that hold together all the pieces of the game i hope to play. I am far from a role player, but understanding the more about the gods I think could make God Reach and the choices made in in selecting my faction feel more real to me. As an update goes it reads far more Pantheon then Bestiary and I look forward to what God has such a strong tie to my beloved packpig!  Kane or Cybele ? 

Don't forget, the one EK that no one will judge you for looting your guilds treasury is Anhrez's Doober Shack. Where you can take those long con gains and 'simplify' them to more easily fit in your inventory. While you are unloading your hard earned winnings, swing by the Bazaar and pick up something to celebrate your genius.

LR0tCJt.png

On 25/04/2017 at 3:19 PM, yoink said:

It was very disappointing. I think some of us might benefit from stepping back, lowering expectations, and letting the new blood take up the testing torch. Smart money is on AC knows the issues and is working on fixing them, even if they don't publicly acknowledge it or update us. Come back for the next milestone with fresh eyes. That's what I'm doing at least.

That's some solid advice. I'm probably in the minority here but I enjoy lore updates when they're interesting. This was definitely better than the giant entry in terms of the lore. I do wonder though if we'll get more lore entries outside of just the Bestiary at some point in the future? A major lore entry on vessels and how it ties into the world and larger picture would be nice.