Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Architecture and geomancy - Official discussion thread

to be an effective or profitable geomancer, players will need to face the dangers of the Campaign Worlds

My worry is the concept of being a Crafter first with some combat for survival. If I am playing one character will I be able to compete with a player Alt training nothing but a crafter ? VIP sure will need some big value if its goal is to support the single account player 

Don't forget, the one EK that no one will judge you for looting your guilds treasury is Anhrez's Doober Shack. Where you can take those long con gains and 'simplify' them to more easily fit in your inventory. While you are unloading your hard earned winnings, swing by the Bazaar and pick up something to celebrate your genius.

LR0tCJt.png

Some of you may have noticed that we added some new recipes under the Stonemasonry tab in your crafting UI, architecture and geomancy.

As the names imply, the latter of these is for crafting buildings but the former might not have been quite so obvious.

Heh, the "latter" of the first sentence is Geomancy but the second sentence describes Architecture.

Please test them for functionality, not for balance.

This should be posted in reference to everything added during alpha. :lol:

Edited by mrmoneda

Hi, I'm moneda.

s1tKI24.png

Is this going to be applicable to the actual PvP campaign worlds any time soon or is this just more EK stuff?

Eternal.....zzzzzz......Kingdoms.....

It's better than a lore snippet!  Yay for more secondary systems coming online / being fleshed out.  The sooner you finish this instanced housing stuff, the sooner you can get back to making a throne war game.

So will we be able to craft these in the CW and export the parcel as a single 1x1 inventory item, or do we have to export the vast amount of raw materials?

Edited by durenthal

The effort to create crafting tables,etc and fortifications seems to fit with Campaigns 

Don't forget, the one EK that no one will judge you for looting your guilds treasury is Anhrez's Doober Shack. Where you can take those long con gains and 'simplify' them to more easily fit in your inventory. While you are unloading your hard earned winnings, swing by the Bazaar and pick up something to celebrate your genius.

LR0tCJt.png

12 minutes ago, coolster50 said:

Two updates on a Tuesday!!

I call it Twosday. xD

The interesting thing now would be to extent the maximum number of visitors and to allow people to build together, letting the guild and community kingdoms start. :)

Edited by Kraahk

2W1ZHpA.jpg

12 minutes ago, Zybak said:

Is this going to be applicable to the actual PvP campaign worlds any time soon or is this just more EK stuff?

Eternal.....zzzzzz......Kingdoms.....

Well Architecture according to the article will be needed to build 'crafting stations, city walls, gates, decorations -- and practically everything anything else that sockets onto walls or buildings' and those items will be needed in the CWs so yeah its applicable...

While this stuff is super cool... I'm still worried that EKs are going to be rather worthless if we're just going to be in campaigns all the time with the only interaction being imports at the start and exports at the end of the campaign. Is any thought being given to how to make EKs actually useful?

Guild Leader of Seeds of War

Just now, Svenn said:

While this stuff is super cool... I'm still worried that EKs are going to be rather worthless if we're just going to be in campaigns all the time with the only interaction being imports at the start and exports at the end of the campaign. Is any thought being given to how to make EKs actually useful?

They will be (more or less) worthless - in the meaning of gameplay, which is to say regarding the goal to win campaigns. They are socializing and trading points. And a place to rally and organize and train your troups. And a place to show others what you achieved in Crowfall.

I wouldn't worry too much. What i just said - and the point that the Bloodstone system in some campaigns will allow attacking only within certain time windows - should give enough opportunities to partially participate in EK's. However, EK's are not the main part of Crowfall - that's the campaigns. So i am not worried if they indee will be less important than campaigns. Thats the way it should be. As long as there is some reason left, to participate in them. Just my opinion.

2W1ZHpA.jpg

22 minutes ago, pang said:

Well Architecture according to the article will be needed to build 'crafting stations, city walls, gates, decorations -- and practically everything anything else that sockets onto walls or buildings' and those items will be needed in the CWs so yeah its applicable...

I'm wondering how we will build/craft/farm anything worth a damned in the first campaigns given training requirements.

10 minutes ago, armegeddon said:

I'm wondering how we will build/craft/farm anything worth a damned in the first campaigns given training requirements.

We don't know what all the training requirements are yet. Those are all in flux still.

Also, in the early campaigns people will have less skills and I don't see a problem with that. Things will be more in demand as everyone will need to specialize at the start and can broaden their skills over time.

Guild Leader of Seeds of War

1 minute ago, armegeddon said:

I think we'll see some early economy-based discipline runes that will cover that training gap, for example a "Miner" rune that adds a chunk of skill for excavating.  If they were tied to the earliest runemaking skills, we could see them as early as 2-3 weeks of training.  Perhaps earlier if they chose to make them "basic" runes.

1 hour ago, anhrezcf said:

to be an effective or profitable geomancer, players will need to face the dangers of the Campaign Worlds

My worry is the concept of being a Crafter first with some combat for survival. If I am playing one character will I be able to compete with a player Alt training nothing but a crafter ? VIP sure will need some big value if its goal is to support the single account player 

"Or trade with others who are willing to do so on their behalf" - I see this an incentive for crafters to accept resources in exchange for completed goods, in lieu of some sort of ingame currency system.  I suppose the incentive was already there, otherwise how are you going to make anything if you don't want to enter campaigns ;)

Secondly, I suspect they are trying to prevent people from farmvilleing it, and just endlessly harvesting slag/cobble/knot to make themselves enormous fancy kingdoms.  Gotta earn them!  

Edited by Izalea