Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ozark

retaining items on game rollout

When the game goes to public release, will all items, exp and skills gained be retained or does everyone start from zero?

3 minutes ago, Apok said:

I really struggle with this question, I don't understand why it's always asked. Which company/Devs started this nonsense by letting their testing carry into live, I hate them whoever they are. 

It's showing up with "Early Access" on Steam.  

For example Naval Action promised users that although assets would not carry past release, experience earned in game would.

I mean it's not terrible to ask I suppose but just wait till closer to release when people start arguing about how every game since UO has done it. 

I hope they wipe everything. The practice and knowledge from testing will already be a massive leg up at launch as it is (and Im hoping for a month or two to get a jump on some resources without getting owned too many times, not that this is a good reason :) )

I dont understand why people think they'd keep their items.

Thanks for buying the game! Here's 181,000+ Crows already more geared than you! Enjoy! 

See the problem?

10 hours ago, Anthrage said:

The idea that anything prior to launch would carry over is absurd to a degree bordering on insanity. I find it hard to believe anyone seriously considers this a possibility, but people continually ask this question, so I guess some do...which is frightening.

What would be more insane is wondering about it and not asking.

6 minutes ago, Anthrage said:

That is also true. Insanities are not mutually exclusive.

But what would really be insane would be if I covered myself in peanut butter and walked down to the local fire station yelling "wHo WAntS MY ButTeR"

Dunno why everybody is talking about insanity these days.

By the way, in case someone didn't know, ACE is also secretly developing a special untest-device that will allow them to wipe their testers memories about any playtests they participated in, to furthermore guarantee that all players will start under the same conditions.

2W1ZHpA.jpg

43 minutes ago, Kraahk said:

By the way, in case someone didn't know, ACE is also secretly developing a special untest-device that will allow them to wipe their testers memories about any playtests they participated in, to furthermore guarantee that all players will start under the same conditions.

I heard that they also have a team of trained assassins to murder anyone whom the device fails to work on.

32 minutes ago, Ozark said:

I heard that they also have a team of trained assassins to murder anyone whom the device fails to work on.

I even heard that one of them is actually a dark wizard who brings those assassins into being himself ... via NECROMANCY!!! Sewing together the remains of testers who used but didn't report serious bugs. Please don't ask me to speak his name out loud. If i accidently summon him, you will probably never ever hear from me again (you may probably meet some parts of me, though).

Edited by Kraahk

2W1ZHpA.jpg

1 hour ago, Kraahk said:

Spring has begun, and this generally leads to a brain re-mixing ahahahah!! :lol:

Just now, hubo said:

Spring has begun, and this generally leads to a brain re-mixing ahahahah!! :lol:

I am fine with spring. I am more worried about winter, when the world will end. :-/

2W1ZHpA.jpg

On 27/04/2017 at 7:47 AM, pang said:

They've stated there will be a final wipe before live/soft launch yes.

Awesome. Was hoping that was the case