TJB0ND

Ranger stealth

So I got the stalker and the ranger mix up. I though after seeing that the ranger had not stealth based skills that they had switch it to not be a stealth based class. So where is the stealth for rangers at? What kinda stealth they gonna have? is it too late to even give ranger stealth? 

If some form of Stealth is not added to the Ranger base archetype, I would guess they could get it from a Discipline rune.

We are gonna have HIDE. Basically you trigger a stealth that breaks when moving or doing an action. Not as useful as the assassin's (Correctly so) but i kinda like how it is supposed to work.

EDIT;.

With the addition of a melee tray we asked ourselves, “Does she really need a third power tray for stealth powers?” and With stealth and melee, would she become too similar to the assassin?” which led to, “Does she really need stealth at all?” This is when we changed the idea of the Ranger having a full Stealth mode to the more limited Hide.

The difference between the two modes are:

Hide is a mode that renders you invisible as long as you remain stationary and does not swap your power tray.

Stealth is a mode that renders you invisible until you attack or take a damaging hit. You can move freely while stealthed. When activated, your power tray is swapped to a stealth power tray.

From here: https://www.crowfall.com/en/news/first-look-ranger-powers-ui/

Edited by BarriaKarl

There are some stealth disciplines that the ranger can take, so you can go stealth if you choose to take a discipline that supports it.  I could see this being very useful in battle, if an enemy decides to engage you, dash away, stealth to lose him, reposition and then continue shooting.

With the change to Ranger / Stalker there is nothing stating Rangers will get Hide anymore.  THey are taking things from both classes and combining them to one.  In that process Hide can be lost.

5 minutes ago, Soulreaver said:

With the change to Ranger / Stalker there is nothing stating Rangers will get Hide anymore.  THey are taking things from both classes and combining them to one.  In that process Hide can be lost.

It could be added to a Discipline or maybe even a Racial. Elken getting Hide as a racial ability would make sense to me.

As far as stealth goes they said they still consider Ranger in the "stealth group" or w/e so likely it'll still get some form of stealth, IMO.

28 minutes ago, Soulreaver said:

they talked about it on the stream at some point - still a tech issue blocking it being added to her

(also ranger included in all the stealth related runestones with duelist and assassin)

Edited by Tinnis

Ranger hasn't been redone yet, when it is, it will gain hide. The tech is there according to the stream, they just need to prototype it. I think he mentioned waiting to get assassin online first before worrying about ranger/stalker merging; patience.

"I can avoid being seen if I wish, but to disappear entirely.. that is a rare gift."

I'm not opposed to hide, but it seems a bit steep to go from stealth breaks on movement, to stealth only breaks when engaging combat. Maybe a stalker discipline that allows stealth but slows movement, like the ranger is doing in the environment video at 1:53.

disciples will probably help all errant class builds a bit more. possibly a rune of some sort that could give positive effect to hide/stealth. lots of different combo opportunities, much like how druids can get a scimitar now