Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi from an "old man" :P

Hi everyone,

I saw this game for the first time a few weeks ago (yes, I've chosen the wrong emblem under my name. Should have been 17 :P )

I wasn't sure if I should try this since I have not much PvP experience.

I played EQ1 for 10 or 11 years or so as raid healer (Cleric) till about 5 years ago.

EQ1 is (or was at least when I played it) a slow paced game. You don't need to hit the keyboard like a boogie woogie pianist who is on speed.

And because it wasn't really needed, I hardly ever used the keyboard. Im a mouse clicker :blush:

So....I'm not sure if this will be a game for me. Fast paced PvP and an old geezer with a mouse :P

But I want to try it. From what I've read about it, it looks to be fun to play.

Lot of nice people here on the forum as well. Looking forward to it. :)

I hope you understand my English.

Hello ancient one!  

To be perfectly honest, some of the best commanders I followed in guild wars 2 were retired grandparents.  Pretty sure one guy had a heart attack and was back at it 2 days later.  

I don't believe what they say, you can teach an old dog new tricks! If you're excited about the game and play often I'm sure you'll find the combat isn't as fast as you may think and you'll do a lot better than you think too.

Welcome aboard and if you have questions in game global chat is really helpful!  See you around... and if I see you in game I'll go slow ;) haha. 

Hello Old man! Welcome to the community!

I think it is really cool to have the chance to play with the early generation of gamers. I grew up in the era of consoles so i am just entering the MMO genre. I hear a lot of older players talking of a lot of famous games like EQ, DAoC and Shadowbane, i hope this game can give us both a nice experience like those.

Edited by BarriaKarl

Hi Padriolas, welcome in the community!

This is not a frenetic game, many skills need a channeling to be performed, there is no compulsive click click of the mouse

Is based on careful and intelligent management of your character's resources...

Crowfall is not like most of those MMO who are now on the market, and has a much more refined action component, you will see that you will find it really enjoyable ^_^

Welcome!

Maybe you can get Jitterbug to design a Keyboard for you.

I actually think the idea of old people with Dimensia wandering the lands is AMAZEballs.  

As this is something that has not been addressed within MMO's ACE should consider adding a Silver Alert system for guilds.  Either way it is not about anything other than having fun!

Welcome again, great intro and I hope to see you in game.

40 minutes ago, Mr. Kurtz said:

Welcome!

Maybe you can get Jitterbug to design a Keyboard for you.

I actually think the idea of old people with Dimensia wandering the lands is AMAZEballs.  

As this is something that has not been addressed within MMO's ACE should consider adding a Silver Alert system for guilds.  Either way it is not about anything other than having fun!

Welcome again, great intro and I hope to see you in game.

Dimensia LOL.

Where you cant remember which dimension you are in?

On topic though, my dad plays games like this (not crowfall yet) and hes in his 60's. Needs a bit of help with explanation but otherwise does perfectly fine in these kind of games!

Archetypes I am Interested in: Templar, Legionnaire, Myrmidon, Confessor.
Also, Looking for a Guild, preferably Oceanic but also US West works best for me. (Misery)

7 hours ago, Padriolas said:

Thanks for a warm welcome :D

I'm just gonna try and see what happens. So....if you by any chance see a Druid with a rollator (English? A walking frame with wheels), be gentle please :P

I'll make sure to go extra slow;)