Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ZeulSaijin

Forced to be a part of the guild ?! incentive gameplay ?

OK i like the pvp and i play many mmorpg pvp centered game. IN thsi game you will need to be forced to join a guild , kiss all butts of the leaders just to have access to endgame gear or other facility ? I  am plan to be  lone wolf more or less, of course im gona go pvp with groups but I a'int in for discord use and all the poorly made socks social guild things. I wont say im gona be casual .. hell no but i will just do my my own business and pvp how i like.

I hope teh rewards from pvp or campaign or all form of pvp to reward some good gear or somehow anyone to be able to get high end gear, not only zerg giulds. Of courtse i can make 2-3 ac%+@!$#?&*^s and begin to craft my gear but that will be  a failure from a game from 2017 that wana succeed and appeal to everyone. There are out there people that just wnaa have fun but at the same time to be competitive and not be forced to join guilds.

If this game will produce high end gear just from teh big guilds , that mean there wont be such a special thrill withing the game for a lone wolf pvp'er or just a casual because  those zerg hardcore  guilds will all the time win campaigns / have best gear and that will be teh story

I mean, you could play on the outer CW bands, like God's Reach, where you choose a faction, but doesn't necessarily force you into a guild. That said, I think you should reevaluate your expectations when it comes to gear. Gear in this game will be pretty transient. It's important to have yes, but you will lose it eventually. So you are going to have to make friends with a crafter either way considering the sheer amount of different types of gear that will exist, or become a crafter yourself. If you want to be at the top of your game, you have to interact with people.

Also, gear might help in certain battles, but it won't necessarily win the war on its own. That will come down to strategy, tactics, and logistics.

2 hours ago, ZeulSaijin said:

a game from 2017 that wana succeed and appeal to everyone. There are out there people that just wnaa have fun but at the same time to be competitive and not be forced to join guilds.

You might want to look into the game a bit more, pretty sure they have zero intention of appealing to "everyone." The design is very niche even within MMO PVP fans.

This is to be a very social, not your typical everyone can do everything alone game.

Joining a good group of players doesn't mean you have to kiss butt. Surely guilds will need people out doing small/solo activities and in return will have the support of a larger force.

If how you like to play doesn't match what the devs are creating, might not be the game for you.

Be the best crafter with the best blueprints for a certain item and you will get enough attention.

Earlier there was a thread where someone was hireing ppl to protect him while harvesting... I applause his way of looking at things.

Huginn ok Muninn, fljúga hverjan dag, Jörmungrund yfir; óumk ek of Hugin,, at hann aftr né komi-t, þó sjámk meir of Munin

Gathering of Ranger videos

7 hours ago, ZeulSaijin said:

I  am plan to be  lone wolf more or less,

Crowfall is foremost a teamplay game. You can play it solo, but it will be much more challenging. And ACE said so from the beginning. So no surprise here. And nothing that will likely change. If people want to play solo, they will have to face the challenges and to find creative ways to make their lives easier.

But, in my opinion, that's their own decision and so it's their own responsibility to achieve what they want.

10 hours ago, ZeulSaijin said:

OK i like the pvp and i play many mmorpg pvp centered game. IN thsi game you will need to be forced to join a guild , kiss all butts of the leaders just to have access to endgame gear or other facility ? I  am plan to be  lone wolf more or less, of course im gona go pvp with groups but I a'int in for discord use and all the poorly made socks social guild things. I wont say im gona be casual .. hell no but i will just do my my own business and pvp how i like.

I hope teh rewards from pvp or campaign or all form of pvp to reward some good gear or somehow anyone to be able to get high end gear, not only zerg giulds. Of courtse i can make 2-3 ac%+@!$#?&*^s and begin to craft my gear but that will be  a failure from a game from 2017 that wana succeed and appeal to everyone. There are out there people that just wnaa have fun but at the same time to be competitive and not be forced to join guilds.

If this game will produce high end gear just from teh big guilds , that mean there wont be such a special thrill withing the game for a lone wolf pvp'er or just a casual because  those zerg hardcore  guilds will all the time win campaigns / have best gear and that will be teh story

You can play in games that have pre-defined factions.  But it is a pretty silly expectation in general to think you should get endgame stuff while playing as a lone wolf.  Some might say an mmorpg is kind of broken if that can happen since it has then de-emphasized the social aspect of mmorpgs. 

If you play a social game in a way specifically intended to be less social you shouldn't expect to excel.

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

I believe guilds should open a space for lone wolfs to "join". I mean, it is not like lone wolf are useless. I plan to be a explorer and animal harverster so if anything i can at least keep a eye out for them.

Something like a mercenary. If they need me and it is lucrative i can lend a hand. If i stumble upon something that is too much for me to chew alone there is no reason why i cant give them a call.

WORST case scenarios lone wolfs should just make a pack. I mean even though i am proud of my skills i dont think i can battle a dragon.

Edited by BarriaKarl

15 minutes ago, BarriaKarl said:

I believe guilds should open a space for lone wolfs to "join". I mean, it is not like lone wolf are useless. I plan to be a explorer and animal harverster so if anything i can at least keep a eye out for them.

Something like a mercenary. If they need me and it is lucrative i can lend a hand. If i stumble upon something that is too for me to chew alone there is no reason why i cant give them a call.

WORST case scenarios lone wolfs should just make a pack. I mean even though i am proud of my skills i dont think i can battle a dragon.

Of course no one say a lone wolf should beat a dragon but there must be some kind of options , viable and rewardable .. maybe jobs for lone wolfs like bounty hunting or like u say animal hunter explorer ,or more game specific things but with rewards good enough

This is the beauty of Crowfall's design. Multiple campaign worlds, each with a different ruleset. I expect lone wolves to be able to do their thing in 3-faction and 12-god campaigns, and 1vX to their heart's content. Those campaigns will naturally group players in factions. It will probably be more disorganized and perhaps frustrating depending on your expectations, but it should allow that playstyle at least (ofc organized guilds in those campaigns will still represent a huge advantage, at the end it might come down to which faction has the highest number and better quality of guilds). Organized guilds can also just fight each other and form alliances in the shadows and dregs rulesets. A lone wolf could still play in those bands, as long as he doesn't expect to win any spoils of war by himself. He could still find meaningful pvp here and there for the fun of it I suppose. 

1 hour ago, ZeulSaijin said:

Of course no one say a lone wolf should beat a dragon but there must be some kind of options , viable and rewardable .. maybe jobs for lone wolfs like bounty hunting or like u say animal hunter explorer ,or more game specific things but with rewards good enough

How would you receive individual rewards in a campaign or the game in general? Anything is possible, but there is no individual reward system planned currently. Although, we don't know how group based rewards will work either, just that they will exist.

Another thing to remember is that there is no 'End-Game' gear or content as it's all available from the start. To top that off, gear is never dropped from mobs. All gear is crafted by the players themselves. A lone wolf could be a fantastic crafter, however it sounds more like the OP would be best as a merc as was pointed out earlier.

I hardly post but I backed in KS in the first few days so I have been around a bit.  I also browse the forums regularly.  Why on earth are so many people feeding the troll?

He couldn't really have said it any worse, but there is a grain of concern underlying what otherwise appears to be a rant of sorts.

I think the devs should consider ideas to bridge the gap between new guildless solo player to either apply as a recruit to an established or form his own guild with other new or existing guildless, like minded players. What form this would take is limited by your imagination. NPC "Guilds" dedicated to whatever gods on some CWs, perhaps. Maybe some sort of virtual marketplace for guilds within the planned guild interface.

The concern is real whatever the answer is.

On 4/27/2017 at 10:48 PM, ZeulSaijin said:

Wanna make a guild together?

I don't see it that way. If you want to play by yourself, there are countless experiences out there available to you. I don't want my MMO's designed to appease this audience. These players rarely interact with others, add nothing to the concept of Crowfall beyond being cannon fodder for roaming gank groups, and any design considerations potentially ruin the experience of the game.

The fact is, the game design right now does not really allow solo players to accomplish much beyond participating in Gods Reach/The Infected campaign rulesets where "Factions" can supplant these players inability/lack of desire to join a guild. That's as far as I'd want to see them cater to this group. Crafting and Gathering is highly complex and requires dependence on other humans to produce anything of meaning. This is intended to encourage players to socialize and talk with another. Talking and social experiences increase the feeling of community.

Community keeps players attached to a game. Overcoming a difficult supply and manufacturing process will likely encourage feelings of success and achievement. These keep people coming back. So too does winning a campaign. Those are the objectives of this game; not pandering to solo players.

I want a community, not solo players.

Edited by scree

39 minutes ago, scree said:

I don't see it that way. If you want to play by yourself, there are countless experiences out there available to you. I don't want my MMO's designed to appease this audience. These players rarely interact with others, add nothing to the concept of Crowfall beyond being cannon fodder for roaming gank groups, and any design considerations potentially ruin the experience of the game.

The fact is, the game design right now does not really allow solo players to accomplish much beyond participating in Gods Reach/The Infected campaign rulesets where "Factions" can supplant these players inability/lack of desire to join a guild. That's as far as I'd want to see them cater to this group. Crafting and Gathering is highly complex and requires dependence on other humans to produce anything of meaning. This is intended to encourage players to socialize and talk with another. Talking and social experiences increase the feeling of community.

Community keeps players attached to a game. Overcoming a difficult supply and manufacturing process will likely encourage feelings of success and achievement. These keep people coming back. So too does winning a campaign. Those are the objectives of this game; not pandering to solo players.

I personally agree with you.

But, and it's a big but, in Shadowbane this problem was real and killed population in my opinion. I expect it to be real here too.

Basically, in a PvP - GvG game with asset destruction where many new players have never even had a "G" at all, if you don't make it super easy for them to do that you will have extremely high attrition rates. That's bad for the wolves.

50 minutes ago, scree said:

8 minutes ago, coolwaters said:

I personally agree with you.

But, and it's a big but, in Shadowbane this problem was real and killed population in my opinion. I expect it to be real here too.

Basically, in a PvP - GvG game with asset destruction where many new players have never even had a "G" at all, if you don't make it super easy for them to do that you will have extremely high attrition rates. That's bad for the wolves.

You could add additional assets and make essentially a 2nd mini game. There are whole games dedicated to this type of game play and they would be able to do it better. You could possibly make a small tribes campaign and limit the number of people that can be in a tribe. A tribe would be a sub system of the regular guild system that has limitations. You could even add in things where small tribes come in and play in the big boy campaigns by subbing to a large guild. Get rid of the fealty and sub system in these small campaigns. I'm all for trying to figure out ways to have small groups of players (5 to 10) after the game launches, but I don't think you can make single player work unless you want to hang out in EK's. One of the biggest issues I see is given the skill system and the amount of things you are going to need to make a powerful character, its going to make it hard for a single player to do all that.

Add a persistent PVP world with fun objectives and you can import anything you want from your EK. You'd stlil have the issues of groups joining and steam rolling a player.