Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ZeulSaijin

very professional ...triple A

it suppose to have a weekend open to test  (real test pvp as teh game is center not to build sand castles )  ..of course for the ones  eligible for testing

omg there were 3 bugs and all teh 3 devs are in weekend , "sry we will open testing next week" waht a  ??  R U SERIOUS ?

ok nm  but with this attitude boys and girls is not how it is done . i especially purchase to test the game in this weekend  and many are like me ( Me and 3 friends of mine) , i dont care about some bugs is PREALFA as u always scream , just  fkin let us roam the hills and test some of the game, the PVP as u say this is a pvp game.

But thanks allot , u just let us test how to build a hole in dirt , or make a sand castle ,if u ask Me not even in the lowest pre pre pre alphas i didnt got lied about days of testings, were testers can indeed test the game, and i was testing from Eve and Anarchy online to Darkfall and other poorly made socks sadbox pvp/pve games.

you guys got 12 million $ from backers , u r not an sheet  indie company !! wake up no one should ever ever make what u just did , and i dont wana ofense u , i want to help you in teh long time future , you jsut cant do that

Keep up good job !! at least dont make a schedule in order to people invest in your game adn then u dont keep your word

UNPROFESIONAL 

PS:  all i saw form a dev ( idon know  if it was a dev lol , but i think it was some with ranks ,as he speak mandatory in chat ) says , " ok we sry about bugs .. we will test the game later this week so stay cool"  WTF & R O F  L??!

Edited by ZeulSaijin

Uh...if this is an example of the gatekeepers of our mutual future, be very very afraid.

The purpose of playtesting is primarily to find bugs. The playtest was run for enough time to find some severe game-breaking bugs which made continued testing with these bugs still active not a viable option. These bugs would in a very short period of time prevent you from roaming the hills and PvPing...so whether they left the test running or not, the result would have been the same.

It sucks, this is not the first time and it will not be the last, but this is what happens when the majority of your bug-finding occurs in short-duration external testing. You paid for early access, and you have that access...does not mean you will always be able to take advantage of it. Such is life. Get used to it.

6 minutes ago, Anthrage said:

Uh...if this is an example of the gatekeepers of our mutual future, be very very afraid.

The purpose of playtesting is primarily to find bugs. The playtest was run for enough time to find some severe game-breaking bugs which made continued testing with these bugs still active not a viable option. These bugs would in a very short period of time prevent you from roaming the hills and PvPing...so whether they left the test running or not, the result would have been the same.

It sucks, this is not the first time and it will not be the last, but this is what happens when the majority of your bug-finding occurs in short-duration external testing. You paid for early access, and you have that access...does not mean you will always be able to take advantage of it. Such is life. Get used to it.

it is primary to bugs when u DONT charge 70 EURO and say ( come faster or u wont get in this phase of testing )

When u say that u will fkin keep your word baby , im not bout my $ spend,  but eyah i spend them because of some lies  come from the devs that make this game , this is fo real im not afraid to say it , iw as in aplhas and betas before pay or not pay  and that is sad BUT more sad is that im not the only one that think that

it aint a good way to deal testing, at least say : " we dont care who buy waht and when we test ,no one know when"  and at least Me and others wont pay for testing how to grow or harvest a tree !!!!!!!! 

Edited by ZeulSaijin

Again, you have - and were sold - access to the playtest. The playtest is not up 24/7. There is no difference between being unable to 'play' a.k.a. test Wednesday at 10:00am, when the test is not active, and a weekend when the test is not active because it has been cancelled. Believe me, I want to be in the world pvping as much as you - more so perhaps, since I have been waiting for this game for over 15 years - but some bugs just make it impossible to continue.

For example, a recent similar cancelation occured when a bug slipped through which caused some people to have only a small amount of Hit Points. So instead of have say 45,000 Hit Points, you might have 7. They COULD have left the servers up, and allowed people to play with this low level of HP if they so chose, but not everyone had this bug, so it would not have been a level playing field. These people with 7 HP would have died far more often than normally, which means their equipment would have taken more durability damage, which means people's equipment would have broken, which some people would have complained about, seeking compensation etc...

As for buying for access and not being able to play, there is still value here, as even a week more Skill training that you would have otherwise can make a significant difference. Testing is only in the Pre-Alpha stage, with Alpha and Beta still to go before we even get to Soft Launch...believe me, you will have plenty of time to play, I mean test, before it is over with.

ACE has not lied and the majority of your frustration and disappointment is due to your inability to contextualize the nature of testing and game development. 

The only promise we have is that they are developing a game.  They have not promised us access, and their intended uptime for playtests is not absolute, things happen that bring servers down, especially in development. 

If you can't handle that you should just wait until the game is further along in development. 

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

35 minutes ago, VIKINGNAIL said:

ACE has not lied and the majority of your frustration and disappointment is due to your inability to contextualize the nature of testing and game development. 

The only promise we have is that they are developing a game.  They have not promised us access, and their intended uptime for playtests is not absolute, things happen that bring servers down, especially in development. 

If you can't handle that you should just wait until the game is further along in development. 

to be non  professional upset me , you guys ( i assume u part of dev team or some kind of partners ) make that no one do ,and i mean NO ONE in the world of aplha/beta especial in the area with the  $$ (CHING CHING) on the  table , where u get money from people, u just cant be so unprofessional

i talk with people that pay 500$ as a backer and some 250 $ , this it aint a way to do this thing, ok ok ok  hold one is pre alpha ?! OK i say but u charge and u have scheldue of testing and who test ?? ohh the one that pay real dollars mostly test 

kiss me goodbye for da brothers out there that wana test da game , maybe later this week 

PS : to ban my forum access half an hour after i make this post  is another ..GG

Edited by ZeulSaijin

@ZeulSaijin  If the Dev's lied please provide some sort of supporting info such as a quote, advertisement, something.  I am not sure how you see Tyrant taking the time to say in World Chat "Hey, we missed some things and it is causing a lot of issues so we're going to shutdown so we can fix it" as unprofessional?  Furthermore he gave advanced notice to allow people to remove and stow items.  Lastly they re-opened the worlds to allow additional people who missed the opportunity to remove and stow items.

To me this is the definition of professional.  Accept responsibility, correct the problem and make additional efforts on top of that.  Viking and Anthrage are correct that the Dev's have not promised anything other than the ability to test (when available).

Raging for the sake of raging is called a Tantrum.

1 hour ago, ZeulSaijin said:

to be non  professional upset me , you guys ( i assume u part of dev team or some kind of partners ) make that no one do ,and i mean NO ONE in the world of aplha/beta especial in the area with the  $$ (CHING CHING) on the  table , where u get money from people, u just cant be so unprofessional

i talk with people that pay 500$ as a backer and some 250 $ , this it aint a way to do this thing, ok ok ok  hold one is pre alpha ?! OK i say but u charge and u have scheldue of testing and who test ?? ohh the one that pay real dollars mostly test 

kiss me goodbye for da brothers out there that wana test da game , maybe later this week 

PS : to ban my forum access half an hour after i make this post  is another ..GG

This title is simply for people that have consumed certain packages.  There is no official affiliation with ACE just because someone is a development partner. 

They aren't being unprofessional, they are developing a game but letting the contributing players help develop it from a very early stage.  Most players do not seem to understand the nature of early stage development, so they are getting frustrated by early stage development ups and downs. 

Again, if it frustrates you to experience testing early game development, then wait until later when the experience is more polished. 

ACE is not FORCING you to test the game this early, you are doing it by choice, if you can't handle that, don't get mad at them just because their game is going through normal development growing pains. 

It is ridiculous to voluntarily log into a pre-alpha test and get mad at the developers that you are testing early development systems with early development issues.  

Edited by VIKINGNAIL

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

ZeulSaijin your definition of professionalism is an interesting one. "Let's just push it into players faces in no matter what state product is in" This sounds like something EA or Ubisoft would do and it has nothing to do with being proffesional.

Testing is about finding problems if thoose problems are already found and are so large that testing is pointless then not sending broken version of the game to the servers and going through all the patching stuff and instead fixing the problems is the right and proffesional thing to do.

Edited by RevanM

if the IGNORE hamm didnt come :

to many vs me .. i say what I had to say , you do your thing devs, I wont miss anything il go back to my 2v2 arena (wow)  or play my inivisible Scorpion (War EC)

the thing that make me sad , i see interest no one, but after all i wont give anyone tips on how to behave with their customers  

PS: I invested in games , only in wow for mounts and change names or servers at least 1,5 k $. Will u make me invest more in your game as you do the things ? I aint sure ,you jsut bulpoorly made socks your new people 

how can u have a big green grass if u step , poorly made socks or piss on it ..

Edited by ZeulSaijin

3 hours ago, ZeulSaijin said:

it suppose to have a weekend open to test  (real test pvp as teh game is center not to build sand castles )  ..of course for the ones  eligible for testing

omg there were 3 bugs and all teh 3 devs are in weekend , "sry we will open testing next week" waht a  ??  R U SERIOUS ?

ok nm  but with this attitude boys and girls is not how it is done . i especially purchase to test the game in this weekend  and many are like me ( Me and 3 friends of mine) , i dont care about some bugs is PREALFA as u always scream , just  fkin let us roam the hills and test some of the game, the PVP as u say this is a pvp game.

But thanks allot , u just let us test how to build a hole in dirt , or make a sand castle ,if u ask Me not even in the lowest pre pre pre alphas i didnt got lied about days of testings, were testers can indeed test the game, and i was testing from Eve and Anarchy online to Darkfall and other poorly made socks sadbox pvp/pve games.

you guys got 12 million $ from backers , u r not an sheet  indie company !! wake up no one should ever ever make what u just did , and i dont wana ofense u , i want to help you in teh long time future , you jsut cant do that

Keep up good job !! at least dont make a schedule in order to people invest in your game adn then u dont keep your word

UNPROFESIONAL 

PS:  all i saw form a dev ( idon know  if it was a dev lol , but i think it was some with ranks ,as he speak mandatory in chat ) says , " ok we sry about bugs .. we will test the game later this week so stay cool"  WTF & R O F  L??!

It's a real shame that far too many of those whom buy this game in order to "aid" in testing it aren't doing just that. You can still test quite a few things in the EK. 

While you expect professionalism from the developers of the game, then you should honestly also need look at what kind of desitions they are making.

• When a test is derailing, it is being professional to just let it keep going or is it being professional to make the hard choice and stop the test.

Now you can have your version, but in my book it's making the hard choice that matters.  It's pulling things to a halt before it gets out of hand.  It is doing that which prevents a situation from getting out of control.

I'm sure that the amount of mails that they will get from this situation are quite a lot.  Letting the test run any further will give them even more things to go through and even more problems to deal with.  

• Whom do you honestly think are the ones feeling the most let down?  The creaters whoms hard work and painstaking hours upon hours isn't bearing the fruit they are hoping for - or you?  

Your manners and behavior rival that of a child from whom a lollipop was just taken.  

As for your retorics concerning their business profile and manner of doing things.  There is a limit to what the Devs should put up with and IMO you have crossed it by far.  Where do you get off thinking that such behavior is permittable!??!  

I will just leave you with this advice : 

Just to be perfectly clear you don't miss the important parts : 

• We begin and end with this: Be respectful and courteous to others in our forums.
  • Communicate constructively.

Try and salvage what desency and respect you can for yourself and stop before you embarress yourself any further.

Edited by Soulreaver
Grammar editing

Huginn ok Muninn, fljúga hverjan dag, Jörmungrund yfir; óumk ek of Hugin,, at hann aftr né komi-t, þó sjámk meir of Munin

Gathering of Ranger videos

17 minutes ago, Soulreaver said:

It's a real shame that far too many of those whom buy this game in order to "aid" in testing it aren't doing just that. You can still test quite a few things in the EK. 

While you expect professionalism from the developers of the game, then you should honestly also need look at what kind of desitions they are making.

• When a test is derailing, it is being professional to just let it keep going or is it being professional to make the hard choice and stop the test.

Now you can have your version, but in my book it's making the hard choice that matters.  It's pulling things to a halt before it gets out of hand.  It is doing that which prevents a situation from getting out of control.

I'm sure that the amount of mails that they will get from this situation are quite a lot.  Letting the test run any further will give them even more things to go through and even more problems to deal with.  

• Whom do you honestly think are the ones feeling the most let down?  The creaters whoms hard work and painstaking hours upon hours isn't bearing the fruit they are hoping for - or you?  

Your manners and behavior rival that of a child from whom a lollipop was just taken.  

As for your retorics concerning their business profile and manner of doing things.  There is a limit to what the Devs should put up with and IMO you have crossed it by far.  Where do you get off thinking that such behavior is permittable!??!  

I will just leave you with this advice : 

Just to be perfectly clear you don't miss the important parts : 

• We begin and end with this: Be respectful and courteous to others in our forums.
  • Communicate constructively.

Try and salvage what desency and respect you can for yourself and stop before you embarress yourself any further.

soulbieber .. im so ashame , God if i think or anyone  about the right and wrong , il be like a bull in the new year in Malaesia .. I can stand the sacrifice but you will need to come

Edited by ZeulSaijin

49 minutes ago, ZeulSaijin said:

if the IGNORE hamm didnt come :

to many vs me .. i say what I had to say , you do your thing devs, I wont miss anything il go back to my 2v2 arena (wow)  or play my inivisible Scorpion (War EC)

the thing that make me sad , i see interest no one, but after all i wont give anyone tips on how to behave with their customers  

PS: I invested in games , only in wow for mounts and change names or servers at least 1,5 k $. Will u make me invest more in your game as you do the things ? I aint sure ,you jsut bulpoorly made socks your new people 

how can u have a big green grass if u step , poorly made socks or piss on it ..

ART craft answered every question that ever got to them. They always act nice and treat community as people with brains. No question dodging, no shenanigans, no hogwash.

Their support center is always ready and answers within minutes, I think they don't sleep?!

I can't imagine how could they treat me any better.

4 hours ago, ZeulSaijin said:

it suppose to have a weekend open to test  [...]  WTF & R O F  L??!

While i understand your frustration about not being able to test the campaign servers this weekend, in my experience being sarcastic, emotional, prosecuting , insulting, exaggerating or any other kind of unconstructive is often neither the best way to support the development process nor the best way to be listened to at all.  

If you want to help making the game and tests better, i'd suggest to channel your obvieously existing passion into more constructive directions. Otherwise you will probably only waste time. Yours, ours and theirs. And what should that be good for?

2W1ZHpA.jpg

https://youtu.be/MPm8wswG1qw?t=12m52s

TODD "so many pieces that we've been cooking now for ever...just now starting to hit 90% mark to get in the game at an increased rate...also why our bug level has gone through the roof lately...slamming too much in too fast and lead to some instability but you know, we need to get the game done, so thanks for being patient with us while we work with bugs. our only other option is to stop adding the new stuff and slow down and fix and thats not a good option either."

DAVE: "in a normal game development cycle...just keep cramming stuff in and fix it later, we don't really need to play it that much now"

TODD: "makes it tough on your guys if you show up on the weekend expecting a playable game...sorry sometimes we know we just shouldn't run it...and i've had a couple of weekends recently where i felt like we should of made that call and didn't"

good luck with that sugoi application. perhaps spam more videos at them in their thread - throw in some more racist and homophobic slurs, guilds love that, and tell them "to hell" with them again?

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

@ZeulSaijin , I saw you were disappointed with not being able to test this week.
I am also in your condition, but if I can tell you a little story of my work ...
I work for a large bank in italy, (of which I do not want to name it for advertising purposes)
My company gives me the goals i have to reach, and if I can not reach them, I take a sermon from my superiors, even hard ... it's already happened ... unfortunately ...
I am convinced that somebody in Artcraft has taken a sermon for what happened this week, but we must consider that they are hard working guys, mistakes happen (We are humans after all), and the biggest damage give it to them, before us ...

We have to be patient without getting angry, this is a pre-alpha game after all...and if you get angry for a missed test, what will happen when someone kills you in the game and steals everything? I do not want to be close to you when it happens ahahah !! :lol:

I believe that a your rethinking, and an apology post would make the developers happy. At the end of life there are more important things to which it is worth getting angry.

A friendly greeting ;)

Hubo

Edited by hubo

12 minutes ago, hubo said:

I am convinced that somebody in Artcraft has taken a sermon for what happened this week, but we must consider that they are hard working guys, mistakes happen (We are humans after all), and the biggest damage give it to them, before us ...

We have to be patient without getting angry, this is a pre-alpha game after all...and if you get angry for a missed test, what will happen when someone kills you in the game and steals everything? I do not want to be close to you when it happens ahahah !! :lol:

I believe that a your rethinking, and an apology post would make the developers happy. At the end of life there are more important things to which it is worth getting angry.

A friendly greeting ;)

Hubo

I think nobody at ACE is at fault. Finding BUGS is what they are supposed to be doing, the playtest exist to find BUGS! Complaining about bugs at pre-alpha is idiocy. The TEST comes before the PLAY.

9 minutes ago, BarriaKarl said:

I think nobody at ACE is at fault. Finding BUGS is what they are supposed to be doing, the playtest exist to find BUGS! Complaining about bugs at pre-alpha is idiocy. The TEST comes before the PLAY.

You are right to 100%, correct!
But people are not all equal, and many think differently
Sometimes people write something without thinking about the consequences, making us carry out emotions. As I said before, we are just human, and humans are still far from perfection...

But we're working on ... no? :)