Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Poll: Additional General Skill Trains for VIP Membership

Additional General Skill Trains for VIP  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Are you FOR or AGAINST VIP granting additional General Skill Trains?

• I am IN FAVOR of VIP granting additional general skill trains
    • I am AGAINST VIP granting additional general skill trains

The purpose of this poll is to gauge player interest for the idea of VIP granting an additional 2 general skill trains. Additional general skill trains would function similar to the additional archetype skill trains VIP membership already grants in that you wouldn’t be able to “double dip” and instead can only train 1 combat, 1 crafting and 1 exploration skill at a time.

Please vote and leave comments.

EDIT: I'd ask that everyone only vote once per person. Don't load in 10 alt accounts to skew the vote please.

Edited by blazzen

Blazzen <Lords of Death>

YouTube - Twitch - Guild

I think it would be fine. There are downsides. It may make people a bit less reliant on others and it may contribute to the perception that the game is pay2win.

Personally, I am fine with incentives to subscribe. There are worse forms of "pay2win" than a flat monthly fee. If the game isn't profitable it won't survive.

IhhQKY6.gif

Just giving more general skill trains with the system the way it is now is a very bad idea IMO. 

If you give more general trains to people with VIP you must limit how they can access those trained skills just like they do with the AT training.  There would need to be a way with vessel selection or some other way to limit which general skills you have access to depending on which vessel you have equipped and how it was made.  In short, IF this is a thing that happens, there needs to be a way in the vessel creation process to pick Combat, Exploration, or Crafting skill trees that the specific vessel will have access too.

Personally I think if they open up general skills training they need to give it to everyone VIP and B2P accounts.

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

12 minutes ago, destrin said:

Just giving more general skill trains with the system the way it is now is a very bad idea IMO. 

If you give more general trains to people with VIP you must limit how they can access those trained skills just like they do with the AT training.  There would need to be a way with vessel selection or some other way to limit which general skills you have access to depending on which vessel you have equipped and how it was made.  In short, IF this is a thing that happens, there needs to be a way in the vessel creation process to pick Combat, Exploration, or Crafting skill trees that the specific vessel will have access too.

Personally I think if they open up general skills training they need to give it to everyone VIP and B2P accounts.

as a side note - it seems a shame they have moved away from vessel quality limiting maximum stats and skill training until upgraded - for examples like this, but also as a means to help level the playing field between trained combat accounts versus newbies or harvesters/crafters - at least for the start of a campaign world until things get up and running...

(my own view on this issue is inherently combat training itself is the issue for both power inflation and min max alt accounts - move all that to AT levels versus other decisions and make everyone be a harvester or crafting regardless of their interest...)

Edited by Tinnis

Nope, there is already going to be a massive power gap between old players and new players now you want to widen that gap even more? The only reason that they allow 3 AT training at once is those skill trees only effect those AT vessels the skill trees effect across the board 

I don't know if you could consider that pay to win though honestly, that is just kind of like pay for more self sufficiency, it would actually allow smaller guilds to better compete in the long run imo

8 minutes ago, NchDu said:

NO!

i am against p2w..

Then it wont stop you from being for this. 

There is nothing they can do to VIP that can make it pay2win.

VIP is something that can be earned in-game so no amount of money will give you an advantage.

Edited by Vectious

CfWBSig.png

8 minutes ago, Vectious said:

Its something that can be earned in-game so no amount of money will give you an advantage.

thats how almost all f2p games work

you CAN earn earn everything ingame but you will need to farm years to get all that stuff without paying.

Edited by drunk

Crowfall Wiki

Just now, drunk said:

thats how almost all f2p games work

you CAN earn earn ingame but you will need to farm years to get all thats stuff without paying.

Thats literally zero games I have ever played that are F2P work. 

CfWBSig.png

So when people say "pay to win" does that have a specific meaning?

Like, is Crowfall already "pay to win" because you have to spend money to play?

Or does "pay to win" mean that you literally "win" by paying?

IhhQKY6.gif

This conversation is devolving in to a "What is P2W" argument faster than the other thread.... The line for P2W is different for everyone.  So instead of one person saying "it's p2w", then the next guy saying "no it's not" how bout we talk about the merits and pitfalls of the system described.

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

6 minutes ago, Jah said:

Or does "pay to win" mean that you literally "win" by paying?

"pay to win"  is everything that gives you an advantage by throwing more money at a game.

Crowfall Wiki

Just now, drunk said:

"pay to win"  is everything that gives you an advantage by throwing more money at a game.

So every game F2P out there? Whats the point of that optional sub if it doesn't get you anything? and its not lke you can throw unlimited money at the game like some F2P games with Cash-shops (which is were stuff becomes P2W for ME)

I kinda wish CF would just become Sub based game. Most F2P games with Optional subs turn into people complaining about a P2W consept. Hell or even be like EvE and just say "Fine, if you dont pay the sub you can only train the X% of skills.."

Xeilias - Through Strength of Arms, We Bring Peace

25 minutes ago, Vectious said:

Then it wont stop you from being for this. 

There is nothing they can do to VIP that can make it pay2win.

VIP is something that can be earned in-game so no amount of money will give you an advantage.

hm i my opinion they could (and hopely wont) cancel all general skills except for those being VIP.

*cha-ching*

=P

Just now, tigari said:

So every game F2P out there?

yes? there is a reason why f2p games are hated by alot of people.

1 minute ago, tigari said:

Whats the point of that optional sub if it doesn't get you anything? 

i don't know
maybe skins? convenient stuff? 

3 minutes ago, tigari said:

I kinda wish CF would just become Sub based game. Most F2P games with Optional subs turn into people complaining about a P2W consept.

for me, the most important thing is that there are enough people playing Crowfall. It's a niche MMO and most people wont even try it if there is a paywall.

Crowfall Wiki

So, apprently I clicked Yes with this.. and In my head i was clicking NO. WHile i hate the f2p arguement, i am fine with were ViP is right now.

Xeilias - Through Strength of Arms, We Bring Peace

One thing for the P2W crowd to consider is the fact that you'll be able to get VIP membership without paying RL money. ACE has plans for a subscription token that can be traded in game (similar to PLEX in Eve). So a player who wants VIP but doesn't want to pay RL money can trade in game items/currency to a player who has purchased the token with RL money and get a VIP subscription that way. 

Blazzen <Lords of Death>

YouTube - Twitch - Guild