Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ACE Q&A for May - Official discussion thread

I dislike that you answer the most dumbed down version of each question.

For the harvesting skills question, it's clear that the problem is that it takes longer to train harvesting than either crafting or combat, and that it's going to be a real custard problem at release when it takes 9 months to get 4 pips in say copper ore, while still having only 1 or 2 in all the other nodes.  700+ days to master Ore harvesting.  Whacking on a gold node is not substantively different than whacking on a copper node.  Why do they require different skill lines with no overlap?

What's Todd been doing, haven't seen him in a QnA in a while? Also, did he join Dogget's Rebellion to grow a beard till they work on ForgeMaser? :P

Nice answers though, good to know that we'll need to plant Trees of Life. Thought they'd just sprout when a seige begins :P

KGV_sig.png

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

Enjoyed the info on this weeks update ... Thanks to the Partners who spent some time asking some questions with some depth! 

I still feel like the VIP versus the Alt option is not yet in sync with the 'no player can be an island' philosophy. It still feels a bit wobbly for me and I sure hope the team can align their vision with the actual mechanics

Don't forget, the one EK that no one will judge you for looting your guilds treasury is Anhrez's Doober Shack. Where you can take those long con gains and 'simplify' them to more easily fit in your inventory. While you are unloading your hard earned winnings, swing by the Bazaar and pick up something to celebrate your genius.

LR0tCJt.png

21 minutes ago, durenthal said:

I dislike that you answer the most dumbed down version of each question.

For the harvesting skills question, it's clear that the problem is that it takes longer to train harvesting than either crafting or combat, and that it's going to be a real custard problem at release when it takes 9 months to get 4 pips in say copper ore, while still having only 1 or 2 in all the other nodes.  700+ days to master Ore harvesting.  Whacking on a gold node is not substantively different than whacking on a copper node.  Why do they require different skill lines with no overlap?

This. Shouldn't harvesting training times be somewhat similar to what crafting is? 

1 minute ago, Rikutatis said:

This. Shouldn't harvesting training times be somewhat similar to what crafting is? 

My thoughts exactly.

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

10 minutes ago, anhrezcf said:

Enjoyed the info on this weeks update ... Thanks to the Partners who spent some time asking some questions with some depth! 

I still feel like the VIP versus the Alt option is not yet in sync with the 'no player can be an island' philosophy. It still feels a bit wobbly for me and I sure hope the team can align their vision with the actual mechanics

Anytime players are not asked to actively play to progress in skill this will always be an issue with alt-accounts.

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

4 minutes ago, VIKINGNAIL said:

Anytime players are not asked to actively play to progress in skill this will always be an issue with alt-accounts.

The move a year-or-so back away from passive training with an active overlay to just passive was always going to be trouble.

Edited by mctan

Some interesting tidbits.

• Seasons don't affect ore/mineral node output, probably trees as well.
  • Auto run key someday.
  • Account name/reputation is tied to your in game account.
  • POI resources have a snare effect while carried.
  • Skills change is from 1-100 to 1-5 with greater jumps.

Very informative.

42 minutes ago, VIKINGNAIL said:

The youtube says something about a TTK question but I don't think I heard an answer for such a question.

Thanks for pointing this out. It was edited out after I wrote the description. I've updated the article now to remove it. 

8:35 was definitely the best reveal of from this Q&A. Confirmed account names are character names. HUGE fan of this move as it means people will actually have to worry about their reputation with the bonus of idiots on the forum not being able to hide behind fake names.

I love it.

Just now, Zybak said:

8:35 was definitely the best reveal of from this Q&A. Confirmed account names are character names. HUGE fan of this move as it means people will actually have to worry about their reputation with the bonus of idiots on the forum not being able to hide behind fake names.

I love it.

As long as they clarify what they are doing with character name reservation kickstarter perk. 

Also are you the same zybak that made a youtube video of beating vanguards once in a skirmish?

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

18 minutes ago, Pann said:

Thanks for pointing this out. It was edited out after I wrote the description. I've updated the article now to remove it. 

Can we have a look at the un-edited version?

6 minutes ago, Zybak said:

I love it.

I don't know that this was a reveal so much as a reminder. I think they said that was how it was going to be awhile ago.