Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Something is coming - Official discussion thread

11 hours ago, armegeddon said:

This would actually be pretty amazing, AT without the race restriction (within reason). Kind of like Shadowbane. Somehow I highly doubt it, unfortunately. 

Here's hoping for larger map, 24/7 servers and a test server.

I can almost guarantee this (edit: removal of race restrictions) is not going to happen. First they don't have the resources to do all of the animations for all of the skills on all of the races.

Realistic guess will be 24/7 up time of a limited campaign world, along with first pass testing of vessels and disciplines to be available by the end of the summer.

Perhaps another round of investment opportunities?

Edited by Verot

3 hours ago, scree said:

Of the remaining three, Guilds don't really have lore or artwork they can tie together (remember all of next week is teaser images, tables, lore) so it can't be that.

Gotta disagree... There can easily be lore related to guilds (Malekai's Guild of Spiders? The Sailors of Maeve?) and there's artwork possibilities (guild emblems, cloaks, banners and guildhall decoration,...)

The last sentence says we're not going to believe it and we're going to love it

Therefore it's obviously something that everyone will love - kind of rules out the Asian partner Idea - as only the eastern market will love it.

Its gonna be something they haven't really made much of a mention of (if at all) up to this point - so disciplines are kind of ruled out too I think

uGlR0Ph.png

7 hours ago, Verot said:

I can almost guarantee this (edit: removal of race restrictions) is not going to happen. First they don't have the resources to do all of the animations for all of the skills on all of the races.

Realistic guess will be 24/7 up time of a limited campaign world, along with first pass testing of vessels and disciplines to be available by the end of the summer.

Perhaps another round of investment opportunities?

Believe me, I know...unfortunately. They are still  ATs waiting to be introduced. They would basically have to tailor class animations to every model (eg. Templar animations to elkin model). It would still be amazing though...one can always wish.

Edited by armegeddon

4 hours ago, Eaden said:

Well, we have almost every archetypes, combat is ready, campaign and factions are ready, EKs are ready, skill trees are ready, PoIs are ready, the disciplines must be on the verge to be ready...

I say Beta with constant servers. :)

Not sure, the performance is still way down to open up for beta, if it does, we gonna see a lot of angry reviews from people who don't care about the "core systems" and more about "the playability itself".

I still think about campaign 24/7 and as some pointed, changed to alpha term, beta is quite too soon i think.

WnxjrJ9.gif

Thelanas Kar'Pal Membre fondateur de l'alliance Naerth en 2001 - Ex Shadowbane European Advisor Damnation/Carnage/Vindication/Corruption http://www.twitch.tv/gorwald/profile

16 hours ago, YouTubejasonwivart said:

If crowfall didn't resemble a MOBA at all there never would have been the threads/comments about it. They have a ton of elements of a MOBA you just don't want to admit it for some reason. Is it a moba? NO. A game that has a beginning, middle, and an end is a lot more like a MOBA than a MMO. You have win conditions which are more MOBA than MMO, you have archetpyes which are all very Moba like character. Yes, they expand on these things and give the player more control over their character development like a MMO and yes there is some persistence where as moba's have none. MOBA + MMO = Crowfall

Sorry but NO

A game that have a beginning, middle and and end? Well RTS/TBS have that, as does FPS games, I could go on traditional MMO's are about the only genre of games that DON'T have that, and well RTS/TBS are way closer in length per match to a MOBA than CF will ever be, so that pretty much a non-argument there.

Win conditions well again that pretty much the same as above, as that assume and end, so again a non-argument.

AT's? Ehh with the amount of customization (and more is even coming, we know that for sure (disciplines, advantages/disadvantage, promotions)) that is WAY closer to an RPG (both of the MMO type and non-MMO type), so again not really fitting either.

And as you mention yourself, persistence which MOBA have none to very little of, WAY WAY WAY less than CF will ahve for sure.

So try again tell me something that actually defines a MOBA that have something similar in Crowfall, rather than something that define 50%+ of game genres in general...

4 hours ago, StefKalisch said:

as pang already stated it (see above) , it must be D'Orion. So we will encounter the world of the Gods. But is it "massive". Well, remains to be seen.

The D'Orion original artwork showed off an Elken with a much more pronounced antler set. The image above has what appears to be a standard Elken set of antlers. No munching on hearts, and he doesn't appear to be a "God of the Sky Hunt". 

https://crowfall.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/dorion.jpg

Also notice that this profile does not show off nor indicate anything about him walking around in massive Plate Armor, nor why he would be carrying a flaming sword. This is a case of "Not all Elken are D'Orion, but D'Orion is clearly an Elken" type mistaken identity.

5 hours ago, StefKalisch said:

as pang already stated it (see above) , it must be D'Orion. So we will encounter the world of the Gods. But is it "massive". Well, remains to be seen.

Yeah that was just my first impression.

Thinking about it more and reading what others said I'm leaning more towards a Promotion system reveal like Scree alluded to and I replied to at the bottom of the last page. Something to do with the gods just doesn't seems massive so to speak as we know pretty much a lot about them already. But a revamped Promotion system that others depth and customization on the same level as Vessels and Discipline system would quality as a "massive" impactful reveal, IMO.

Edited by pang

1 minute ago, starrshipcs said:

Lots of dead space on that testing calendar after this weekend... 24/7 test servers seems likely.

Highly probable - but doesn't explain the first art clue - An Elken who doesn't appear to be a stalker :)

uGlR0Ph.png

I'm guessing there will be a bit of "all of the above". That looks like a templar class elken for sure. 

Edit: just checked Arkons lore and D'Orion is in Arkons bloodline, so it follows from that perspective as well. 

Edited by starrshipcs

9 minutes ago, moneda said:

In regards to the artwork accompanying this announcement, I doubt it's a rendition of D'Orion. The name of the file is simply Elken_conept_full.jpg (sic). It seems to be just a Stalker... with a two-handed, fiery sword. :huh:

I doubt they would name the file "dorion_secret_hint.jpg"

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

18 minutes ago, moneda said:

In regards to the artwork accompanying this announcement, I doubt it's a rendition of D'Orion. The name of the file is simply Elken_conept_full.jpg (sic). It seems to be just a Stalker... with a two-handed, fiery sword. :huh:

unless 'conept' is secret ace code for 'inept' and 'con' </s>

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

My guess: the whole mechanic of playing in faction or guild, in reference to siege, fidelity tree, kneeling and embargo.

The image? Probably D'Orion, which has his own faction.

Catelyn: War will make them old, as it did us. I pity them.
Mathis: Why? Look at them. They're young and strong, full of life and laughter. And lust, aye, more lust than they know what to do with. There will be many a bastard bred this night, I promise you. Why pity?
Catelyn: Because it will not last. Because they are the knights of summer, and winter is coming.

A Clash of Kings, Chapter 22, Catelyn II.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crowfall Discord Channels: international (english) - italiano