Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Something is coming - Official discussion thread

13 hours ago, Verot said:

I can almost guarantee this (edit: removal of race restrictions) is not going to happen. First they don't have the resources to do all of the animations for all of the skills on all of the races.

Realistic guess will be 24/7 up time of a limited campaign world, along with first pass testing of vessels and disciplines to be available by the end of the summer.

Perhaps another round of investment opportunities?

I think its completely possible. 

Let me explain why.

They opened pandora's box with discipline runes and 100's of new abilities that have to be compatible across up to 13 archetypes. This would drive a default animation design stand-point. You cant use take 100+ animations and reproduce those across 13 archetypes individually, no way, they had to recreate the way to implement generic, universial animations.

Once they have this, the next logical step is to look at the 40-50~ current archetype static powers and ask the question "why cant we convert these to the generic template?"

Obviously, theres some that would be incompatible, which is fine. 

Also, its important to note that the root animation being removed from 95% of the abilities opened the options up here as well.

Their wording is important to look at. 

you’re not going to believe it. And you’re going to love it

This points to either something that is completely new to us, something that was not originally part of the launch build. Or something that did get brought up but at the time was shot down because the current tech they had would make it incompatible with their designs. 

If it was something as simple as they are releasing CW next week or something that we know is coming eventually, they would just release it the same way Big World was. So its has to be adding fudge to our vanilla icecream. 

Edited by Vectious

CfWBSig.png

In the May Q&A they indicated they have a test server and an active server. We play on the active server. They indicated this summer (sometime) they will implement a third server to go in between those two servers as a further buffer to the active server. I think when that third server is implemented then we will get 24/7 servers.

3 minutes ago, Jesteric said:

In the May Q&A they indicated they have a test server and an active server. We play on the active server. They indicated this summer (sometime) they will implement a third server to go in between those two servers as a further buffer to the active server. I think when that third server is implemented then we will get 24/7 servers.

That's how that generally works... Yes....

Does Friday of this week count as next week?  I might be wrong, but I expected this to start Sunday or Monday (The week starts on Sunday!  *wink x2*).

How Can Mounts Add to the Crowfall Experience?  Caravans, Hunting Boars, and more.

How Complex can Mining be in Crowfall?  Mining difficulty, fatigue, infrastructure.

2 minutes ago, sneaky_squirrel said:

Does Friday of this week count as next week?  I might be wrong, but I expected this to start Sunday or Monday (The week starts on Sunday!  *wink x2*).

Damb.  Totally skipped over the "next week" part of that announcement.

Based on the language... I would venture a guess that neither the "24/7 servers" nor the "removal of race restrictions" updates are it. They've already said that 24/7 test servers will be coming, so that wouldn't make sense as an announcement of this caliber. The removal of race restrictions would be more likely, since that's a huge change and one that has not yet been even suggested. The initial tease of a strangely-equipped murdeer would seem to support this.

However, I don't think this particular update is going to be either.

I honestly have no idea what it could be.

Formerly Scin Karetyr, a native of Chilastra in Star Wars Galaxies

4 minutes ago, coolwaters said:

I chewed on this overnight and this has to be the Track mechanic.

My best guess.

Seems like a good guess. I'd broaden that to include revamped stealth as well. So, the whole "stealth, anti-stealh system."

IhhQKY6.gif

2 minutes ago, coolster50 said:

Maybe we're focusing too much on the Elken and not enough on what the Elken is fighting.

I dunno I think it is important that the elken is wielding some sort of fiery or holy 2hand sword of light.

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

Just now, VIKINGNAIL said:

I dunno I think it is important that the elken is wielding some sort of fiery or holy 2hand sword of light.

Are we sure the sword is fiery, or is it just the sunset reflecting off the blade?

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

33 minutes ago, VIKINGNAIL said:

Could that sword also be one that contains a Thrall enhancement...   could be that a part of this is the thrall reveal, where they exist in the world, how to capture them with a soulgem and how to place the enhanced gem in workstations, NPC buildings and weapon recipes?

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

10 minutes ago, Frykka said:

Could that sword also be one that contains a Thrall enhancement...   could be that a part of this is the thrall reveal, where they exist in the world, how to capture them with a soulgem and how to place the enhanced gem in workstations, NPC buildings and weapon recipes?

It could also be something completely unexpected and surprising, like removing the race/class restrictions.

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

My first guess:

Alpha 1 announced, 24/7 servers and test server calendar

Assassin live, Stalker powers and the full stealth-reveal mechanic

Across the board skill revamp including the Stealth and Tracking skill trees, changes in ttt and the "Bird of Prey" 5 stage skill ticks

Basic game loop live with win conditions for the first module ruleset

Thrall mechanics, capture and slotting

Vessel and promotion class enhancements to vessels

First set of disciplines live

Edited by Frykka

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

Well my first guess was that classes and races will be seperated or something similar, cant wait for more infos :D

Edited by Ferum