Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Pann

The opposite of fire - Official discussion thread

To me the most intriguing part is the last two lines :

Our time is at an end. The Godsong has two parts: The Song of Creation, music that flows and shifts with the power of Chaos, and the Words of Power, unchanging incantations of Order that bind our world together.

Seek a new master. Perhaps your wandering intellect would do better with the former. It is clear you have no the mind for the latter.

1459889836-gein-william.png

The Lore talks about student being told by master to change paths to new learning, new skills. Same that would happen when we train though skill trees then take a promotion that sets us to a different or further path.  Sticking with my Promotions guess from the last thread.

So to relate from last teaser Elkin/Stalker using Long sword and Heavy Armor, possibly gained through Promotions. Common thread could be changing paths of training and/or deeper learning in current path. Hence Promotions.

Edited by pang

Maybe all of the remaining classes are being released?

Frostweaver, Stalker, Forgemaster and Assassin?

Along with some of the associated skills - tracking and stealth

Edited by Badwolfe

uGlR0Ph.png

7 minutes ago, Badwolfe said:

Maybe all of the remaining classes are being released?

Frostweaver, Stalker, Forgemaster and Assassin?

Along with some of the associated skills - tracking and stealth

Well i don't think they could find the time to complete all of those in such a quick amount of time.

And if they didn't then the big reveal is like "Archetypes are coming!" which would be the ultimately lame thing.

It might be a developmental partnership and the result actually is being able to completely them quickly. 

CfWBSig.png

10 minutes ago, Vectious said:

Well i don't think they could find the time to complete all of those in such a quick amount of time.

And if they didn't then the big reveal is like "Archetypes are coming!" which would be the ultimately lame thing.

It might be a developmental partnership and the result actually is being able to completely them quickly. 

Well who's to say the others classes haven't been being worked on simultaneously? Along with things like tracking and stealth these would be a major advancement to the game as it currently stands. 

All classes in game could warrant the game moving from pre-alpha into an alpha state as would 24/7 servers which hopefully come with a move into alpha. So yeah this would be a pretty big announcement that no one would believe was happening this quickly and everyone would love :)

Edited by Badwolfe

uGlR0Ph.png

Something big is coming - the opposite of fire.  It is probably climate changes or a new CW - winter is coming.  My guess at this point is they are introducing some mob into the game like Wyvern.

or Runes as I am sure there is one allows a fessor to do ice damage.

I give up until the reveal.

Edited by Mr. Kurtz

19 minutes ago, pang said:

So to relate from last teaser Elkin/Stalker using Long sword and Heavy Armor, possibly gained through Promotions. Common thread could be changing paths of training and/or deeper learning in current path. Hence Promotions.

It could just be a D'Orion portrait.

Shadowbane - House Avari/Hy'shen
"Gimp elves get good elves killed." - Belina

Avari Discord - https://discord.gg/Bch24PV

1 minute ago, Mr. Kurtz said:

Something big is coming - the opposite of fire.  It is probably climate changes or a new CW - winter is coming.  My guess at this point is they are introducing some mob into the game like Wyvern.

or Runes as I am sure that one allows a fessor to do ice damage

Yo, Maybe they'll introduce the first start to campains, with seasons and all that.

I get "releasing all archtypes, adding guild support and win conditions, discipline and vessel use, as well as performance tweaks" from this hint..

Reading too much into it? Nevah!

Tell me, my young student, is it that you do not understand or that you do not wish to see?

Ours is a world of opposites. For every one thing, there is another. Dark and light, moon and sun, life and death. What, then, do you suppose to be the opposite of fire? Ice?

No, fool of a student.  Fire is the action, Smoke the result. In the same way, ice is not the action. The opposite of fire is frost. Frost is the action, ice the result.

After careful research and painful crypograping. I have figured it out. See the bolded letters.

Illuminati confirmed. 

CfWBSig.png

We’re kicking off our “Massive Reveal” Teaser Week with some double scoop goodness about one of our favorite archetypes, the Frostweaver: a new concept piece and a new bit of lore that delves into Frostweaving, Pyromancy and the origin of the magical arts.

Double release today?

Edited by coolster50

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

Even though i dont like it seems like free class choices may be coming. If i got the lore right we have a frostweaver student being reccomended to change to a confessor tutor.

" For many years, I have tried to teach you. I see it is to no avail. "

Edited by BarriaKarl