Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The opposite of fire - Official discussion thread

So I'm gonna make my guess as to the Big reveal.  Repost them everyday, even if it sounds exceptionally dumb at the time.  Lets see if I can get it right.

Three Big changes

Disciplines - All ATs will now have access to their Disciplines for their class.  Due to wanting to test it out (and things not be gated behind skill training at first) Disciplines will require you to equip a passive. Granting you access to skills of that discipline.  (You can only equip one Discipline at a time)

Gods Reach - A new CW is added in the form of Gods Reach, a big world map split into multiple factions.  Each faction will have a keep that they can build utilizing local POIs and carting their materials to their keep. Be vigilant though, as carting material slows you down and other Factions can loot you. This is important as each keep requires a material tied exclusive to multiple POIs. So you have to enter Enemy territory to obtain it. If those materials are not looted off from you, they will fizzle out when you resurrect. 

Factories - are now added to the game. When opened factories will show a screen with a Blueprint slot, a feeder cache and an output cache. Equipping the factory with a blueprint and providing materials for it will produce mass produced materials. However blueprints will have a max quantity of 20 units it can produce. Mass produced materials cannot be blueprinted.

Other but notable changes

Crafting -

• New item: Artisan Kit.  Requires 100 wood, 100 ore, and 100 stone.  Artisan kit when consumed grants a 5 minute buff, that dramatically increases Assembly and Experimentation rates. 

Spirit Banks -

• Spirit Banks can only be accessed at temples or keeps. And can no longer be accessed if you are in combat or stealthed.
  • Spirit Banks will be wiped.

Harvesting -

• Chest no longer produce leather or apples.
  • Animals now scale in level depending on what server they are on.

Assassin added to the game.

Ask yourselves:  Why would the god of Order receive a gift of Chaos (fire)?  Why would the god of Chaos receive a gift of Order (frost)?

Why would a God of the Hunt be given the weapons of a Templar?

Nazdar

Proud member of The Hunger

58 minutes ago, Nazdar said:

Ask yourselves:  Why would the god of Order receive a gift of Chaos (fire)?  Why would the god of Chaos receive a gift of Order (frost)?

Cause Valkyn got lazy and said, "I ain't got time fo' dis! Eenie Meenie Arkyn gets the sun; Kane gets the moon. Now get outta here!"

:P

KGV_sig.png

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

5 hours ago, Purpearl said:

To me the most intriguing part is the last two lines :

Our time is at an end. The Godsong has two parts: The Song of Creation, music that flows and shifts with the power of Chaos, and the Words of Power, unchanging incantations of Order that bind our world together.

Seek a new master. Perhaps your wandering intellect would do better with the former. It is clear you have no the mind for the latter.

This is about the end days of campaigns, the inner dilemma: changing to winner side or remain with yours loyal comrades (although loosing is at sight).

Edited by Tofyzer

Summary of what we have so far:

"Something is coming, and it is… MASSIVE!"

"You’re not going to believe it. And you’re going to love it."

Concept Art:  

• Elken using Templar gear
  • Frostweaver freezing things

New Lore:  

• Frost is the opposite of Fire
  • Arkon (Order) gifted Fire (Chaos)
  • Kane (Chaos) gifted Frost (Order)

Screenshots:  ???

Design Tables:  ???

The paradox of gods receiving ill-fitting gifts may imply nothing in regards to the big reveal.  It might be an illustration of how the student of Frost is ill-suited for Order and should switch to the Chaos of Fire.

But it makes me wonder... From a lore perspective, what separates Order from The Hunger?  They both seem to crystallize things.  Is it that The Hunger consumes until there is Nothing?

Nazdar

4 hours ago, soulein said:

Anthropomorphic animal races are almost as silly and stupid as kusarigamas.

I'd much rather have a kusarigama wielding frostweaver than robed mages with scepters and knights in plate and red cape :P

On topic: Reveal will be something related to a new revamped magic / skill system

What about vessels with primary and secondary archetypes, similar to the original Guild Wars professions?
A stalker that looks like a templar, a frostweaver with a weapon not present on the original concept art, the paradoxical dichotomy of the gifts and the many relations between fire and frost, chaos and order,...

Todd getting into the office full of excitement.
"I had a vision, and there were centaurs, centaurs everywhere.
Centaurs with bows, centaurs with pistols, centaurs with books, with scepters, with blades and axes.
We need this."

Edited by Thevo

4 hours ago, ren said:

" No, fool of a student.  Fire is the action, Smoke the result. In the same way, ice is not the action. The opposite of fire is frost. Frost is the action, ice the result. "

Someone should tell George that he got it wrong.

I would have said "Fire is the action, ash the result", which fits more appropriately with "Frost is the action, ice is the result".  From a fire comes ash (or things burnt), from a frost comes ice (or things frozen).  But I think the logic of action to result is fine.

lUvvzPy.png

10 minutes ago, Teufel said:

I would have said "Fire is the action, ash the result", which fits more appropriately with "Frost is the action, ice is the result".  From a fire comes ash (or things burnt), from a frost comes ice (or things frozen).  But I think the logic of action to result is fine.

I think smoke is better. There are a lot of stuff that dont leave ash when burnt, you can think of ash as a subproduct.

2 hours ago, Nazdar said:

At first I thought that dear old dad was giving gifts to each son in order to help them rely on one another.  I'm not sure how that fits in with a Hunting Templar though.

lUvvzPy.png

7 minutes ago, BarriaKarl said:

I think smoke is better. There are a lot of stuff that dont leave ash when burnt, you can think of ash as a subproduct.

Interesting comment, so I had to look it up; here's what I found.

Some of the decomposed material is released as volatile gases. We know these gases as smoke. Smoke is compounds of hydrogen, carbon and oxygen. The rest of the material forms char, which is nearly pure carbon, and ash, which is all of the unburnable minerals in the wood (calcium, potassium, and so on).

So smoke, ash or char would have been appropriate in the telling of the story.  So does that mean the story has to do with the more changing "smoke" instead of the more concrete ash or char?  Smoke the ever changing, vs ice the unchanging?  It's all fun in trying to figure out the big reveal.  These were just thoughts going through my head.

lUvvzPy.png

5 hours ago, Vectious said:

Well i don't think they could find the time to complete all of those in such a quick amount of time.

And if they didn't then the big reveal is like "Archetypes are coming!" which would be the ultimately lame thing.

It might be a developmental partnership and the result actually is being able to completely them quickly. 

The countdown reveal was good.

ACE believes the vessel system was a good change (IDK),

Selling-out to a big publisher would be a bad thing, and we almost all know it. I have more faith in Todd and Gordon than that.

The reveal today had the cifu telling the student he's being a blockhead and to study "The Song of Creation, music that flows and shifts with the power of Chaos". Maybe this means no one has guessed the revelation yet. 

Maybe this is a hint that they've fundamentally changed the character creation system, again.

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

1 minute ago, Teufel said:

Interesting comment, so I had to look it up; here's what I found.

So smoke, ash or char would have been appropriate in the telling of the story.  So does that mean the story has to do with the more changing "smoke" instead of the more concrete ash or char?  Smoke the ever changing, vs ice the unchanging?  It's all fun in trying to figure out the big reveal.  These were just thoughts going through my head.

Smoke is actually the byproduct of an efficient fuel burn.

Basicly, its unburnt fuel.

So there can actually be a smokeless fire. Also, you can have smoke without fire. 

While frost is actually water droplets frozen over, mini-ice. 

And ice is from frozen water. Its a state of H20. Boiling water and frozen water is still water.

Fire and ice are actually just by products of energy and moving particles.

Cold is also just the absence of heat. 

So creating fire would be the ability to generate/add heat/energy and 'creating cold' would be the ability to absorb, siphon, or remove energy/heat. 

Fire and ice are not exactly opposites. Cold and heat would be a better way to say it, although its the direction of the energy in a object that produces a 'cold' or hot sensation.

Basicly, what all that means is what i said before, illuminati confirmed. Either that, or its a dolphin archetype. Almost 50-50. 

CfWBSig.png

All of the content drops being released this week were crafted before this started.

It's feeling like the announcement involves classes, the pantheon, and how CWs work.  We'll see.

Nazdar