Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The opposite of fire - Official discussion thread

Pann

Prose like that?  I don't think so.  That takes effort and time.  I'm sure the Crowfall team is maximizing hype while being very economical with effort.  Lots to do and such.

Nazdar

Proud member of The Hunger

Random theory, they've got the tech to start implementing the seasons/are starting to work on winter versions of the landscapes of what we have?

4 hours ago, Nazdar said:

Ask yourselves:  Why would the god of Order receive a gift of Chaos (fire)?  Why would the god of Chaos receive a gift of Order (frost)?

Why would a God of the Hunt be given the weapons of a Templar?

Because the All-Father sucks at character builds. More like Gimp Father.

Shadowbane - House Avari/Hy'shen
"Gimp elves get good elves killed." - Belina

Avari Discord - https://discord.gg/Bch24PV

8 hours ago, Thevo said:

What about vessels with primary and secondary archetypes, similar to the original Guild Wars professions?
A stalker that looks like a templar, a frostweaver with a weapon not present on the original concept art, the paradoxical dichotomy of the gifts and the many relations between fire and frost, chaos and order,...

Todd getting into the office full of excitement.
"I had a vision, and there were centaurs, centaurs everywhere.
Centaurs with bows, centaurs with pistols, centaurs with books, with scepters, with blades and axes.
We need this."

well disciplines from what I would understand would in a way kinda do what secondary classes does, at least to some extent, in GW, so would be kinda be 2 systems stepping on each others toes, so I doubt that would be it

I actually think that it won't be a big change in the game we know so far, but rather 24/7 servers or something like that. But I think they have a lot of fun watching us come up with some crazy ideas. :D

1 minute ago, Nevon said:

I actually think that it won't be a big change in the game we know so far, but rather 24/7 servers or something like that. But I think they have a lot of fun watching us come up with some crazy ideas. :D

I don't think this would be wise on their part.  With the crows and vessels system that was a pretty big game changer, if they try to hype us up then deliver something underwhelming and inaccurate to what their hype described, that could elicit negative vibes in already trying times for the community.  It has to be something big, interesting, and not expected. 

24-7 servers is something we've known is on the way for a long time. 

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

1 hour ago, VIKINGNAIL said:

I don't think this would be wise on their part.  With the crows and vessels system that was a pretty big game changer, if they try to hype us up then deliver something underwhelming and inaccurate to what their hype described, that could elicit negative vibes in already trying times for the community.  It has to be something big, interesting, and not expected. 

I think it could be the greatest achievement MMO's have ever seen and it would still elicit negative feedback from the same negative people. 

1 hour ago, VIKINGNAIL said:

Don't know - I think 24/7 servers / first campaign is something a lot of people are looking forward too, I think it would be accurate.

Think a lot of people are delving too deeply into the narratives and reading more into them than what is actually there.

All this concept artwork / law was pre-written prior to the thread so I doubt they are adapting it in response to what people are speculating.

We need to look at the overall clues in a more simplistic term and hope it gives us an overall view on what is being announced.

The first two clues have been about classes that are not currently in game. We currently don't know 100% what weapons the stalker will wield - we know from his class intro that he has a bow but who's to say he doesn't wield a sword too for melee. So therefore we cant say for sure that the Elkin pic is showing us a stalker wielding something that he shouldn't be - but then again he might. Same with the armour - you can wear any armour you want

The frostweaver pic shows her in what I presume is standard gear but the lore narrative talks about the ability to have the choice to change skills if current ones don't suit you.

All we have to go on for now is that two none released classes have been showcased and there are hints at the ability to change skills - lets see what today's clue brings :)

uGlR0Ph.png

Calling it now: Todays reveal will be an Image of the Forgemaster, with lore to go along with it, referencing no gods, but rather referencing one or more animals. Like pack animals for example.

Edited by TearNine

3 minutes ago, TearNine said:

Calling it now: Todays reveal will be an Image of the Forgemaster, with lore to go along with it, referencing no gods, but rather referencing one or more animals. Like pack animals for example.

Lol that was going to be my next post - the Forgemaster part anyway :)

uGlR0Ph.png

Like Vikingnail said they seem pretty confident we will love and never guess the upcoming reveal. While some ideas here are pretty cool if we can guess the reveal with just 2 hints it would mean ACE really underestimated us.

To be fair the reveal must be really good so that the hype dont disappoint. Stuff that we would have anyway like 24/7 servers or all archetypes released while good i think wouldnt be that Massive.

They didn't say we wouldn't guess it (in fact they said the clues would give us a pretty good hint) - they said we wouldn't believe it - which is something different entirely :)

uGlR0Ph.png

23 hours ago, Badwolfe said:

They didn't say we wouldn't guess it (in fact they said the clues would give us a pretty good hint) - they said we wouldn't believe it - which is something different entirely :)

While it is true that "not guessing" and "not believing" is not necessarily the same, in many cases they get very close, simply because well most ppl dont dare guess at something they wont believe, and most of the guesses so far and defiantly most that multiple ppl have been guessing at are very believable. The only one right now that was geussed at that is kinda falling into the "not believing" category would be the gender/race unlocking really, mainly because they have more or less denied that one in the past. And personally I would LOVE a gender/race unlock, even if only partial

Edited by Gummiel