Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Sticks and stones - Official discussion thread

Atleast I was correct about predicting Forgemaster today. And while I was wrong about them showing Animals, They are showing off material nodes and weapons (Which is made from materials.) And how do we transport these..? PACK ANIMAL REVAMP CONFIRMED

Man, those environment shots are superb. I'm having a hard time incorporating today's reveals with my theory about the Winter environment/mobs but everything is so shiny and chrome. :wub:

Edit: nice job with the nondescript file names this week. :P

Edited by moneda

Hi, I'm moneda.

s1tKI24.png

15 minutes ago, Reddly said:

Could the different weapon skins be possible hints at what factions there are gonna be? Like faction-specific artstyles?

Would one of the veterans here care to comment?

The sun in the banner doesnt match with any simbols of the gods in the pantheon. The only place i remember anything about sun was in the yersterday hint lore:

One granted the sun, for which he has no use, the other the moon, for which he has no patience.

Where the sun was gifted to the god of order Arkon and the moon to kane of chaos.

A Campaign of chaos against order (maybe with balance present too) seems more and more likely.

Edited by BarriaKarl

So Question to any dev.  Major concern of mine with those environment screenshots.

Will people be able to disable or lower the amount of foliage they can see in game.  Often more then not when my systems lags, its because its trying to load thousands upon thousands of flowers and grass. And it looks like in those environment there are even more of these things to load in.

Honestly its very very pretty to look at. But I do worry that such an environment unless optimized with would massive performance problems.  

Concept art is pretty far from release, if history is a lesson here. I'd be surprised if it is simply the release of new ATs. I'd also be very surprised if it's announced soft launch, cuz why wouldn't we be expecting it? JTC said something we did not expect (which obviously he does not know for certain, but soft launch? - nah). Same goes for the "revealing" the first full campaign, why would that be unexpected - it's actually fully expected to happen.

I'm getting hints of God-choice being influential, perhaps more influential than AT choice. I would love to see God-choice as a major driver in particular rule-sets, and not something easily switched, once chosen. Your God gifts you disciplines and weapon styles, and you fight for them and score for them.

1. Mostly permanent God choice

2. God choice affects who you can ally with, fight against, and who you score points for; alongside a universe-wide leaderboard

3. God choice opens up disciplines, and therefore allows for big diversity in AT, within a new set of constraints (what your God opens up)

Mic MWH, Member of Mithril Warhammers since 2003,

Hammers High! http://www.mithrilwarhammers.com

The second picture is the inside of the fort shown in the third picture. You can see the gate and the watchtowers in the background.

I just am not sure what is the use of the structure that is being focused on the second pic?

My first thought when looking at the environment pictures was we were going to be seeing a day/night cycle.  The sconces are the first I've seen with fire lit up in them, indicating to me that they are being used for night time.

I'm not convinced that the pictures of the weapons together is a statement of Archetypes having an initial choice of weapon use; I would completely love that if it were true, but I'm just seeing new artwork.  Rather the weapons have distinct concepts and might go hand in hand with chaos vs order, that then matches with the order banners from the environment pics.

It could be that God's reach is closer than we realize, and a working CW will be introduced.

lUvvzPy.png

3 minutes ago, mctan said:

JTC said something we did not expect (which obviously he does not know for certain, but soft launch? - nah). Same goes for the "revealing" the first full campaign, why would that be unexpected - it's actually fully expected to happen.

I'm not inclined to put much weight on that statement. "Yeah, you knew they were coming, but not all at once, right!?" totally seems like something ACE would pull... tricksy devs.

Hi, I'm moneda.

s1tKI24.png

I've come to realize that most of my feelings regarding how the game world looked bland was due to the absence of proper lighting. It's been bugging me for over the past year that something just felt off regarding that. I knew they would get to it eventually, but it is nice to see that they are working on it now. Seriously its a great improvement. I'm more convinced now that this reveal is related to disciplines/AT, but it now seems that they have quite a lot of things that they want to show us.

Dave Greco, describing today's Forgemaster art:

uTCYgo2.png

That title fits with the Elken art's "defends his land" title, so I'm sticking to my prediction of the update involving the hunger and/or The Risen. So... first campaign has God's Reach rules/factions... and brings back The Hunger from Hunger Dome to close the campaign?! :o

Hi, I'm moneda.

s1tKI24.png

26 minutes ago, moneda said:

I'm not inclined to put much weight on that statement. "Yeah, you knew they were coming, but not all at once, right!?" totally seems like something ACE would pull... tricksy devs.

Very fair point. I tried to take that line of thinking into account, but I think you're right it could be the 4 ATs at once.

Mic MWH, Member of Mithril Warhammers since 2003,

Hammers High! http://www.mithrilwarhammers.com