Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Sticks and stones - Official discussion thread

1 hour ago, mivius said:

Ok, ok, no facetious guess this time:

Start of actual Alpha.

Start of persistent CW w/ win condition w/ God's Reach rule set.

Disciplines & vessels (like, actual use of vessels)

All AT's released in basic form (assumption that disciplines allowed more flexibility).

Art upgrades (concerns about performance ring in my ears after just getting back to playable tests).

Still my bet aswell from what i can grasp on updates!

Plus also more stuff introduced on this major milestone as Skills system revamp, 2nd crafting phase, sieges, POIs, Factions and Gods content, etc...

MASSIVE in content and game development status, ready to deploy to persistent testing.

Edited by Tofyzer

10 minutes ago, Apok said:

I have to agree with Tinnis, you've paved the way for some pretty big expectations, I hope it lives up to those expectations or you're going to sorely disappoint people. It needs to be something huge.

Yep like said in last reply "massive" and You won't believe it" doesn't really qualify for systems and features we already know about simply coming online and passing a milestone. So yeah hopefully they didn't oversell whatever it is.

Really hoping they fix the rubberbanding. My initial concern with updated graphics is the toll it will take on my PC. Fingers crossed they have performance looped into this big reveal. It would be bitter sweet to have all these awesome new tools and still have performance issues during fighting. Would be a big turn off for me personally if everything gets dropped and things don't get smoother in terms of combat which will be the main reason people will stay/leave. Laggy combat isn't keeping anyone around!

Looking forward to Tuesday.. I have a wild guess is they might be skipping Alpha and going into Beta with the core systems in place.... crafting, combat, game loops, EK's, Siege stuff, disc's, AT's vessels, etc.

6 minutes ago, supportdaddy said:

Really hoping they fix the rubberbanding. My initial concern with updated graphics is the toll it will take on my PC. Fingers crossed they have performance looped into this big reveal. It would be bitter sweet to have all these awesome new tools and still have performance issues during fighting. Would be a big turn off for me personally if everything gets dropped and things don't get smoother in terms of combat which will be the main reason people will stay/leave. Laggy combat isn't keeping anyone around!

Looking forward to Tuesday.. I have a wild guess is they might be skipping Alpha and going into Beta with the core systems in place.... crafting, combat, game loops, EK's, Siege stuff, disc's, AT's vessels, etc.

Very true, it baffles me why so many Gaming Companies didn't learn from WoW, one of the main reasons it did so well was when it released it could be played on a toaster. The servers need more optimization and any new graphics and what not need to be able to be turned off/toned down so those loyal backers without brand new equipment can still play and enjoy the game.

Edited by Apok

49 minutes ago, Pann said:

As announced last week, there will be updates every day this week - that includes Friday. 

Can't you please strech it out until Monday~? [Puppy Dog Eyes]

Just drop an Assassin render and nobody'll mind~... :)

KGV_sig.png

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

17 minutes ago, Apok said:

Very true, it baffles me why so many Gaming Companies didn't learn from WoW, one of the main reasons it did so well was when it released it could be played on a toaster. The servers need more optimization and any new graphics and what not need to be able to be turned off/toned down so those loyal backers without brand new equipment can still play and enjoy the game.

Exactly, I tried to watch some videos, but was actually unbearable to watch due to glitches, lag, and rubberbanding. Of course this is pre-alpha so I am assuming they are going to fix this. Just not sure if it is high enough on their priority list to get it done for whatever this big drop is. I mean I was seeing lag like that in servers with 15-20 people. Imagine the people flocking to the game after this huge update... it will be unplayable in its old state, especially after adding in what looks to be better graphics.

9 minutes ago, supportdaddy said:

Exactly, I tried to watch some videos, but was actually unbearable to watch due to glitches, lag, and rubberbanding. Of course this is pre-alpha so I am assuming they are going to fix this. Just not sure if it is high enough on their priority list to get it done for whatever this big drop is. I mean I was seeing lag like that in servers with 15-20 people. Imagine the people flocking to the game after this huge update... it will be unplayable in its old state, especially after adding in what looks to be better graphics.

A long time ago in a live stream they showed how they were working on having hundreds of people on screen with improved performance. I dont remeber seeing anything significant regarding performance improvements so i hope they are still coming, maybe as a reveal this week

Edited by Ziz

MOkvLlm.png

2 minutes ago, Ziz said:

A long time ago in a live stream they showed how they were working on having hundreds of people on screen with improved performance. I dont remeber seeing anything significant regarding performance improvements so i hope they are still coming, maybe as a reveal this week

I would imagine they are, once they start testing campaigns they will have to address it.

17 minutes ago, Ziz said:

Yeah that makes sense, only time will tell I guess. Going to be a long week!

Seen a couple of posts saying faction weapons.
To me, they look more like the difference between basic and more crafted weapon designs. Possibly for discs.
Top row looks like they've been crudely thrown together, while the bottom looks more finely done.

Edited by Groovin

231e101d88.jpg

The word of the day is dichotomy.

Light, Dark.

Order, Chaos.

Hunter, Warrior.

Fire, Frost.

Take a look at the different qualities of weapons.  Crude, Refined.

The announcement will be connected with supply, crafting, usage, and some sort of epic trade off.  There are choices to be made.

Nazdar

Proud member of The Hunger

45 minutes ago, Groovin said:

Seen a couple of posts saying faction weapons.
To me, they look more like the difference between basic and more crafted weapon designs. Possibly for discs.
Top row looks like they've been crudely thrown together, while the bottom looks more finely done.

Or could be the difference between the Minotaur styled weapons and the elvish styled weapons.

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

My hope is that they are going to allow folks to multi-class...

• Start life as class A
  • Switch mid game over to class B

In some ways it makes a lot of sense

• Its consistent with the story about the fessor / templar shifting over to Frostweaver
  • We already know that players are going to have more powers than they can slot

However, it would require creating a whole bunch of additional animations...

WAZ6Fov.png

"The cinnabar is a lie"

50 minutes ago, destrin said:

Or could be the difference between the Minotaur styled weapons and the elvish styled weapons.

Which was exactly what I thought - top row Minotaur, bottom Elvish

Edited by Badwolfe
uGlR0Ph.png