Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Sticks and stones - Official discussion thread

31 minutes ago, Badwolfe said:
1 hour ago, destrin said:

Or could be the difference between the Minotaur styled weapons and the elvish styled weapons.

Which was exactly what I thought - top row Minotaur, bottom Elvish

I thought the ones in the bottom were made for Dwarfs, they are metallic and shiny like the equipament set in the second picture.

50 minutes ago, BarriaKarl said:

I thought the ones in the bottom were made for Dwarfs, they are metallic and shiny like the equipament set in the second picture.

Well if you look the ones at the bottom have very defined points on them where as the dwarf armor in the picture looks to have very rounded edges. So most likely it is elvish weapons. If you look at the moon staff, the frostweaver has the same moon embellishment in her hair from yesterdays concept art. The top is definitely Minotaur since the sword looks like the one from the archetype concept with lots of dead skulls and rough ragged edges.

Edited by sluce

2 hours ago, canvox said:

I honestly hope they're overselling this, I don't want any more big announcements, I want them to get the already-announced stuff functioning.  I can't imagine anything that'd actually get me excited at this point.  

Quite the contrary.  This is fun.  Even if it's slightly oversold, I still say, "Thank you!"  It takes effort to make things interesting, and ACE is doing a great job.

For the record, I'm confident that it is not being oversold.  Todd only gets behind ideas he is passionate about.

Nazdar

Proud member of The Hunger

I've been trying not to poo-poo anyone's guess so far but, in regards to the release of archetypes... during the last art stream (during which we saw an earlier state of this piece) JTC and Greco stated the team hadn't even decided on the Frostweaver's weapon yet, and that was just under 2 weeks ago. I don't see all of the remaining ATs getting dropped in the near future.

Hi, I'm moneda.

The lighting looks like an improvement. I'll have to have a character on the wood to see if that's been improved though. The far away shots always looked good on the forts it's once you're actually on them they look blocky.

As far as the weapons go I'm pretty sure they're hinting at different styles for different factions - top row is for Chaos, bottom row for Order.

But yeah some of the pieces of this reveal are starting to become more apparent, such as:

• Improved graphics, including night/day and possibly weather cycles,
  • More diversity in buildings
  • Skills/discipline changes
  • A faction CW with a campaign of sorts

Yeah these are all repeats of what other people have said, I'm just jumping on the bandwagons I agree with :lol: 

Edited by Xarrayne

P.S. Grr Winterblades 🦌

eecdd84bdc5daead4b795a3e075d2347.png

1 hour ago, moneda said:

I've been trying not to poo-poo anyone's guess so far but, in regards to the release of archetypes... during the last art stream (during which we saw an earlier state of this piece) JTC and Greco stated the team hadn't even decided on the Frostweaver's weapon yet, and that was just under 2 weeks ago. I don't see all of the remaining ATs getting dropped in the near future.

You may be right or, maybe they had the concept finished and only had left to decide on weapon type. I would imagine they already had an idea on what kind of attacks the FW would have they just needed to put something in her hand. 

7 hours ago, Apok said:

Very true, it baffles me why so many Gaming Companies didn't learn from WoW, one of the main reasons it did so well was when it released it could be played on a toaster. The servers need more optimization and any new graphics and what not need to be able to be turned off/toned down so those loyal backers without brand new equipment can still play and enjoy the game.

This so many times, I'm a sucker for beautiful graphics but it's just too hard on most systems and bandwidths when you're playing an MMO and expect to see hundreds of unique players on your screen (unless you have godlike internet like S.Korea)... Good graphics also have a limited window of being properly appreciated, but a smooth gameplay experience is always appreciated; it's more jarring to drop frames, lag or d/c than it is to just accept that everything looks a little cartoony.

TL;DR efficiency > beauty... but damn it looks beautiful, I just hope it's not too hard on the toasters! Good work everyone, I don't want to discourage anyone with my words, but encourage :D 

Edited by Xarrayne

P.S. Grr Winterblades 🦌

eecdd84bdc5daead4b795a3e075d2347.png

10 hours ago, Apok said:

Well if we want to get into particulars, it will be several things rolled up into one big announcement, that one big thing could be different for different people, some may think archetypes are a big thing, some may think disciplines are a big thing, some may think campaign testing is a big thing, some may think graphic upgrades is a big thing, others may think all are equally big things. So it's open to interpretation and because it is open to interpretation it won't be one big thing other then the announcement itself.

Anything seems possible now, because it hasn't been revealed yet. When ACE reveals the new stuff, all these hints will come together and make sense.

Just like with life, at the end all will be revealed and there will be only one correct theology.

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

13 minutes ago, TJB0ND said:

omg what is ittttt i can hold it in any longer

They are Canceling CF and have decided to make Shadowbane 2, thnx for donating please see the Kickstarter page for the upcoming funding for SB2.

:ph34r:

Disciplines. We wants. 

Maybe new weapons or the remaining archetypes. Whatever it is I'm looking forward to it.

Edited by Lightsig

It's great to see anything on the  Forgemaster. It has been a long while since Kickstarter

"To a New Yorker like you, a hero is some type of weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers".

On 6/9/2015 at 3:44 PM, Tyrant said: