Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Super stabby - Official discussion thread

Shield use by the duelist, daggers for the frostweaver; so these are different weapons than what is in the original set for each Archetype.  Weapons opened by discipline would be nice; how many here can remember dwarf dagger chuckers in SB.

Weapon abilities, or weapon changes from disciplines wouldn't be "something you won't believe", but it would go a long way in being able to customize play style for archetypes.  Along with specific weapons though, will there be weapon bonus skills like there was in Shadowbane?  The reason to choose some weapons over another is not the art of the weapon, but for things like stuns, knockdowns, defense lowering skills etc. that are separate from AT skills.

Do any of the runes in the equipment pic look familiar to the release months ago of the language release?

lUvvzPy.png

These images mixed with the images/lore from previous days leads me to believe it's something about promotions/prestige classes/disciplines. Take the guinecean for example: Looks like that could be concept art for the duelist promotion Conquistador.

Edited by mlaird
clarity

Okay guys, comparing the second pic with the runes shown here (https://www.crowfall.com/en/news/on-the-horizon-combat-disciplines/), we have the three at the bottom as minor disciples (Executioner, Glass cannon and ???), the one in the middle MAY be a weapon discipline and the ones at the top LOOKS like 2 Major disciplines.

Edited by BarriaKarl

The reveal is becoming clearer now.

It looks like the Equipment record has been reorganized, with:

1. possibly the same old weapons/armor/rune tools page
  2. a Discipline Rune page
  3. another page (symbol looks like a ring), jewelry perhaps?

Hopefully the archetype (AT) skills have been revamped to acommodate the availability of more weapons choices, or most players will choose the mainstream AT weapons that they have so many skills dependent upon. That was a needless restriction when the art department was going to have to make the animations anyway.

VN, more classes for non-human races were hinted on the forums back during the KS days. Please give ACE time. Your beloved WOW added a bunch of races and classes after launch, and they had piles of cash to initially build that game.

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

I'm assuming that's the default amount/setup of disciplines. I'm interested in how they'll differ by archetype. Which ATs do ACE consider the weakest and strongest, and how many of which kind of discipline will those denotations grant or remove?

As far as the art goes... it's interesting the lil' piggie is holding what seems like a medium shield and not a smaller buckler. Also, I think the background of (what seems to be) a Frostweaver wielding daggers fits into my prediction of oncoming Winter, even if the rodent knight's art doesn't. Hhhmm.

Hi, I'm moneda.

4 minutes ago, chancellor said:

The reveal is becoming clearer now.

It looks like the Equipment record has been reorganized, with:

1. possibly the same old weapons/armor/rune tools page
  2. a Discipline Rune page
  3. another page (symbol looks like a ring), jewelry perhaps?

Hopefully the archetype (AT) skills have been revamped to acommodate the availability of more weapons choices, or most players will choose the mainstream AT weapons that they have so many skills dependent upon. That was a needless restriction when the art department was going to have to make the animations anyway.

VN, more classes for non-human races were hinted on the forums back during the KS days. Please give ACE time. Your beloved WOW added a bunch of races and classes after launch, and they had piles of cash to initially build that game.

I think you've misunderstood my point.  It is more interesting if each class has multiple races that can play it.

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

So updating my tinfoil hat;

• We knew about weapon disciplines already. This wouldn't be a "reveal" imo. 

billygwashere.jpg

• This image is the key. In order from top to bottom;
    1. Equipment Screen
    2. Tray to swap between tabs in order of appearance; Equipped items, Jewelry loadout, Disciplines loadout
    3. A non-selectable, not drag-drop-receivable, icon.
    4. Major Disciplines, 2 of them, equipped
    5. Weapon Disciplines, 1 of them, equipped
    6. Minor Disciplines,3 of them, all equipped

So, what of this screen do we NOT know anything about, that is "very cool", and that would explain the half-dozen images we've seen thus far showing clearly distinguished archetypes using non-traditional equipment? Further, considering we already know it's possible in Crowfall for an archetype to equip non-traditional weapons through use of Weapon disciplines, why would they re-announce this? Race/archetype unlock? Admittedly this is possible still, though I consider it highly unlikely.

The one thing causing me hesitation is that the #3 icon could indicate a promotion archetype, or it could simply be the role icon for the Frostweaver.

I like to believe that it's a Ranger promotion that makes heavy use of their existing weapon choices; Daggers. The prominence of the Daggers in front of the iconic ranger-bow icon indicates the relationship, as does a soft fade on the bow icon itself (further setting it in the background).

It seems highly unlikely they'd design hundreds of icons for all of the variations of weapons and overlays on existing archetype role icons. Especially for a function of disciplines we already knew about. This #3 icon seems purposefully designed.

Promotions.

This is starting to get exciting. Finally seems like Crowfall is starting to turn into a game now :D

Edited by Zybak

13 minutes ago, BarriaKarl said:

Okay guys, comparing the second pic with the runes shown here (https://www.crowfall.com/en/news/on-the-horizon-combat-disciplines/), we have the three at the bottom as minor disciples (Executioner, Glass cannon and ???), the one in the middle MAY be a weapon discipline and the ones at the top LOOKS like 2 Major disciplines.

I think this is exactly right.  The center slot looks to have a Bow weapon rune equipped.

rSHxVEY.gif