Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Super stabby - Official discussion thread

Note that the "super stabby" character at the top is wielding the dagger from the Sticks and Stones weapon group.  The Staff head cresent moon and gem inserts into shield also resembles the form language of the helm/head piece.

ka-chow.jpg

weapons.jpg

Edited by ren

It looks like discipline, it smell like discipline but man...we already know for disciplines since quite a time now. If it's the "big reveal" i will personnaly be quite disappointed.

And as baerin pointed : Gaea tree on the guinacean is another strange thing

Edited by Gorwald

WnxjrJ9.gif

Thelanas Kar'Pal Membre fondateur de l'alliance Naerth en 2001 - Ex Shadowbane European Advisor Damnation/Carnage/Vindication/Corruption http://www.twitch.tv/gorwald/profile

23 minutes ago, VIKINGNAIL said:

I think you've misunderstood my point.  It is more interesting if each class has multiple races that can play it.

I got it. You missed JTC's point that this is a place ACE has decided to cut spending before launch. If CF survives, more AT choices are promised.

22 minutes ago, scree said:

So updating my tinfoil hat;

• We knew about weapon disciplines already. This wouldn't be a "reveal" imo. 

billygwashere.jpg

• This image is the key. In order from top to bottom;
    1. Equipment Screen
    2. Tray to swap between tabs in order of appearance; Equipped items, Jewelry loadout, Disciplines loadout
    3. A non-selectable, not drag-drop-receivable, icon.
    4. Major Disciplines, 2 of them, equipped
    5. Weapon Disciplines, 1 of them, equipped
    6. Minor Disciplines,3 of them, all equipped

So, what of this screen do we NOT know anything about, that is "very cool", and that would explain the half-dozen images we've seen thus far showing clearly distinguished archetypes using non-traditional equipment? Further, considering we already know it's possible in Crowfall for an archetype to equip non-traditional weapons through use of Weapon disciplines, why would they re-announce this? Race/archetype unlock? Admittedly this is possible still, though I consider it highly unlikely.

The one thing causing me hesitation is that the #3 icon could indicate a promotion archetype, or it could simply be the role icon for the Frostweaver.

I like to believe that it's a Ranger promotion that makes heavy use of their existing weapon choices; Daggers. The prominence of the Daggers in front of the iconic ranger-bow icon indicates the relationship, as does a soft fade on the bow icon itself (further setting it in the background).

It seems highly unlikely they'd design hundreds of icons for all of the variations of weapons and overlays on existing archetype role icons. Especially for a function of disciplines we already knew about. This #3 icon seems purposefully designed.

Promotions.

I think part of this reveal is that we pick a weapon type then build disciplines and general skills around that. Hopefully AT skills don't channel too many people into the same weapon choices.

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

43 minutes ago, scree said:

So updating my tinfoil hat;

• We knew about weapon disciplines already. This wouldn't be a "reveal" imo. 

billygwashere.jpg

• This image is the key. In order from top to bottom;
    1. Equipment Screen
    2. Tray to swap between tabs in order of appearance; Equipped items, Jewelry loadout, Disciplines loadout
    3. A non-selectable, not drag-drop-receivable, icon.
    4. Major Disciplines, 2 of them, equipped
    5. Weapon Disciplines, 1 of them, equipped
    6. Minor Disciplines,3 of them, all equipped

I would relabel the #2 to be Equipped Items, Jewelry loadout, and Vessel loadout. We know that vessel quality and type will affect both the number of disciplines that can be equipped as well as the promotion/AT. I think the symbol (#3) is that of a promotion class type vessel. If a user had one of the standard AT type vessels then we would see one of the standard AT icons.

34 minutes ago, chancellor said:

I got it. You missed JTC's point that this is a place ACE has decided to cut spending before launch. If CF survives, more AT choices are promised.

You may have missed the point that this is a big unexpected reveal supposedly.  On top of the fact that they used to say they were limiting the choices because of the cost to make a ton of animations, yet that seems to be out of the window as they have decided to make the discipline system much more robust than initially planned.  So yea...

Also more ATs are not the same as more races playing per class.

Edited by VIKINGNAIL

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

So I'm gonna make my guess as to the Big reveal.  Repost them everyday, even if it sounds exceptionally dumb at the time.  Lets see if I can get it right.

Three Big changes

Disciplines - All ATs will now have access to their Disciplines for their class.  Due to wanting to test it out (and things not be gated behind skill training at first) Disciplines will require you to equip a passive. Granting you access to skills of that discipline.  (You can only equip one Discipline at a time)

Gods Reach - A new CW is added in the form of Gods Reach, a big world map split into multiple factions.  Each faction will have a keep that they can build utilizing local POIs and carting their materials to their keep. Be vigilant though, as carting material slows you down and other Factions can loot you. This is important as each keep requires a material tied exclusive to multiple POIs. So you have to enter Enemy territory to obtain it. If those materials are not looted off from you, they will fizzle out when you resurrect. 

Factories - are now added to the game. When opened factories will show a screen with a Blueprint slot, a feeder cache and an output cache. Equipping the factory with a blueprint and providing materials for it will produce mass produced materials. However blueprints will have a max quantity of 20 units it can produce. Mass produced materials cannot be blueprinted.

Other but notable changes

Crafting -

• New item: Artisan Kit.  Requires 100 wood, 100 ore, and 100 stone.  Artisan kit when consumed grants a 5 minute buff, that dramatically increases Assembly and Experimentation rates. 

Spirit Banks -

• Spirit Banks can only be accessed at temples or keeps. And can no longer be accessed if you are in combat or stealthed.
  • Spirit Banks will be wiped.

Harvesting -

• Chest no longer produce leather or apples.
  • Animals now scale in level depending on what server they are on.

Assassin added to the game.

At first glance, I thought the two sets of weapons were based on faction...ie the top set were Chaos and the bottom set were Order. Then I thought these were Archetype based.   This is consistent with the general idea that all ATs (through the use of Weapon Runes) will be able to use all weapons. The first set are the Myrmidon weapons. The shield has a bull on it even. The second set, as Ren pointed out, are the Frostweaver set and the daggers are shown in the Frostweaver concept art. Consistent with this theory, we see the Duelist with a 1H sword and unique shield. We see the Forgemaster with the 1H hammer (or maybe polemace) and shield. We see the Stalker with the 2H sword (which has the same sash at the end of the pommel as we see on the Templar 2H sword). Would simply giving all ATs access to all weapons be the "big reveal" they are hyping? I doubt it. The screenshots of the gold node, order fort and order walkway seem to indicate a significant step up of graphics. This may be in conjunction with more resources for more motion capture. The reason we were originally given as to why ATs were race locked was because of motion capture time and the animation time for all those weapon sets and all those powers being performed by all those different ATs. Perhaps they've found a way around this...and we will see the un-coupling of race from Archetype. Perhaps the weapon sets we see ARE race based...with the top set being Minotaur and the bottom set being Elf  This would be a fundamental shift and re-organization at its core. We have how many races? 8? Human, Centaur, Elf, Fae, Dwarf, Minotaur, Guenician, Elkin. Opening up Druid to Fae (with wings), Centaur, Elkin, Human and Guenician? Opening up Legionnaire to Human, Elkin and Dwarf? Opening up Myrmidon to Human, Centaur and Dwarf? Opening up Champion to Myrmidon, Elkin, Centaur and Dwarf? These are the kinds of creation options that most MMOs give us...and could be the kind of reveal worthy of the hype...

Edited by Gradishar

4 minutes ago, izkimar said:

Not going to happen unless you can throw em a couple more mil.

Oh I don't know about that, I mean if they can expand the discipline system so much who knows what other limitations they are able to hurdle now.

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

I see the top two major discs as Monk and Archane Archer still, the ones from the disc reveal in March.   I think the "worthiness" of the reveal to be big and on par with KS, HD, SP, and BW is the shift to Alpha 1 and includes the first full game loop and victory conditions...  that is newsworthy and will bring in/back a whole slew of our player base for awhile, maybe permanently and certainly roll out the hype train again big time.

I doubt a full unlock of races to classes but perhaps the rearrangement of potential builds through discs that does pretty much a similar thing with changes to the universal skill trees for all weapons and changes to the AT trees to have no weapon specific nodes, like just crit chance and crit damage for any weapon.  You get the right major and minor discs into your Fae Frostweaver vessel and she has lots of Druid like powers for loadout.  Customizable hybrid classes available to certain races but not full race-class-weapon choice.   It will make for many many unique builds as we all crave.

Edited by Frykka

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

17 minutes ago, izkimar said:

They are doing a fair bit of R&D for this game.  

That sometimes has the side effect of you stumbling on something new that you never expected would be possible, that suddenly makes ideas you thought were outrageous and wishful thinking before the discovery, feasible and reasonable after.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

I think its clearly something to do with character building and customization. Promotions specifically. Maybe they've combined the Discipline system with the Promotion system into one over arching character building system thats far deeper, dynamic and makes more open classes than they planned for. Maybe something that creates a true dual/sub class system that goes far beyond the original intention of Disciplines.

Edited by pang

Also note that we probably would get workbench functionality before factories (George) and we have to have in game thralls and the capture method to be able to create major discs...    looking for a thrall image or a soulgem with a thrall capped.

Be excited all you want about the possibilities for major discs but unless things drastically changed we will have to craft vessels, cap thralls and craft major discs for that vessel to get a hybrid build...   that is not a simple task so everybody won't simply be customizing their toons right off.

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

weapons.jpg

Some people saw this weapon art and thought of faction weaponry or racial weaponry, but all I see are weapon skins. We were told as soon as crafting was introduced that we'd be able to customize the appearances of items before final assembly, and I think these are just examples. I don't think they're explicitly tied to anything.

13 minutes ago, izkimar said:

Yea, I'm of the mind those anticipating a full disconnect of race from archetype will ride that hype train straight into a ravine. Hell, even if they did that there would still be some restrictions. Nobody's going to burrow into a keep with their centaur Duelists. :lol:

I still suspect there's something more dramatic with materials/crafting/weapons.

Anyone got a theory that incorporates the screenshots from yesterday?

ScreenShot_5_8_17_C.jpg

Or is it possible that the lighting updates on this Ore are just a nicely lit red herring?

Nazdar

Proud member of The Hunger