Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Children of the Sun - Official discussion thread

5 minutes ago, coolster50 said:

Ranger > Confessor > Druid > Templar > Knight > Frostweaver > Champion > Forgemaster > Duelist > Assassin > Myrmidon

Where's Stalker and Legionnaire?

Ranger > Confessor > Legionnaire > Templar > Knight > Druid > Champin > Forgemaster > Duellist > assasin > Myrmidon

rUQlYHs.png

Yeah still thinking maybe its Promotions are now a dual/sub class system. That male Elf looks to be wearing the same or similar garb the Female Frostweaver was wearing in previous update but he's using Fire magic. The icons perhaps represent The classes/ATS that can be subbed into, though there's 11 not 13.

Edited by pang

Wow, that concept art is sick! I'd interpret the elven-looking dude wielding fire as another clue that goes towards the Race-AT-Disciplines-Hypothesis, meaning that either ATs or at least certain aspects of them are not as restricted as we might think/have thought before, or that the current "each AT is associated with one race"-system was just a placeholder for what is to be revealed on Tuesday.

The thing that still has me puzzled is the fact already pointed out by @coolster50: Where's the Legionnaire, and, more importantly, where is my Stalker at?

Art = Cooking update confirmed

Icons = base class for disciplines sheet (was on other UI update), so craft revamp and win conditions confirmed!

Facetiousness won out again today...

Alright updating my prediction because of those icons.

Are we all ready? Here it is. 

You now pick your race, then from there you pick a class fighter, mage, rogue, cleric?. Restricted by your race. 

Then you pick your promotion classes, restricted by your race/class. These are the old Archetypes. 

Each race has certain race specific powers, each class has class specific powers and then each promotion class (which use to be archetypes) have their own specific powers.

Then discipline runes. Basicly a lot like shadowbane.

So Minotaur>Fighter>Champion

Elf-Thing>Rogue>Duelist OR Elken>Fighter>Duelist

Elken>Fighter>Templar

Fighter duelist version wouldn't get stealth but has options for more survivability via his fighter class.

Edited by Vectious

CfWBSig.png

4 minutes ago, DravoiX said:

Ranger > Confessor > Legionnaire > Templar > Knight > Druid > Champin > Forgemaster > Duellist > assasin > Myrmidon

Ranger > Confessor > Frostweaver (looks like a snowflake to me) > Templar > Knight > Druid > Champion > Forgemaster > Duelist > Assassin > Myrmidon

Meaning that Lego and Stalker are missing. Any ideas why that might be?

Do we know where the Elves came from, which god?  Interesting that so far we have the Templar and Confessor that are human and both follow Arkon, but here we have an elf (male I would guess).  I like where this is going, and I like that it seems they might be further along with gender variations for each of the races.

@coolster50 I think that your guess on the icons is spot on.  The sixth icon is the same weapon from the frost weaver reveal, where she's in the garden with frozen sculptures.

I'm still hoping for race restrictions to be lifted, but some of the suggestions about deities playing a more major role is a really astute guess as well.

@Vectious don't tease me a system that would be phenomenal. I would love to see the system you just described, and it would create so much flavor between play styles.

lUvvzPy.png

1 minute ago, Teufel said:

Do we know where the Elves came from, which god?  Interesting that so far we have the Templar and Confessor that are human and both follow Arkon, but here we have an elf (male I would guess).  I like where this is going, and I like that it seems they might be further along with gender variations for each of the races.

@coolster50 I think that your guess on the icons is spot on.  The sixth icon is the same weapon from the frost weaver reveal, where she's in the garden with frozen sculptures.

I'm still hoping for race restrictions to be lifted, but some of the suggestions about deities playing a more major role is a really astute guess as well.

@Vectious don't tease me a system that would be phenomenal. I would love to see the system you just described, and it would create so much flavor between play styles.

Now the fighter, rogue, mage, cleric may not be a thing. But if it was, it would address the current promotion class pickle, the archetypes would Be the promotion classes. 

But yeah, i think i am more in love with this theory then i should be...since you know....its a theory.

CfWBSig.png