Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Children of the Sun - Official discussion thread

That art again, amazed me. Again great stuff from @davegreco :wub:

And those icons clearly are archetypes ones, but we found them on the third tab with disciplines...

Can a frostweaver could have a fire promotion? I doubt of it...the name is clearly around frost

But then again, if the reveal is ride of the Archetype/race lock then the lore would change too no?

It is Winter, now. Your kind has left… left, or died! A pity. I find it so lonely now.

Come, my little feral wolf -- let us dance! I am bored and my blade is so cold.

You are so alive, so full of warmth! Surely you can spare some for me?

This stuff become really disturbing now

Edited by Gorwald

WnxjrJ9.gif

Thelanas Kar'Pal Membre fondateur de l'alliance Naerth en 2001 - Ex Shadowbane European Advisor Damnation/Carnage/Vindication/Corruption http://www.twitch.tv/gorwald/profile

9 minutes ago, Vectious said:

Alright updating my prediction because of those icons.

Are we all ready? Here it is. 

You now pick your race, then from there you pick a class fighter, mage, rogue, cleric?. Restricted by your race. 

Then you pick your promotion classes, restricted by your race/class. These are the old Archetypes. 

Each race has certain race specific powers, each class has class specific powers and then each promotion class (which use to be archetypes) have their own specific powers.

Then discipline runes. Basicly a lot like shadowbane.

So Minotaur>Fighter>Champion

Elf-Thing>Rogue>Duelist

Elken>Fighter>Templar

I would absolutely love for that to be the case, but I feel like they've already talked about using discs to get powers from other classes.  So either that covers this, or in the development of doing that they found that keeping the archtypes became arbitrary and your prediction is correct.  I'm predicting the former while trying really hard to not get my hopes up too much for the latter.

Archetypes removed, you pick race then religion which unlocks certain classes to choose from.  Discs allow you to have not accessable skills other race / religion / class combos have. 

Edited by barab

Hammers High !!  Master Brewer of the Dwarven Hold Mithril Warhammers

15 minutes ago, Gorwald said:

Can a frostweaver could have a fire promotion? I doubt of it...the name is clearly around frost

I think we need the race's name. People are just using elf. So the one in the picture would be an elf confessor (not sure if confessor fits anymore).

1 minute ago, barab said:

Archetypes removed, you pick race then religion which unlocks certain classes to choose from. 

Picking religion would be an interesting approach.  I would take that a step further to picking a god.  There's potential there for different bonuses and negatives to certain classes/promotions based on god and/or religion.

Considering how much people are predicting a more Shadowbane like class system I feel like a lot of people are going to be disappointed if it turns out to be Archtypes plus disciplines.

Quite a few people have brought up the idea of unlocking the races, or archetypes removed; which I am fully behind.  However it brings up an interesting question: how will I play as a crow if I am first picking a race?  If we are to pick a race at character creation, then could this be a reversion to classes and move away from crows/vessels.  I find that really hard to believe, so now even though I want race to be unlocked, I don't know that it would be handled at creation, rather it would be a function of creating a new vessel.

I'll be the sceptic then...

They are just rolling out minor changes and keeping us interested with old concept art that has absolutely nothing to do with the changes comming :)

Huginn ok Muninn, fljúga hverjan dag, Jörmungrund yfir; óumk ek of Hugin,, at hann aftr né komi-t, þó sjámk meir of Munin

Gathering of Ranger videos

10 minutes ago, Teufel said:

Quite a few people have brought up the idea of unlocking the races, or archetypes removed; which I am fully behind.  However it brings up an interesting question: how will I play as a crow if I am first picking a race?  If we are to pick a race at character creation, then could this be a reversion to classes and move away from crows/vessels.  I find that really hard to believe, so now even though I want race to be unlocked, I don't know that it would be handled at creation, rather it would be a function of creating a new vessel.

I think the biggest point will be to what god you pledge allegiance to. If i got it right those 11 classes are under Order and the Lore talked about your crow serving under a god. That way you can use various races but the classes option would be limited by the choice you made as a crow.

It would be a good boon to the pantheon. And as a bonus it would make the game a real Realm vs Realm MMO.

a class/race lock removel would make the vessel/crow system useless because there would be no real need for it, so i doubt this will happen ( i prefer the class/race lock with vesselsystem)

One Ring to Rule them all, One Ring to Find them, One Ring to bring them all an in the darkness and bind them.

50 minutes ago, coolster50 said:

Ranger > Confessor > Druid > Templar > Knight > Frostweaver > Champion > Forgemaster > Duelist > Assassin > Myrmidon

Where's Stalker and Legionnaire?

Id flip the druid and frostweaver... the thrid icon looks like a snow flake and the 6th looks like the iconic druid staff animations/screenshotE

vessel = race

rune stoen = class

Edited by Ziz

2 minutes ago, BarriaKarl said:

I think the biggest point will be to what god you pledge allegiance to. If i got it right those 11 classes are under Order and the Lore talked about your crow serving under a god. That way you can use various races but the classes option would be limited by the choice you made as a crow.

It would be a good boon to the pantheon. And as a bonus it would make the game a real Realm vs Realm MMO.

What ATs would be left for Balance and Chaos then?

Realm vs Realm is only one of the possible campaign settings, how would that class system work for, say, Dregs?

2 minutes ago, moneda said:

After a second glance the only things I noticed were that the elf didn't have a Confessor book on him (fire spells gained by discipline?).

He is a child of the sun, and he dances, aka a sun dancer.

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

2 minutes ago, BarriaKarl said:

I like the approach that you and others are taking, I'm just trying to figure how that would actually look in game mechanics.

I first choose a god to serve, as a crow, and that decision will be one that I am locked into? After choosing a god to serve then I choose the campaign and enter it as a crow, where I get to choose race, then class?

1 minute ago, Reddly said:

What ATs would be left for Balance and Chaos then?

Realm vs Realm is only one of the possible campaign settings, how would that class system work for, say, Dregs?

I think in the dregs it would be more about the bonuses that you get from your god.  For me, I have a different approach to the gods; I pretend that they picked me to fight for them, but I've chosen my own path, and I don't fight for the one that made me immortal.  While I may have to pick a god to "work" for by use of mechanics (as some are guessing) I still get to choose how to spend my time as an immortal.