Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Ready, aim, fire - Official discussion thread

9 minutes ago, Tinnis said:

i've already lurked in trees as a ranger waiting for prey :)

it does not look quite as cool when legios did it though...

Even if it was limited to a discipline, I'd take it. Though I'm not sure hiding a lego in a tree would really work ^_^

if they do upgrade the skills, promotions disciplines , do you think there will be a skill wipe ?

And at what point do you think they will have a soft launch of skill training being permanent because holy hell does it take a long time lol be nice to launch the game with everyone not completely new to get some variation in the game and not have to wait a year after launch.

that being said I'd love to see the testing servers up at least 23/6

7 minutes ago, BarriaKarl said:

Hmmm... Now that we have "normal" elfs should the "frostweavers" still be named elfs or are they a different race?

Pretty sure Frostweavers have always been Elves/Elf.  Frostweaver is the name of the AT, Elf is the Race. Like Legionnaire and Centaur.

Looks like resurrection or vessel change.

Back to nonsensical guessing:

Pie will be a new main food type.

Wolf armor confirmed!

In-game racial slurs confirmed (shame on you!)...you, you...iriolis you...

10 minutes ago, pang said:

Pretty sure Frostweavers have always been Elves/Elf.  Frostweaver is the name of the AT, Elf is the Race. Like Legionnaire and Centaur.

This ranger is pretty different from the Frostweaver elves (I believe elfs is wrong?) shown before. Ignoring the ears size just the different skin color is enough to warrant a distinction. Maybe they have similar ancestors...

We capture Thralls from Graveyards!

I think the PoV just makes the ears look pointed, that Ranger is definitely human.

Elves hate Humans, but the Elves don't seem of the "foresty" nature, so hating himans for deforestation is a bit off to me.

Animal Husbandry is next so we can turn muskhogs into pack mules and caravaning will commence.

Design table or riot! Give it to us on Monday! ;)

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

What is the plan for respawn after death in the live game? Will we be teleported to a temple or can we respawn in graveyards too?

Maybe the champion is using some sort of teleport to bring a dead ally back to battle faster respawning he in a close graveyard.

13 minutes ago, coolster50 said:

We capture Thralls from Graveyards!

I think the PoV just makes the ears look pointed, that Ranger is definitely human.

Elves hate Humans, but the Elves don't seem of the "foresty" nature, so hating himans for deforestation is a bit off to me.

Animal Husbandry is next so we can turn muskhogs into pack mules and caravaning will commence.

Design table or riot! Give it to us on Monday! ;)

There is no way that ear is not pointed. No way.

I believe we all agree that humans are the plague of the universe. Any hate is totally justified.

10 minutes ago, BarriaKarl said:

This ranger is pretty different from the Frostweaver elves (I believe elfs is wrong?) shown before. Ignoring the ears size just the different skin color is enough to warrant a distinction. Maybe they have similar ancestors...

or maybe the Ranger is a Fae? Or its not a Ranger but a Fae Assassin using Ranger skills.

1 hour ago, durenthal said:

Where's the design table?  You advertised a design table in this teaser... all we've gotten is concept art, lore snippets, and a couple of icon images.

We gave you part of one, apparently you didn't recognize it.

1 hour ago, durenthal said:

Mr. Greco is producing some fine artwork, but the follow up on the big teaser sell has left me cold.

Be patient.  The teaser is not the reveal.

Todd

J Todd Coleman

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

[Rules of Conduct]

12 minutes ago, DragonKing24 said:

if they do upgrade the skills, promotions disciplines , do you think there will be a skill wipe ?

And at what point do you think they will have a soft launch of skill training being permanent because holy hell does it take a long time lol be nice to launch the game with everyone not completely new to get some variation in the game and not have to wait a year after launch.

that being said I'd love to see the testing servers up at least 23/6

Skill wipe very likely or at least wipe of the AT part of the skill tree if they can narrow it down that much, and we can keep the general skills)

99% sure there will be a complete wipe of anything not paid for at launch

5 minutes ago, BarriaKarl said:

Yes "elf" when you talk about one of them, and elves when it aobut multiple (and thus about the race as a whole as well), elfs makes no sense

Just now, BarriaKarl said:

What is the plan for respawn after death in the live game? Will we be teleported to a temple or can we respawn in graveyards too?

Maybe the champion is using some sort of teleport to bring a dead ally back to battle faster respawning he in a close graveyard.

well with the info we have currently temples are where you respawn, graveyards are for getting items for necromancy crafting

15 minutes ago, coolster50 said:
29 minutes ago, jtoddcoleman said:

We gave you part of one, apparently you didn't recognize it.

Be patient.  The teaser is not the reveal.

Todd

Sooo the icons were the design table?

Seems like it. Todd gave us a big hint saying it wasnt complete, i just couldnt understand how they could only amount to 11 options.

3 minutes ago, BarriaKarl said:

Pretty sure they remain hidden until you use. That way the character is cleaner. Imagine trying to be sneaky with those wings bumping everywhere.

We don't get sneaky/stealth.  As argued previously, you'll get the "magical ability to be invisible", as in every other MMO.  The second you allow chain/plate to be used for 'stealth'/sneaky, you've already ruined it, nevermind not having to adjust for location, shadow, etc. 

Folded wings perhaps, hidden though?  Seems unnecessary given the current/upcoming mechanics.