Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
SirGeorge

[30 min] Bloodbath Balance Vs Order

Combat felt alot better. There was clear lines of battle and when one line would break it felt like blood in the water, a few times over extension got punished.

It was more than likely the best group fighting i have experienced. There was some performance hitches but it was no where near as bad. For the most part it was smooth, only very minor warping and none of the really funky stuff we have seen in the past.

The only really weird thing i experienced is sometimes when i would ask a spell i would just stop and stand there for like 2 seconds and not cast the spell and nothing would happen. I stopped immediately chaining combos and it helped a little. 

But yea, more like 27 balance and only 3.231 order. Learn to count.

CfWBSig.png

2 hours ago, Vectious said:

Combat felt alot better. There was clear lines of battle and when one line would break it felt like blood in the water, a few times over extension got punished.

It was more than likely the best group fighting i have experienced. There was some performance hitches but it was no where near as bad. For the most part it was smooth, only very minor warping and none of the really funky stuff we have seen in the past.

The only really weird thing i experienced is sometimes when i would ask a spell i would just stop and stand there for like 2 seconds and not cast the spell and nothing would happen. I stopped immediately chaining combos and it helped a little. 

But yea, more like 27 balance and only 3.231 order. Learn to count.

Ya heard other people had some real problems with cancelling spells especially when things started get really flashy.  Biggest thing were nados,  when things got flashy Nado graphics started to lag behind a bit. 

As for counts.  Ya for the vast majority of the night Balance Definitely had numbers on everyone else, because 2 guilds were on Balance and non on order or chaos, was like it all night. Pretty much until people starting logging on and off and A guild popped up on Order :P

Edited by SirGeorge

4 minutes ago, coolwaters said:

Now it feels like home around here.

I was wondering when the numbers game would start in earnest. We might as well be playing SB2.0.

Let's not forget who said we had 15 people and then proclaimed "The few have defeated the many" when in actuality you guys just can't count :P

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

1 minute ago, blazzen said:

Performance looked decent. Still very hitchy and jerky with animations but at least no 5k ping spikes.

Im jealous of your accurate berserk timer. Mine crashes at around 1.4 seconds left. 

It's the best is has felt in a larger engagement since SP IMO. Had tons of fun, even getting pummeled for 30 minutes at the end.

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

8 minutes ago, destrin said:

Let's not forget who said we had 15 people and then proclaimed "The few have defeated the many" when in actuality you guys just can't count :P

I'm not casting stones man. I was only there for the last 10 minutes or so. I blame Guardians of the Galaxy 2.

I'm just noting behavior I've expected for some time - from everyone - that was very common in SB: the numbers games.

Someone mentioned this on our forums, but there is a clear reason these fights were so enjoyable to everyone involved compared to most of what we've had lately and it isn't just the performance.

Full FF just doesn't feel nearly as good in this game as the limited FF we had yesterday. Most of us recognized that all along, including JT himself. I wish VN would PvP some so he'd see what we talking about. This game is built for group and / or ally and faction immunity. It's far more enjoyable.

Edited by coolwaters

I don't know about that. If the next test doesn't come with all the bells and whistles of the next ~big reveal~ I say they give us a Bloodbath server with no factions to see how combat feels.

Hi, I'm moneda.

s1tKI24.png

1 hour ago, coolwaters said:

Someone mentioned this on our forums, but there is a clear reason these fights were so enjoyable to everyone involved compared to most of what we've had lately and it isn't just the performance.

Full FF just doesn't feel nearly as good in this game as the limited FF we had yesterday. Most of us recognized that all along, including JT himself. 

It'd be a lot cleaner if they just made FF Guild based instead of group/faction. Although that's completely dependent on the guild system being implemented and the rule set

Sugoi ! - Head of Disciplinary Committee

YhuWX9S.png

18 minutes ago, Uyathefox said:

It'd be a lot cleaner if they just made FF Guild based instead of group/faction. Although that's completely dependent on the guild system being implemented and the rule set

If guild based (or on Shadow Ruleset) whenever a big siege happens with multiple guilds on each side players will stack into 1 guild per side to avoid FF. 

1 hour ago, coolwaters said:

Full FF just doesn't feel nearly as good in this game as the limited FF we had yesterday. Most of us recognized that all along, including JT himself. I wish VN would PvP some so he'd see what we talking about. This game is built for group and / or ally and faction immunity. It's far more enjoyable.

The faction ruleset on Bloodbath means absolutely no FF, right? 

I don't think we've ever had good enough performance to really judge FF yet. Still lots of herky jerky animations and people warping during knockdown or tornadoes. The problem with no FF is the big AoE abilities like confessor AoE knockdown and Myrmidon whirlwind are very OP when they can be used whenever you want without the worry of FF. The lack of friendly fire also makes it easier to win via zerg. 

Given the current state of performance I agree it's much more enjoyable (easier) without FF. If you're looking to relax and PVP then no FF is definitely better as it does make things a bit mindless. I'm not sure mindless PVP is the way the Dregs should ultimately be though. 

Stricken, NICE WORK there doing some unaffiliated video taking there, you're mostly removed from the combat and provide a neat view point. Just shows how awesome an outside perspective can be, even with the UI elements there are. Thank you.

Good fights to all involved, there was some good push and pull back and forth over the evening.
For me it began with a few solo duels; as Bloodbath when it is calm has been very organized and respectful in terms of dueling, nice work CF community!
There is some issue with spawn camping, I don't understand why Temples can't be elevated or protected in some way to prevent this.

Eventually I got to be part of a group of 5 that sought out another group of 5...which quickly became 9. I sat in Crowform and waited as more people gathered, and then a fight began. Order v Balance with forces mostly made up of -W- and Sugoi. 
The fight lasted for almost 50 minutes straight with numbers fluctuating for both sides as Faction members joined based on who was winning.
Order held the lead for the most time on this one.
At one time I feel confident in thinking there were ~25 people fighting
Performance was good it seemed, as good or better as 5v5s I've had on Corruption.

Being a secondary horse, and just starting any training, my PoV is pretty boring but it shows the entirety of that time.

I've provided a timeline for skipping or checking in on certain parts.
0:00-7:00 Order pushes in on Balance Temple before being pushed back to their Temple
7:00-17:00 Balance holds Order at the outskirts of their Temple before being pushed back
17:00-25:00 some light mid field fights as sides regroup and Order moves towards Balance
25:00-49:00 a prolonged series of fights at and around the Balance Temple till it seems over
49:00-53:38 Nothing to see here folks

Edited by scornoflife

ScornofLife2.jpg

1 hour ago, blazzen said:

If guild based (or on Shadow Ruleset) whenever a big siege happens with multiple guilds on each side players will stack into 1 guild per side to avoid FF. 

They could put a cap on guild numbers to avoid this. 50, 80, 100 or whatever they think the magical number is. 

I'm still on the fence on this, it's hard to judge the FFA ruleset we have because it's lacking a bunch of key elements, like better nameplates, guild system, etc. On top of bugs that have been plaguing that ruleset for a while, like nameplates vanishing, draw distance, rubber banding, all the good stuff. The FFA ruleset certainly benefits the smaller group, that's for sure. Or has the potential to, provided they take advantage of it. However my first impression of this group based FF is that it restricts the compositions and formations you can do, since you need self sufficient group units that tend to spread out more and fight their own fights for the most part. Requires different tactics for sure. 

For the most part though, I'm perfectly happy with what the game aims to achieve: different rulesets. I hope we'll have faction based, guild immunity, 5-man group FF, etc. Each guild can play their favorite ruleset and hopefully we'll have enough of a population to fill all of those servers. 

1 hour ago, scornoflife said:

There is some issue with spawn camping, I don't understand why Temples can't be elevated or protected in some way to prevent this.

Maybe some big debuff? Something like stepping in sacred soil or something.

Could create some turtle fights though. Go out trying to kill someone and returns to hide if fail.

Edited by BarriaKarl

irrespective of any individual video makers or guilds, does anyone else feel that the combat/powers etc do not scale that well beyond say 5v5 (or 5v5v5), turns into a knockdown/heal train cluster blob? (and add endless aimless respawning into that too)

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png