Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
SirGeorge

[30 min] Bloodbath Balance Vs Order

Thank you Stricken for that 3rd party perspective it really highlighted the coordination of both factions during that fight.

My compliments to the men and women who spilled their blood and guts on the battlefield, and I'd call it coin well spent for those intrepid cyber warriors willing to risk an hour of their time for fun and glory no matter the numbers.

We came, We saw, We did our jobs...

Now it's time for JTodd to quit trolling us with the Tuesday Reveal, and make those 200 vs 200 fights a reality.       

11 minutes ago, Tinnis said:

irrespective of any individual video makers or guilds, does anyone else feel that the combat/powers etc do not scale that well beyond say 5v5 (or 5v5v5), turns into a knockdown/heal train cluster blob? (and add endless aimless respawning into that too)

When its gets to large GvG is comes down to entirely which team has more Templars / Legios / Fessors.  As all three are beyond a doubt the best AT in large GvG

23 minutes ago, Tinnis said:

irrespective of any individual video makers or guilds, does anyone else feel that the combat/powers etc do not scale that well beyond say 5v5 (or 5v5v5), turns into a knockdown/heal train cluster blob? (and add endless aimless respawning into that too)

Maybe, but I think that changes as we learn to play. All of us.

Maybe they could try some sort of soft-full-friendly-fire? Now calm down, there is no reason to look at me like that. I just dont think FF will work, the fights are too chaotic with fire tornadoes and AOE everywhere to just go all or nothing.

Now lets think of some examples of SFF:

I am not sure since i have never paid attention but i believe projectiles (arrows, fireballs, tornadoes) just pass through allies right? Make it so that ranged attacks stop if they ever hit a ally and giving some reduced damage.

Since we are talking about damage make it so that allies receive some reduced damage that requires some special healing. I was thinking of making it so that FF damage takes triple healing amount to heal and non-FF dmg takes precedence. EX: you have 100 hp takes 20 dmg from enemy and 10 from FF if the healer hit you for +30 you heal the 20 back to 90 and the other +10 only heals you to 94 hp.

I also think that if ranged FF-dmg does 50% then melee FF-dmg should do something like 75%. You cant expect a ranger to control their hits like a knight can.

I would also tone down the CC effects. Lets say:

FF Knock down -> Dizzy or stun
FF Silence -> Interrupt
FF Knock up -> Dizzy or stun
FF Blind -> Blind

This way if your companion ranger drops a AOE silence you would also feel the hit without feeling the urge to kill him for the bad timing.

Enemy healing... hmmm... Make it work like a normal heal, the only thing i would change would be that if you took FFdmg and the enemy heals you you dont have to pay the healing penalty.

TL;DR:
My idea is just to create a middle ground between NO-FF and FF. You can ignore the rest since i just like to think of these weird mechanics.

1 hour ago, SirGeorge said:

When its gets to large GvG is comes down to entirely which team has more Templars / Legios / Fessors.  As all three are beyond a doubt the best AT in large GvG

1 hour ago, angelmar said:

Numbers, and the fact that even a small (1-3) number advantage often completely flips the outcomes, has been a disturbingly consistent feature of CF combat.

Just my perspective/video essay on this issue.  This is an old unlisted video of a pretty random moment where the numbers change by small amounts (1-3 people) and the fights swing wildly:

EDIT:

Just watched Sir George's video & Fuzzy Math. Lol. 

Edited by angelmar

1 hour ago, angelmar said:

Just my perspective/video essay on this issue.  This is an old unlisted video of a pretty random moment where the numbers change by small amounts (1-3 people) and the fights swing wildly:

EDIT:

Hard to keep track of all the banners at all times but at 18:38 over the hill view there were about 15 of you with 2 just recently being killed... so 17 at the time? 

As I said I counted by banners.  So Randoms and spectators might of been counted as well.  

That said in regards to Fuzzy math. How about your video...  Where instead of 12 Sugoi its 8.. And half of them being druids / Templars...  its 2 druids and 1 templar?

I mean why bring a video with bad numbers into a conversation about bad number counts? 

9 minutes ago, SirGeorge said:

Hard to keep track of all the banners at all times but at 18:38 over the hill view there were about 15 of you with 2 just recently being killed... so 17 at the time? 

As I said I counted by banners.  So Randoms and spectators might of been counted as well.  

That said in regards to Fuzzy math. How about your video...  Where instead of 12 Sugoi its 8.. And half of them being druids / Templars...  its 2 druids and 1 templar?

I mean why bring a video with bad numbers into a conversation about bad number counts? 

Counts in the Number Sensitive video are confirmed by nameplates throughout.  Thats the whole point of the video is how rapidly very small numbers can shift fights dramatically.  Its an unlisted video, its not very exciting.  Just an interesting scenario with number differentials. 

Why post the video here?

It was an error. I had only skimmed the thread. I hadn't actually watched your video and was just responding to your interesting comment about the unfortunate fact that CF boils down to numbers of fessors/horses/templars.  

Edited by angelmar

1 minute ago, angelmar said:

just responding to your interesting comment about the unfortunate fact that CF boils down to numbers of fessors/horses/templars.  

In large GvGs 30+ people it groups that have the most fessors / horses /templars.  Generally win as all three ATs excel the more people there are. 1-2 people standing in a templar DL is handy but not particularly powerful, but 5-9 people standing makes it very powerful.  Fessors,  with a strong AOE kit, make them probably the best dps AT in GvGs, in comparison to other ATs.   Legios. are the best AOE healers for GvGs at the moment.

I mean If druids Healing rain circle was bigger orbs generated a bit less essence so they could put down more orbs.  They could compete. But as is the more people that get added in the more the Legios blanket aoe heals start to take superiority.

Im not saying fessors / legios / templars are overpowered.  But that they are some of the few ATs that excel the more and more people that get added. 

8 hours ago, coolwaters said:

Full FF just doesn't feel nearly as good in this game as the limited FF we had yesterday. Most of us recognized that all along, including JT himself. I wish VN would PvP some so he'd see what we talking about. This game is built for group and / or ally and faction immunity. It's far more enjoyable.

Oh I highly doubt JTC isn't willing to try full FF if there is a demand for it later on when more people are playing the game and the game has more polish. 

Full ff would definitely allow the better players to define their skill over less-skilled players more clearly.

I think if you really enjoyed 3 faction FF rules then maybe 3 faction is the band you will enjoy most. 

Like I've always said FF needs to be tried later with more players and when the game is optimized properly and closer to completion.  If they added it right now it would probably just limit the playerbase too much as the game isn't ready for it, and the current playerbase doesn't seem to be the type that would enjoy full FF.  Maybe JTC recognizes that as well!

I definitely hope that dregs has full FF though, they can have more lenient FF rules for softer bands but the dregs should definitely be hardcore and not be softened when they already have other bands that can offer softened rulesets.

Edited by VIKINGNAIL

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

14 hours ago, angelmar said:

LOL, you're one to talk about fuzzy math Angelmar. Watched your vid and you start by saying there were 9 Sugoi "camping" Order. There were 7 of us for the first half of the fight. Just watch Destrin's POV, he's in the second team and there's only 2 of them. Dinorage arrived halfway through after you guys had already pushed back to balance as our 8th (and second horse at that). Weskejak (9th) came at the last 10 min or so and barely played. By that time all those randos you counted had all logged off or left already because you guys had been camping the temple for a while, so it was only Sugoi left. 

Also Sugoi was not camping Order. We were dueling around with random folks all day. In fact if you watch the vids you guys were the ones who rolled over to the balance temple once you got your dozen online members. But hey, nice RP story! :P