Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ntgeranis

Races

With the possibility of a switch to race/class combo instead of archetypes possibly on the horizon, You should look into possibly implementing more animal races, specifically some sort of lizard and avian races. I don't think it's too far off considering we already have a centaur, anthropomorphic bull and anthropomorphic hamster, with an anthropomorphic deer on the way.

Something like a Dragonborn and an Aaracockra from D&D.

Thoughts?

But the way it is now, races/classes are intertwined/locked, so that would be irrelevent. It wouldn't be a new race, it would be a new archetype. With all of the teasers they've put out this week my guess is they're doing away with archetypes and going with a race/class system, which is why I'm suggesting some more races. UNLESS, archetypes were just supposed to be a placeholder the whole time. Hmm....:huh:

Tired of dragon people in games. Can't it just be a lizardman? Like in Warhammer. Would be way cooler and less special snowflake.

Edited by Meta-Play

I like the variety of races they have now. It really doesn't impress me if they add more anthropomorphs to the game with a bunch of the same classes, I'd rather see more distinction between the existing races so they are meaningfully different rather than 40 beast men with randomly different class choices and vaguely different stat effects. 

Things like real cavalry action with centaurs, something that other races have to use a mount and equestrian disciplines to participate in. Or even deep flight mechanics for Fae, which maybe only Guineacians can share by using bird mounts/carriers to experience.

If they do add other races, I hope they are more unique then the common selection of humanoids, like mermaids, Naga, or sentient beasts that don't stand and carry human weapons. That kind of human flavored beast race crap was old before it was invented. Narnia is a better template. 

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

On 5/13/2017 at 10:38 AM, ntgeranis said:

...specifically some sort of lizard and avian races...
Thoughts?

Irekei and Aracoix

These seem to be the two most desired to get a reboot. Both are from Shadowbane.

Personally Id like to play as a Thrall, because who doesnt want to be a walking possessed corpse.

Expect stuff like this to come post launch.(which is post soft-launch, ACE is small so they need time to nail down the boards.)

Edited by Kiro

[TB] The Balance
Nation of Equilibrium

I've always wanted to play as a spider or some horrible insect :)

But it's usually impossible because of the complexity of their animations and the fact you cannot recycle from other races. (and this is also why everything is anthropomorphic in video games)

I dream of the day I'll be able to play a tyrannid or one of the hunger beasts :P

Besides Irekei and Aracroix, I also really liked Nephilim from Shadowbane. They had some really good classes, like channeler, fury, scout, prelate, warlock. Overall, I like the direction the game is going-I think they are pulling in more aspects of SB.

On 5/30/2017 at 9:29 AM, Sandoval said:

Try once LOTRO as a monster, you can play warg and spider... it's funny but not for long

Lotro Monster play sucked IMO. 

So much potential wasted.

One thing Lotro did have going for it was that ABC file music system... so many people spammed Through the Fire and Flames or Stairway to Heaven in Bree crafting hub and in/infront of The Prancing Pony.

Edited by Kiro

[TB] The Balance
Nation of Equilibrium