Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
MrPriest

New Player - Testing Features - Questions

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone.
I am sure it's been asked before, but searching the forums got me so many different topics, from different times...

Basically, I haven't played the game yet, and I am not sure what are the available features of the current test phase, in other words, what can I do?
Is there a faq, a list, a sticky post, a page, or any source of info, that talks about what can be done in the active phases?

Apologies for the probably duplicate question, thanks for answering!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have yet to play but have watched a number of different streamers. Currently eternal kingdowns are up 24/7 so you can go to your EK or someone elses and duel them, harvest low level resources, do some basic crafting. I'm not sure how much building there you can do currently, I think if you have buildings as part of your package then you can place them and get them back after the next wipe but I'm not sure. The big world is open on the weekends (https://www.crowfall.com/en/playtest-schedule/). In the big world you can wander about and find houses and castles and loot some chests in them with very minimal loot. You can find better resources then you can in the EK's, so you can do more involved crafting. There are no objectives or real game mode right now. You can just play around with crafting, skills and the combat system and help them test this and give feedback.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

tofu pretty much covered it, i believe you can craft stuff (parcels under geomancy) not sure where buildings are but i havent tested it much myself.

campaigns are currently up so theres that as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a few noob questions I'll tack here instead of making a new thread. 

1. Moving wasd with left hand, haven't done it since original darkfall release but I am re-learning slowly.  Circle strafing and keeping on a target may never happen lol.  Powers are triggered by hitting number keys except the number pad on my keyboard doesn't trigger them with numlock on or off.  How are you supposed to trigger your powers then? 

2. Is there a way to re-order the powers in your tray or swap them out?   

3. On a related note with a druid for instance with two power trays do you have to toggle between the healing and damage trays to cast from each?

4.  What FPS should I be looking for at a minimum for smoothness in PVP?  I have turned video settings to basic, turned off shadows and am in windowed mode and getting 17-20 fps.  I may need a new computer I fear.

Edited by BraveSirRobin

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/5/2017 at 4:22 PM, MrPriest said:

Hello everyone.
I am sure it's been asked before, but searching the forums got me so many different topics, from different times...

Basically, I haven't played the game yet, and I am not sure what are the available features of the current test phase, in other words, what can I do?
Is there a faq, a list, a sticky post, a page, or any source of info, that talks about what can be done in the active phases?

Apologies for the probably duplicate question, thanks for answering!

Tofu already covered it pretty well, so just gonna add in about the buildings in your EK. Currently all testers get some testing copies of some buildings and parcels(land), and as well you will be able to import anything from your pledge packet/other purchases you done from the CF Store. All this will be reset and re-granted to you with each patch, including for launch in the case the stuff you actually own from packages, the testing copies are ofc only for as long as testing runs (or however long Artcraft feel it is needed)

 

28 minutes ago, BraveSirRobin said:

I have a few noob questions I'll tack here instead of making a new thread. 

1. Moving wasd with left hand, haven't done it since original darkfall release but I am re-learning slowly.  Circle strafing and keeping on a target may never happen lol.  Powers are triggered by hitting number keys except the number pad on my keyboard doesn't trigger them with numlock on or off.  How are you supposed to trigger your powers then? 

2. Is there a way to re-order the powers in your tray or swap them out?   

3. On a related note with a druid for instance with two power trays do you have to toggle between the healing and damage trays to cast from each?

4.  What FPS should I be looking for at a minimum for smoothness in PVP?  I have turned video settings to basic, turned off shadows and am in windowed mode and getting 17-20 fps.  I may need a new computer I fear.

1: You are supposed to use the numbers 1, 2, 3 etc above the letters on your keyboard, like just about any other game that have WASD movement and some sort of abilities does(pretty sure at a later date before launch we will be able to remap them if we want, but they dont have that functionality in and working properly yet

2: Yes open your inv and pressed the icon closest to the actual inventor at the bottom of your screen to access the powers menu(can never remember the hotkey to go straight to it xD) you fact you should go there as you have no passives equipped from start, and not having passives on is a huge disadvantage)

3: Yes, and with druid it is paramount you do it as healing spells drain you essence (the druid resource type), where attack spells build essence, but if you get above 80% essence you get heavy dmg on yourself constantly till you get it below 80% again

4: that is definitely a bit low, what is optimal will depend on who you ask but anything below 30 is pretty much not optimal for anyone, some swear they need 60+ and some even 100+FPS to make any game even playable, if we got your exact specs we could help you more on this though, also noone really know for sure what the final min/recommended specs are gonna be, nor even what they are exactly right now (the ones in the specs are WAY old from before we even the CW's and the game was more arena like gameplay). For that reason I wouldn't rush out to buy a new computer right here and now unless you really need to (or got way too much money anyway :P), 20 or so should still be playable and they have been optimising and still is the game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That sucks I am kinda old and retired and I don't have the finger dexterity to hit those keys with the same hand I am moving with.  Another question, do they wipe the characters and training with each patch so you have to start from scratch or do they endure?


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BraveSirRobin said:

That sucks I am kinda old and retired and I don't have the finger dexterity to hit those keys with the same hand I am moving with.  Another question, do they wipe the characters and training with each patch so you have to start from scratch or do they endure?

A gaming mouse with some extra buttons on it might help with that.


IhhQKY6.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, BraveSirRobin said:

That's a good idea.  Seems like there's plenty of time before launch to get used to that.  Thanks.

 

Yeah a gaming mouse to bind keys to seem like the only viable solution tbh, as sure you could probably bind them eventually to your numpad if you wanted once we get keybinding in and working, but even then you kinda be missing a hand still, one for moving with wasd, one for activating the powers on the numpad, and a 3rd for looking around with the mouse xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll compensate as best I can.  Has  ACE ever wiped training back to zero?  I wonder if friends who have access but are waiting for the game to get to at least beta before playtesting should at least DL the client and start their passive training going.


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Gummiel said:

2: Yes open your inv and pressed the icon closest to the actual inventor at the bottom of your screen to access the powers menu(can never remember the hotkey to go straight to it xD) you fact you should go there as you have no passives equipped from start, and not having passives on is a huge disadvantage)

Wow in windowed mode those icons aren't visible.  As soon as I went full screen they popped up.


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BraveSirRobin said:

I'll compensate as best I can.  Has  ACE ever wiped training back to zero?  I wonder if friends who have access but are waiting for the game to get to at least beta before playtesting should at least DL the client and start their passive training going.

Not so far, however I think there have been talk about a skill revamp on the skill tree at some point, which I would geuss would require it, and at the very least there will be a complete wipe of everything for launch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another question about training.  Do skills that raise attack power when a weapon is equipped raise attack power on spells?  For instance will training raise attack power on one handed weapon strengthen heals and nukes if I am holding one handed weapon?

 


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...