Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
scorpiova

Is game in early access now? I'm confused.

Hey there,

So... I just setup an account and bought the 69 dollar package to get early access to the game. And I am a bit confused - while I did get an email confirming my purchase and my account says yes I have the game. Are we in early access now, if not, when are we in early access?

Would be nice to get an email with a link to the game client or whatever is used to download the game. I may have missed something in what I have read - but I thought by buying the 69 dollar package would grant access to the game "now". Anyhow I may have misunderstood, and if not, when does early access start?

You got the the 2017 Backer Bundle?

That one grants acess to Beta 1. Right now we are in pre-alpha so unfortunely you arent going to be able to play right now. I dont know which one grants you acess immediately.

I believe you need alpha 2 acess but dont be hasty and wait for someone to confirm this.

6 minutes ago, BarriaKarl said:

You got the the 2017 Backer Bundle?

That one grants acess to Beta 1. Right now we are in pre-alpha so unfortunely you arent going to be able to play right now. I dont know which one grants you acess immediately.

I believe you need alpha 2 acess but dont be hasty and wait for someone to confirm this.

Alright that seems correct. Any idea when beta 1 will be starting?

34 minutes ago, scorpiova said:

Alright that seems correct. Any idea when beta 1 will be starting?

Recently, Crowfall’s developers sat down for a lengthy Reddit AMA answering a lot of questions from the community. When asked about the possible beta testing date and release date, Gordon Walton said, “We'll be letting beta 1 players into testing this year as we start more persistent testing. Actual beta TBD. Actual launch date even more TBD.”

Copied from here.

Like said above there is no date around. I believe we are gonna get 24/7 servers soon so it shouldnt take long. You can try and throw more 30 bucks and go for the 2017 bronze bundle that grants you alpha 3.

EDIT:

Okay! I just checked the FAQ and it seems people with alpha 3 can play the the game right now. Getting those 30 extra dollars seems like a good deal.

2. WHO HAS ACCESS TO PLAYTESTS NOW?

As of the beginning of April 2016, backers whose pledge packages contain one of these test rewards: Pre-Alpha 1 & 2 and Alpha 1, 2 & 3.

Edited by BarriaKarl

They invited all Beta 1 backers as of April 1...  you should have access.  

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

17 hours ago, BarriaKarl said:

Right now we are in pre-alpha so unfortunely you arent going to be able to play right now.

Not true. People with beta 1 access have already been invited to pre-alpha. He can play.

IhhQKY6.gif

There is a bit of confusion when it comes to CF early access. What the others have said is true, even though we are currently in Pre-Alpha, you as a beta 1 holder can still play when the servers are up. Right now servers are typically up Friday - Monday, check the testing schedule to see upcoming testing dates. You can also log in outside of the testing dates and look at skills and set your passive skill training.

Now comes the fun part, at any point in the future ACE may remove your testing access until they reach Beta 1 status. Typically with each new major release of content to testing they revoke all testing access except for those backers who have the appropriate phase of test access, which as of now will be only those with Pre-Alpha access. ACE has been pretty generous with then opening up access to other users with access to later phases of testing, as is evident with the current status of allowing Beta 1 backers into the current Pre-Alpha testing.

TLDR: You have access because ACE is being nice, plus they want your money but that does not guarantee you to have access until the game reaches your current backer/status level, i.e. Beta 1.

Edited by Verot

Welcome to the forums.

And so much confusion. ;) Adding to Uta and Verot, I'll try to explain some more - so if anyone asks, you will be able to help them, too.

First you should know that, when it comes to Crowfall, the stage of development and the pledge level that will grant access to the playtests are not the same.

Stage of development

The current stage of development is Pre-Alpha.
Meaning: Current test environments include only specific parts of the future game - not all of them (to say: you will only be able to test and experience parts of the game). For example Hunger Dome (1.x) was about basic fighting and Siege Perilous (2.x) was about basic destruction. Since BigWorld (3.x) we do have access to a basic world environment and lately eternal kingdoms have been added.
Alpha will be the stage, when all parts of the game has been developed basically and will be put together for the first time and the fun of 'this will be the game' will start. Beta will be finetuning.

Test level access

The current pledge level that will give you access to at least parts of the test environments is Beta-2 (which equals either the contributor package or the backer package, depending on when you bought it).
They started the testing in 2015 with the pre-alpha backers (5k$ and more) but (i think) soon came to the conclusion that having only about two dozen testers who don't frequently test the game (probably working too much -- to pay off their packages *cough*) won't produce enough testing data. So they decided to seperate the stage of development from the test access level and, on the average, invited the next group in the line about every 3-4 month. Which currently means down to Beta-2.
Until and including Milestone 3.0 (BigWorld) they always rolled up the whole test-access thing. To say: who had access before had no access again and had to wait until higher levels had their testing and the worst bugs had been fixed.
This had several reasons. The high pledgers probably would have freaked out if they had been granted only a few weeks of early testing before those with significant lower pledges got access, too. Those who spent more money are more likely to tolerate mindblowing bugs and to report them in a constructive way. And granting early early access to more people (after the first bugs have been killed and the test experience is more or less good enough) produces a lot of more test data and feedback.
This procedure already changed unofficially with 4.x and will change officially soon with the next milestone. Backers who had access before will be able to continue testing when the next milestones enter our test worlds. However, according to ACE, new features will be put into specific new worlds that will be accessible only in the usual order: pre-alpha 1 first, then Pre-Alpha 2, Alpha 1/2/3, Beta 1/2. And at some time Beta-3 will be invited next - but I guess this won't be before summer, since Beta-2 has been invited not long before.

New entitlements will be granted once or twice a week automatically. If you just bought a package and want to test immediately, you can contact support@crowfall.com to be entitled manually. Once the title under your forum avatar picture shows 'Testers', you will be able to log into the test.

For the sake of completeness, though some of it has been mentioned before:

And as always: if in doubt, ask the community or contact support@crowfall.com.

Have fun, good luck

Kraahk

Edited by Kraahk

2W1ZHpA.jpg

Ok cool - thanks everyone for the responses. I have downloaded the client and what not - just trying to install there now. But I think I might have missed the window to do so.

No big deal I can wait until the next turn. Right now the client shows that it has made 0% progress in downloading then crashes after five minutes of waiting.

When I try to re-open the launcher - I get an error host: single-instance.

EDIT: Strike that - its still open - was just hiding on me lol. Very slow to download - but looking forward to testing it out.

Edited by scorpiova

On 15.5.2017 at 9:01 PM, Kraahk said:

*a lot of informative stuff*

Wow! Nice that I came to browse the forums. I had no idea Beta-2 has access already.

I have a lot of stuff listed in my account related to testing (I'm a kickstarter early bird contributor). I haven't found out what most of this means:

Play Test SP Access Entitlement
Play Test 2 Access Entitlement
Play Test 3 Participant
Play Test 3 Access Entitlement
Beta Group 2
Beta Group 6

I would much appreciate, if someone can enlighten me on the nuances of all these privlidges. Especially:

- How does Play Test X relate to pre-alpha, alpha and beta?
- Does entitlement mean I was allowed to enter these specific tests already?
- What is the difference of participant and access entitlement? Normally I would know, but I have never participated to any tests so far.
- How come I'm in Beta group 2 and 6? I suppose Beta-6 is redundant here as I'll already have better access with B2?
- I never got an email about having access to a testing round. I suppose this is because I was on auto-pilot and unclicked the box that the team can send me news and information about the game?

17 minutes ago, Aldahen said:

Wow! Nice that I came to browse the forums. I had no idea Beta-2 has access already.

I have a lot of stuff listed in my account related to testing (I'm a kickstarter early bird contributor). I haven't found out what most of this means:

Play Test SP Access Entitlement
Play Test 2 Access Entitlement
Play Test 3 Participant
Play Test 3 Access Entitlement
Beta Group 2
Beta Group 6

I would much appreciate, if someone can enlighten me on the nuances of all these privlidges. Especially:

- How does Play Test X relate to pre-alpha, alpha and beta?
- Does entitlement mean I was allowed to enter these specific tests already?
- What is the difference of participant and access entitlement? Normally I would know, but I have never participated to any tests so far.
- How come I'm in Beta group 2 and 6? I suppose Beta-6 is redundant here as I'll already have better access with B2?
- I never got an email about having access to a testing round. I suppose this is because I was on auto-pilot and unclicked the box that the team can send me news and information about the game?

A lot of these are more or less some kind of administration notes.

• 'Entitlements' indicate that your account have (or had - like in the SP entitlement, this was the Siege Perilous test) access to a specific stage of testing.
  • 'Participant' should indicate that you somehow did participate in this stage of testing (maybe even just downloaded the client or something like that - i don't know).
  • Accounts can include several Pre-Alpha/Alpha/Beta groups. The important one is the highest, anything else doesn't matter for you. They are probably just listed for administrational purposes.
  • As far as i know, if you opt out of the mailing list, you won't get the eMail that tells you you are in. You will have to check it yourself.

2W1ZHpA.jpg