Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cejo

Flip/Mirror Segments

Is there a way to flip/mirror (not just rotate) building segments?  I didn't see anything listed on the placement menu.

This would be super useful for the switch-back ramps.  I was able to kind of replicate one of the ramps using stairs and corner pieces, but I can't quite get the alignment right.

I don't remember seeing that option. Though, I totally gave up setting up my EK because I don't have the patience to deal with the camera while placing my buildings. I mean they totally just need a top down view (god view) to make placing your buildings and walls less of a pain in the butt.

And yes a flip option would be helpful in some situations.

Eat or be eaten

21 hours ago, Cejo said:

Is there a way to flip/mirror (not just rotate) building segments?  I didn't see anything listed on the placement menu.

This would be super useful for the switch-back ramps.  I was able to kind of replicate one of the ramps using stairs and corner pieces, but I can't quite get the alignment right.

Omen remembered correctly. There is no mirror option. If you want to build something like two Ramp Basics with one mirrored, there is currently no other way but to simulate the Ramp Basic pieces by using the Wall Corner 1 and the Ramp Basic 2 pieces.

A little bug can help with the alignment - if necessary and as long as this bug exists. You can put pieces into others, ignoring their collision restrictions. Lets say you want to put piece A into piece B. Build piece B. Click on any building piece in your inventory (can be A but don't have to be) and put it correctly onto on of the connection points of piece B until it gets yellow - but don't execute the connection. Instead open your inventory and click on piece A. Now piece A will ignore the collision and connector restrictions of piece B. Like this:

9wMKZkV.jpg

16 hours ago, Omen said:

I don't remember seeing that option. Though, I totally gave up setting up my EK because I don't have the patience to deal with the camera while placing my buildings. I mean they totally just need a top down view (god view) to make placing your buildings and walls less of a pain in the butt.

And yes a flip option would be helpful in some situations.

I don't know. A top-down view will surely cause problems with the height adjustment of building parts. And usually you should be able to zoom out pretty much (enough) by using your mousewheel.

YqHyzAa.jpg

If it doesn't work, relog should help. You can move the camera only within a certain distance to your character, though. And there's a strange kind of bug that won't allow you to just turn turn around the camera and go "forward" back if you reach the camera border. You'll literally have to move the camera backwards to turn around and move forward again. But hey, it's testing and it surely will be improved. Meanwhile, just place your character somewhere in the middle of your building project, zoom out, keep your camera near your character and it should be able to place your building parts pretty well.

2W1ZHpA.jpg

Thanks to both. 

I DID manage to get it close, but if you're making a large structure the errors inevitably multiply.  Though, I'm not sure I fully use your method, Kraahk...I will need to try.  Seems like you might be able to limit/eliminate the offset/error.  I tried many ways, but...I don't know if yours was one of them. Regardless, that shouldn't be necessary.  It should snap what we want, and idk, maybe an alt-drag to disable snap?  Something like that?

I ended up with a tunnel on one side of basically a square that a umm...a guineacian (?) couldn't fit through.

It needs to be plumb-level so we can make precise, but varied structures.   (ie: we need to be able to flip/mirror our segments).

I also felt that the camera was way off to start (it used to get stuck?) but has gotten slightly better. 

Regardless, it's still not perfect, and I hear you Omen.  I feel like if you want full top down, you should be able to pan to that, and if you want full side mode (from any angle), you should be able to do that, too.

There also shouldn't be a limit to how far forward/back you can walk.  Though I think I've encountered that, too.

Edited by Cejo