Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Crowfall Live! "Massive Reveal" Q&A - Official question thread

37 minutes ago, Helix said:

Kinda curious what the advantages of putting an ability in the "ultimate" spot will be. Do all classes still just get one ultimate or will disciplines also grant swapable ultimates? Will "normal" abilities from disciplines that get slotted in the ultimate spot also require soul power or will their functionality change?

How much harder /rarer will "epic" major disciplines be to find/craft in comparison to the other disciplines. This is a big one for me, seeing as a huge amount of progression is behind a crafting / resource wall.

On 5/15/2017 at 4:42 PM, Pann said:

If you would like to ask a question during the "Massive Reveal" livestream with Creative Director J. Todd Coleman and Design Lead Thomas Blair, you've come to the right place. 

A few guidelines for submitting questions: 
1. One question per post. (You are welcome to post more than once.) 
2. Do not ask compound questions. For example: "Are Guinecians color-blind and what songs do they usually sing at karaoke?" is two questions thinly disguised as one. Don't do that. 
3. Stay on topic. In this case, the topic is "Massive Reveal". Questions should be relevant to Tuesday's announcement. 
4. Comments and discussions about the "Massive Reveal" belong in the official discussion thread already in progress and may be removed from this thread. 

:P might want to break up those questions into multiple posts 

Will you need to choose which passives to equip just like you choose actives (aka The Secret World)? I saw that you can have 3, so does that mean if you equip a Discipline rune, you can choose whether or not to equip that passive?

I'm specifically looking at this one with two competing passives listed:

rawweapontooltips010.png

Would you consider adding a permanent vessel tab, what I mean is once a vessel is unlocked it becomes available to use sort of like a character slot, VIP's would have more open Vessel slots with the option to purchase more in a cash shop for everyone. Basically this seems like a way to appease both the Lore & vessels crowd and the character slot crowd ?

The semantics of durability and all that stuff could be worked out.

You mentioned in the summary post that disciplines are crafted, can scale up in quality (which affects bonuses), and you are planning to increase the difficulty (or cost) of crafting them. My question is:

Are there any plans to make discipline-specific components? If so, what methods of acquiring those components are planned? Harvested, crafted, looted, hunted, found, "named" mobs?

For example, we may need to acquire some specific drop or harvest-able in order to create the Troubadour discipline - for example a golden harp string. That harp string may only drop from a named Harpy mob, which can be locked down or hunted. Shadowbane had an excellent discipline hunting system that could be iterated on here and made into something truly great. I'd love to see the exploration tree include a tracking system not just for players, but for discipline-related components and mobs.

Edited by mctan

Mic MWH, Member of Mithril Warhammers since 2003,

Hammers High! http://www.mithrilwarhammers.com

@jtoddcoleman

Are you still planning Advantages and Disadvantages (either generic or better yet tied to either race, classes or a combination)

Any word on how promotions will go forward too - if they still are. I noticed you did not add placeholder promotion names or trees for the templar for instance

Thanks for any information you are willing to provide ;)

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

If these initial race/class combos are based on lore, why weren't Centaurs allowed to be Rangers? There is lore and artwork that supports Centaurs using bows and arrows. 

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

Will the Ranger skill tree be reworked to allow Rangers to gain the range Stalkers were planned to have? The skill tree gives Rangers a max of 63 meters (when they were projectiles, the tree doesn't work with raycast), but I don't know the range Stalkers were planned to have. 

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

What's the goal number for race x class combinations in total?

Meaning: A x B = ???

Edited by baska

“War is mass murder, conscription is slavery and taxation is robbery.” ― Murray N. Rothbard
alGxc9C.png
✣Junte-se a nós✣

Are all the passive powers explicitly labelled as passives in their descriptions?  Looking at several disciplines, there are powers that look like passives but don't say they're passives.

For example Juggernaut: is "toughness" a passive?  "Spite" explicitly states it is.

Example #2: Mudman - many of those powers don't look like they go on a power bar, but don't say passive.