Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Crowfall GvG: Day 2 Bloodbath GvG 30+

SirGeorge

What are Legios lol...

But, I won't deny you're a damn fine horse SirGeorge, many a good save by you and well played by everyone! It was hard to tell at times in the video but not many people died on either side despite all the back and forth, although I think you guys managed to secure more kills than us! Every time someone from Sugoi got low SirGeorge wasn't far behind, so that's my excuse :lol: 

P.S. Grr Winterblades 🦌

eecdd84bdc5daead4b795a3e075d2347.png

24 minutes ago, Xarrayne said:

What are Legios lol...

But, I won't deny you're a damn fine horse SirGeorge, many a good save by you and well played by everyone! It was hard to tell at times in the video but not many people died on either side despite all the back and forth, although I think you guys managed to secure more kills than us! Every time someone from Sugoi got low SirGeorge wasn't far behind, so that's my excuse :lol: 

I think final death counts.  Were Balance:6 and order:18 

Considering balance retained the terrain advantage. it made it significantly hard for order to push in without, having to split, suffering massive casualties, or possibly being wiped. So order often had to move back after engaging. Doing so usually meant the loss of 2-4 members.

Had terrain advantage been a bit forgiving. Perhaps the counts would of been closer. 

Edited by SirGeorge

Yeah the size of map/proximity of temples does encourage a "Bloodbath" as the name suggests :lol: but it makes it harder for either side to gain a decisive advantage and a full wipe is nigh unthinkable! Team composition does definitely help (TempLegioFessor-Fall for the win!) but team comp is part of strategy, and strategy is part of combat, so maybe I should get with the times! As you said elsewhere the main reason classes are strong right now because group combat is becoming more common and that's where they shine... but hopefully Druid does get some love soon anyway, especially if ACE are projecting that numbers are only gonna get bigger!

P.S. Grr Winterblades 🦌

That was pretty fun even with my ISP consternations...   The ebb and flow of battle gave me hope for some great things to come.   I like Druid play best but Legio is the backbone atm.

Edited by Frykka

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

@SirGeorge What are your computer specs? Saw a lot of teens to 20's FPS in your video so I'm curious. 

I agree that something will have to be done to make legio a bit more of an active healer. Too many of the heals are fire and forget and hit the whole group. Maybe the easiest thing to do would be to greatly reduce the range on the whole group heals so the group at least has to stack in closer to get the heal. 

Blazzen <Lords of Death>

YouTube - Twitch - Guild

6 minutes ago, blazzen said:

I agree that something will have to be done to make legio a bit more of an active healer. Too many of the heals are fire and forget and hit the whole group. Maybe the easiest thing to do would be to greatly reduce the range on the whole group heals so the group at least has to stack in closer to get the heal. 

Indeed and there have been plenty of suggestions on the forum (as well as past hints in the testing...)

Make rallying cry a PBAoE. Make eternal rage a short range AoE cone.

Reinstate effects such as 'discipline' where instead of direct healing - you apply a buff to allies, they then need to attack an enemy within the short duration in order to restore health, reinstate effects such as a 'inspiring shield' where you apply a buff to allies that only triggers a heal as a reaction to say taking damage (or being CCd etc) during a short duration. Barriers, cleanses and short immunity buffs etc

Restore effects the prevent stacking and reapplication of such buffs for a duration after their use etc

Edited by Tinnis

Just now, Tinnis said:

Indeed and there have been plenty of suggestions on the forum (as well as past hints in the testing...)

Make rallying cry a PBAoE. Make eternal rage a short range AoE cone.

Reinstate effects such as 'discipline' where instead of direct healing - you apply a buff to allies, they then need to attack an enemy within the short duration in order to restore health, reinstate effects such as a 'inspiring shield' where you apply a buff to allies that only triggers a heal as a reaction to say taking damage (or being CCd etc)

Restore effects the prevent stacking and reapplication of such buffs for a duration after their use etc

Yeah I'd like to try it where the two group heals have a range of only about 10 - 15 meters and make the legio have to get closer to the person he wants to heal and/or make the group clump up to get the big heal. 

Legio = melee healer

Druid = ranged healer 

Blazzen <Lords of Death>

YouTube - Twitch - Guild

4 minutes ago, blazzen said:

Yeah I'd like to try it where the two group heals have a range of only about 10 - 15 meters and make the legio have to get closer to the person he wants to heal and/or make the group clump up to get the big heal. 

Legio = melee healer

Druid = ranged healer 

but also need to make it so you have to aim and look at your allies rather than just mashing in the general area....even at point blank. and actually make decisions about who you cover with a power. like the druid has to. (also the fact that the legio is always targetted for the heals adds to the easy mode)

also i literally disgusted myself at how OP and easy mode this example of legio healing was @SoulreaverPoV

3m39s VIDEO

Edited by Tinnis

9 minutes ago, Tinnis said:

but also need to make it so you have to aim and look at your allies rather than just mashing in the general area....even at point blank. and actually make decisions about who you cover with a power. like the druid has to. (also the fact that the legio is always targetted for the heals adds to the easy mode)

also i literally disgusted myself at how OP and easy mode this example of legio healing was @SoulreaverPoV

3m39s VIDEO

I'm thinking of something that would be very easy for ACE to implement. Changing the range of 2 legio heals seems like it would be a quick thing to do. Making them cones or whatever would be harder. 

Positioning is a matter of skill just as much as aim is so if legio heals are very short range and require good positioning I think that would be okay when compared to druid heals which require aim. 

Blazzen <Lords of Death>

YouTube - Twitch - Guild

26 minutes ago, blazzen said:

Legio = melee healer

Druid = ranged healer 

An AOE Heal over time seem like it would work. If Lego is supposed to be a melee healer the AOE would require him to fight near his friends as much as possible. And the HoT would stop the fact that Legos can with one button press bring a ally back from certain death to over 50% hp.

EDIT:

I think HoT is not the right word. It is more like the lego power keep healing companions inside the AOE and not just going "Get closer to heal! ...Okay, now you can scatter again."

Edited by BarriaKarl

26 minutes ago, blazzen said:

I'm not sure if you guys noticed this, but the #2 bellow heal was already changed to something of a ray cast. It no longer heals anyone in the area as it used to, you need to aim at the target you want to heal (that's why I thought it was feeling wonky before, I hadn't played the game in a while). It became significantly harder to hit it in the middle of a laggy clustercustard. Also you need to be at about 4m from the target. I think reducing the range on #6 and C would be the way to go. I agree 50m is too much. Maybe 15m for #6 and 25m for C. That's the same nerf they gave Lucio on OW, reduced the radius of his healing field, but increased the healing amount. But tbh what we really need is better heals for Druid, not to completely nerf legio heals. TTK is finally feeling really good right now.

25 minutes ago, Tinnis said:

3m39s VIDEO

Gives the term -support- a new meaning.

Huginn ok Muninn, fljúga hverjan dag, Jörmungrund yfir; óumk ek of Hugin,, at hann aftr né komi-t, þó sjámk meir of Munin

Gathering of Ranger videos

19 minutes ago, Soulreaver said:

Gives the term -support- a new meaning.

Does this finally mean we'll be able to heal stupid? Are Legios so OP they broke even that rule?

P.S. Grr Winterblades 🦌

This fight was super fun IMO. Had a blast just holding ground and pushing Order.  This was more fun than the other hour long fight we had.

1 hour ago, Tinnis said:

3m39s VIDEO

Hopefully with the reveal today we get information that will let us believe that the druid can be a better main healer.

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

4 minutes ago, destrin said:

This fight was super fun IMO. Had a blast just holding ground and pushing Order.  This was more fun than the other hour long fight we had.

Hopefully with the reveal today we get information that will let us believe that the druid can be a better main healer.

reveal: teleporting druid horses </done> ;p

1 hour ago, blazzen said:

@SirGeorge What are your computer specs? Saw a lot of teens to 20's FPS in your video so I'm curious. 

turns out downloading updates during a larger fight causes problems :P