Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

"Massive Reveal" Day - Official discussion thread

Amazing update...

Also so happy for mithril warhammers and other roleplay guilds that can feel a bit more comfortable about how they represent in this game.

I expected this announcement to some degree, but still having it official and confirmed makes it much much better. 

Edited by VIKINGNAIL

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

The graphics update is sweet.

Class and race stuff went further than I expected it to, and it's also pretty sweet.

Need more time to look over the disciplines you've released so far, but I'm sure I'll find plenty I want.

Good stuff, ACE.  Well done.

Now that you've announced it, when are you giving us all of this?   Will it come with the first CW and 24/7 servers?

What does this reveal mean for promotion classes?  Will they still exist at all?

Edited by durenthal

The race, class separation and the ability to slot different weapons has just elevated CF to the status of SB in terms of character customization.  For a long time, those were the two things that were missing from being able to fully customize characters.

While the reveal was guessed by many, it is still nice to see that all of our hopes and dreams are now realized. (Too sappy, yeah probably, but who cares, this is a great reveal)

Exploration runes - can I hope for things like surveying in EvE?

Edited by Teufel
exploration addition

lUvvzPy.png

holy poorly made socks. This is huge/

So much customization. So many options. I remember during the first days when people were disheartened by the limitations placed by archetypes. Hopefully this will make more people interested in the game.

EDIT: New classes too! This is beyond awesome.

Edited by volahn

As much as I want to say this is exciting...the thing that the teaser kept pointing to is apparently not part of it.  The first real Campaign.

And here I was thinking people were going to be disappointed.

My first question is how does this affect promotion classes, or does it at all?

Also those trebuchets look awesome!

Losing disciplines and thus character/ability customization through looting could potentially be an issue depending on how hard they are to obtain in the first place (if the current phase of gathering and crafting is any indicator; a sluggish, painful bore).

Regression mechanics have never really been all that popular. I guess you could say full loot or inventory loot is regression as well, but every game I've ever played with regression mechanics has made bouncing back fairly easy to do.

Edited by Helix

I just gained a new found hype for this game. AWESOME changes. I cant wait to see them =)

Very pleased to see class/race combos, Especially with all the disciplines. No longer feel as if you're playing just another cookie cutter character. Can actually diverse yourself from other people far more than you ever could before. So the character truly feels as your own.

The graphics overhaul has me in awe, Those Trebs that you are showcasing are truly beautiful. 

Fantastic work guys

Edited by RPKhAZE

Just now, Helix said:

Losing disciplines and thus character/ability customization through looting could potentially be an issue depending on how hard they are to obtain in the first place (if the current phase of gathering and crafting is any indicator, a sluggish, painful bore).

Regression mechanics have never really been all that popular. I guess you could say full loot, or inventory loot is regression as well, but every game I've ever played with regression mechanics has made bouncing back fairly easy to do.

It should be easy to bounce back, you just can't bounce back with legendary quality everything over and over most likely.

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir