Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

"Massive Reveal" Day - Official discussion thread

This is fantastic.

As a player, I'm excited to get back to testing for the first time in 2ish months.

As an investor, I'm thrilled with the development, particularly on the graphics end.

1 minute ago, BarriaKarl said:

But vessels need to be replaced somehow. If looting isnt in game (Even though i think it will be a option) we will have decay AKA durability loss.

And disciplines are in the vessel.

Vessels can be replaced through item loss just like other items that are equipped and not able to be looted.  That would be pretty easy to adjust for, 1 death=vessel breaks, or 100 deaths=vessel breaks; this is pretty easy to balance based on player behavior and resource gathering.

When vessels start using discs, I guess we will see if the discs are on the vessel or the crow.  For now I'm sticking with I believe the crows hold the disc.  From everything ACE has said about having to replace the discs if you want a new one etc. I think that discs are a mechanic of the crow.

Awesome update and super excited to start trying out the new systems and combinations. I think the restrictions on archetypes  really had to be lifted for Crowfall to be super successful but I also feel like they knew that from the get go. I'm probably most excited for the graphics overhaul because If I'm gonna be playing this game for the next 10 years I don't want to be starring at a bland world. I'm sure they will continually improve the graphics throughout Crowfall's lifetime. And all the min/maxer's are gonna love all the new combinations from the classes/disciplines.

4 minutes ago, Teufel said:

You did see the reveal teaser that shows the equipment table.  As of now, disciplines are on the crow.

When we change vessels currently, we don't lose our harvesting runes, which are the first tab of the equipment table. I am guessing here, but I don't think discs are on the vessel; not with how it currently plays in the testing, and how this image lines up with what is already in the testing.

Disciplines are a new type of equipment. Think of them as fusing permanently into the vessel when they are equipped. Once equipped the only way to remove them is to destroy them. Meaning once equipped they are safe.

Until we add tech to turn your current vessel into an inventory object, we are destroying them when you change vessels. However since we are in the early testing phases, and discs only cost an ore to make, no big deal.

Thomas Blair
ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.
Follow us on Twitter 
@CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

12 minutes ago, Teufel said:

You did see the reveal teaser that shows the equipment table.  As of now, disciplines are on the crow.

When we change vessels currently, we don't lose our harvesting runes, which are the first tab of the equipment table. I am guessing here, but I don't think discs are on the vessel; not with how it currently plays in the testing, and how this image lines up with what is already in the testing.

this wouldn't work because you would have to constantly change your disciplines (which get destroyed) everytime you changed vessel , they are on the vessel same as jah said as an example your equipment

Fantastic update, I'll admit I was slowly getting disappointed with the direction the game began to take but now I'm totally back on-board.  Am I missing something or does this mean the end of Vessels?  Sorry if this is explained somewhere but I cannot find an answer in the article.

Awesome work anyway guys, great to see things picking up and taking a direction that seems to appeal to pretty much all the fans.

Just now, Jah said:

That would be odd. You only have one crow, but you can have multiple vessels in different campaigns. You think they'd all share your crow-level disciplines?

Original line of thought (keeping here even in light of Blair's post)IF discs are on the vessel, then vessels definitely need to be non-lootable; however I could see where discs are on the crow.  It makes the disc choice so much more valuable.  I'm open to them being on the vessel, but if they are I see so many problems.

In light of Blair's post. I don't like the mechanic of vessels and discs being destroyed willy nilly through PvP.  So with this news, I will fight hard for non-lootable vessels through all campaign types.  Some of us want character permanence, even as we accept dying worlds.  So while this reveal is great to uncouple race and archetype (now called class), I feel like they have a lot of work to do, to create permanence for characters.  We never needed "dying" characters, just a way for gear to need replacing.  Shadowbane's approach of all inventory items able to be looted was a great approach.

With the big reveal and a race/class character creation, I would rather they go back to no crow/vessel system.  However since the crow/vessel system is pretty integral to the system now, the best course of action is for discs and vessels to be safe from looting, while items in the inventory are able to be fully looted (vessels are still an attached/equipped item).

So very excited for this new update, thank you. Makes some choices so much easier. I can fine tune and make the character I want to play. I always liked the ranger class but also loved the elkin race, now that's a thing. And some of the things I didn't like about the ranger, like no healing save for lifesteal, I can patch up with disciplines. And disciplines that fit the character I want to play! And even daggers have lifesteal on basic attack now, which is beautiful. I hope I can make an elusive character that specializes in escaping and tracking, able to pick my battles without using stealth, instead using movement speed and abilities. That being said I hope in the future we get some disciplines that give movement abilities too. 

This also does complicate things though. Minotaur or elkin? Tough decisions man

8 minutes ago, blazzen said:

Is it safe to assume "bounty hunter" is still coming but is not on the list because track wasn't implemented yet? 

I think so, i heard in the video they were talking about the scout too so ;) 

WnxjrJ9.gif

Thelanas Kar'Pal Membre fondateur de l'alliance Naerth en 2001 - Ex Shadowbane European Advisor Damnation/Carnage/Vindication/Corruption http://www.twitch.tv/gorwald/profile

Will the classes (and to an extent the races) be mostly weapon locked still? We know that many classes will be able to pick up a ranged tray/weapon, and may even gain access to a stealth tray. Are animations being developed to grant two-handed weapons to races and classes which normally use one handed weapons?

Shadowbane - House Avari/Hy'shen
"Gimp elves get good elves killed." - Belina

Avari Discord - https://discord.gg/Bch24PV

6 minutes ago, threash said:

Where's them irekei and aracroix though?

The Sun Elves (subset of high elves) seem to resemble a cross between SB's Elves and the Irekei.

Shadowbane - House Avari/Hy'shen
"Gimp elves get good elves killed." - Belina

Avari Discord - https://discord.gg/Bch24PV