Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

"Massive Reveal" Day - Official discussion thread

15 minutes ago, soulein said:

Will the classes (and to an extent the races) be mostly weapon locked still? We know that many classes will be able to pick up a ranged tray/weapon, and may even gain access to a stealth tray. Are animations being developed to grant two-handed weapons to races and classes which normally use one handed weapons?

Seemed like the weapon disciplines provide some answers, though also some more questions.

Mic MWH, Member of Mithril Warhammers since 2003,

Hammers High! http://www.mithrilwarhammers.com

2 hours ago, blazzen said:

The graphics overhaul is impressive. My question is what it will do to performance?

Performance is definitely something they're going to have put some real time and energy into before they transition to 24/7.

well I haven't had the time to follow the forum play in it's entirety but I'm really glad it turned out to be the class/archetype speculation which has been going around since last week. 

Well what can I say.... thank you I guess and kudos to us all that we made it that far so ACE can do it like that. Nevertheless with the new graphics and furthermore with all the possible combinations of classes, gear, materials, etc. etc. etc. I wonder how well the systems will perform and even more importantly - balancing the whole thing. Obviously it will never be 100% balanced and shouldn't be but working out the details so things feel possible to overcome rather than plain overpowered is also a thing I'm a little bit concerned of. 

You get the wolves...lots of wolves...and sheep that wear armor and have developed an appetite for blood soaked grass - dubanka

Even insects smell good when roasted - a random confessor

3 minutes ago, Vectious said:

So is no one going to mention the greatest reveal?

Of course i am talking about that Todd Beard. 

Todd has entered his "Hot Dad" phase of development.

@jtoddcoleman I demand Centaur Rangers and Gunieacean Assassins! 

Half-Giants can just use a Master of Bows discipline. :P

Also, what is the plan for Advantages/Disadvantages in light of this reveal?

@thomasblair @Pann

Just in case you guys are fielding questions...  Are there going to be Disciplines  for crafters / harvesters? 

Yes, look back at the Summer Discipline reveal

Edited by coolster50

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

28 minutes ago, Teufel said:

In light of Blair's post. I don't like the mechanic of vessels and discs being destroyed willy nilly through PvP. 

If I read Blair's post correctly, it's only until we get the vessels as inventory objects.

"Until we add tech to turn your current vessel into an inventory object, we are destroying them when you change vessels"

Three things I'm curious about. First, are classes still going to be able to be promoted, or since we already have so much, has it been scrapped? Another thing is racials. For races like guinaceans, they're going to keep their tunneling dodge. Are there any other abilities that are race specific, now that they've been uncoupled from classes? Lastly with weapon disciplines, I'm wondering how they're going to work with what we have now. For example, if I had a knight with a weapon that's not a one hand with a shield, how would that interact with the abilities he has that require a shield? Would they just be unusable? 

how will the archetype split change attributes? will they be additive between the race and class, or will one or the other attributes pips represent a theoretical maximum?

6 minutes ago, rhynox said:

Three things I'm curious about. First, are classes still going to be able to be promoted, or since we already have so much, has it been scrapped? Another thing is racials. For races like guinaceans, they're going to keep their tunneling dodge. Are there any other abilities that are race specific, now that they've been uncoupled from classes? Lastly with weapon disciplines, I'm wondering how they're going to work with what we have now. For example, if I had a knight with a weapon that's not a one hand with a shield, how would that interact with the abilities he has that require a shield? Would they just be unusable? 

I think how it works is that some classes skill are linked to that class like knight shield bash if your a knight you already have that ability to shield bash as long as you have a shield equip, but if you wanna wield a two-handed sword you need a two handed sword rune so your knight can now use two-handed swords so I guess you will have to replace any of your weapon ability that uses a shield with two handed sword abilities.  

3 minutes ago, TJB0ND said:

I think how it works is that some classes skill are linked to that class like knight shield bash if your a knight you already have that ability to shield bash as long as you have a shield equip, but if you wanna wield a two-handed sword you need a two handed sword rune so your knight can now use two-handed swords so I guess you will have to replace any of your weapon ability that uses a shield with two handed sword abilities.  

That does seem logical. It also seems like you'd be gimping yourself pretty heavily, getting rid of key class abilities if you didn't have a shield. 

27 minutes ago, SirGeorge said:

@thomasblair @Pann

Just in case you guys are fielding questions...  Are there going to be Disciplines  for crafters / harvesters? 

1 hour ago, supportdaddy said:

@ 2:56 in the video, 

Amazing update. Thoroughly thrilled... but... I have a comment and a request. 

I've read what people are saying about vessels... I don't think it works very well.... with the new changes. Think about it. let's say...I have a human Templar, a human Knight a Half Giant Champion and Half Giant Cleric. That means Rings, necklaces, gear  weapons and vessels have to be stored in my bank. I cannot use the same  human vessel between my knight and Templar, they are specced differently from components to runes. Same for HG. This just looks like it could lead to incredible inventory bloat. Which steers back toward the advantages of multiple accounts again. Just my 0.02 of course.

Oh.. and... No Half Giant Templar? Just do it... because Shadowbane!

I am concerned after reading each rune (and may post this in the Q&A thread as well) that two major disciplines seem to be directly targeting confessors as a 'hard counter'.  Fire eater targets fire damage, which is essentially a direct hard-counter to the confessor, as we get 2 weapon rune choices, and one isn't usable in game (unless they will allow focus to override and allow a book to be usable?  even then, it doesn't say the abilities turn from fire to frost).  Friar isn't necessarily a 'hard counter', but the number of 'sin' users in the game are 2.

I realize there are other 'counter' runes presented, but they seem to be much more broad in scope and these 2 seem much more penalizing than the others, especially towards the confessor class specifically.