Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

"Massive Reveal" Day - Official discussion thread

29 minutes ago, Andius said:

@Pann @jtoddcoleman

Back when disciplines were first revealed a werewolf discipline was revealed that you may be able to guess by my avatar and signature I was pretty excited about. But today when disciplines were posted there is no werewolf discipline to be seen.

Is there werewolf discipline something that was decided against or is it something we can expect to see when more disciplines are revealed in the future?

We all still want to do the Wereforms, and even more exotic Disicplines!
The first round of disciplines was very design, art, and tech heavy and we didn't want to sign up for more than we could accomplish for round 1.

I'm really happy with what we put up is functional disciplines (minus FX and sound in some cases) and not just another list!

Also there is a much more detailed description of each power in the Powers UI once you have the discipline equipped. Obviously to prevent the inventory tooltips from too much bloat we limited ourselves to a 5 or 6 word high level description.

Thomas Blair
ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.
Follow us on Twitter 
@CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Awesome! I'm glad to know it's still in the works. That was the only part about this update that had me at all concerned.

Everything else is great. Really happy about the multiple races per class, graphical changes, and overall look of the discipline system. This reveal lived up to it's hype IMO.

"To hell with honor. Win."

A Beginner's Guide to Crowfall (5.8.5 Edition)

35 minutes ago, Apok said:

This so much, even in non action combat the smaller you are the harder it is to target. I never understood in PvP situations why someone would make the Great Big Insert Race Here unless your goal was to get the focus on yourself to soak up dmg.

Yes another thing to remember this will be a balancing nightmare I bet...

Check out my youtube channel for testing gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp-AgZ6mHOVObusemDVEXoA

2 hours ago, DarkAdumbral said:

So Confessors can no longer be human per the chart? Seems strange that humans lost Confessor! 

Since you aren't the first to say this, I direct you to today's reveal.

According to the narrative, the Nethari consider themselves to be “pure” of blood; the chosen people of Arkon the Sun Prince.   ~JTC

Nethari are humans, but a separate breed, separated by prejudice and many generations.

They can probably still breed with mongrel humans, but would never stoop that low. (on purpose, anyway)

Clerics = Forgemaster + Legionnaire (lego was OP and Forgemaster was an unknown support class).

Ranger = Ranger + Stalker (they were redundant classes anyway).

Stoneborn and elken are still around, just more flexible.

Character creation runes are gone forever and so are race/class locking.

It looks like weapons are now locked to discipline runes. Hopefully that will open up for some varied builds.

Edited by chancellor
Recognized weapon choice late.

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

After looking over the known weapons discs, I sure hope they do a pass of those runes.  First they have Lengionnaire still as a class (they said it might show up as a power etc. but it's done as a class); then they only have 1 weapon disc available for the Frostweaver, while some of the other classes have 8.

@jtoddcoleman Will we be seeing a weapons relook at some point in the future; I'm not asking for a date, just that the team recognizes some of the imbalance with the current weapon runes.

lUvvzPy.png

16 minutes ago, YouTubejasonwivart said:

Yes another thing to remember this will be a balancing nightmare I bet...

they never said it would be balanced they were more looking at is this fun, not every class will be balanced for every situation. 

The idea that all characters should be equally balanced in all situations is not one of our design goals. We’re giving you the control to be able to customize your character. The natural result is that some character builds will inevitably be better than others.

directly from the faqs for proof.

*cough cough*

for those that missed it

• Scouting will give you the ability to sneak behind enemy lines and create consumable map items. These items can be sold (or traded) to other players and, when used, they give you a time-sensitive snapshot of an area, clearing out the Fog of War for other players.

[TB] The Balance
Nation of Equilibrium

10 minutes ago, chancellor said:

So a CF "scout" would be a ranger with appropriate runes?

Not necessarily, Assassins or Duelists could make good scouts aswell, just depends on the runes equipped and the skills trained

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

22 minutes ago, Kiro said:

*cough cough*

for those that missed it

22 minutes ago, Kiro said:

Scouting will give you the ability to sneak behind enemy lines and create consumable map items. These items can be sold (or traded) to other players and, when used, they give you a time-sensitive snapshot of an area, clearing out the Fog of War for other players.

I've always wanted to be an explorer/scout with real purpose, supported by actual game mechanics. Really looking forward to it. I really love that this game is pulling so much from what would traditionally be in RTS games.

Exotic as in...

Monk (MINOR): Druid, Cleric, Duelist, Ranger
   Passive - Dodge +3%
   Meditate - Channeled resource Increase (Reduction)
   Fists of Fury - +250% bare hand combat damage (ignores equiped weapon)
       Combo E: Roundhouse Kick - single target knockdown

Staff Mastery (WEAPON): Any
   Passive - Allows Staff weapon (crushing)
   Low guard - Channeled Parry (Stamina) (similar to Templar power)
        Combo E: Retaliate +200% melee damage blow
        Combo 6: Low Blow Stun (3 sec)
   Dart - 5m range jump/melee thrust attack +150% (very short cd)
   Morris Dance - AoE melee spin attack +250% (6 sec duration, long cd)

Shapeshifter (MAJOR): Druid, Ranger, Assassin  (Removes standard trays, adds LMB melee attack/RMB sprint, only 2-3 powers)
   Bear Form - passive +100 Con/+100 Str  (uses Ghia's wail model)  TANK
        Claw swipe (slash attack)
        Bite - +300% melee attack (crushing)
        Break form - return to Archetype form
   Wolf Form - passive +1% run speed/+5% dodge efficiency   SUPPORT
        Howl - AoE damage debuff
        On the Hunt - Tracking skill
   Badger Form - passive +100 Dex/+100% Con/-1% run speed   SPECIALTY/DPS
        Burrow - same as Guinecean power
        Maul - +200% melee (piercing) attack (Doubled from stealth)

Master of Flora (MINOR): Druid, Ranger, Myrmidon
    Passive - group hunger (-2)
    Bramble - AoE 20% slow 30m radius (8 sec/30 sec cd)
    Thorns -10 sec damage shield (stacks w/Bramblecoat, 10 sec cd)
    Barbs -10m ranged cone attack (piercing)

Master of Fauna (MINOR): Druid, Ranger, Myrmidon
    Passive - 0.5% group run speed
    Call of the Wild - Group Stam +2 regen
    Call the Murder - AoE Reveal stealthed
    Call the Herd - AoE Melee attack

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

9 minutes ago, Andius said:

@Frykka - Did you make those up or are you reading them from somewhere?

He probably created those. I also think you didnt mark him properly, you have to click on the person name that appears to do it. And the color changes to blue like @Andius.

I just realized some serious flaws in my building process! We can only have three passives! Call me stupid but i really overlooked that.

What use are minor Disciplines if almost all of them just grants passives and the passives in my Major Discs/Weapon Disc are better?

Passive powers pretty much just do their thing in the background and offer gameplay changing aspects. Because of this, we are limiting the maximum number to three that a player can have actively equipped. - Blair